What's new

INS Vikramditya, India's second aircraft carrier, out at sea again

Haha, now you are trying to make me - an advocate of the conventional sub - into a stark defender of carriers. Nice try but: fail!

Do you grasp the fundamental difference between an exercise involving NATO members only (with sub not revealing themselves any more than they have to for their mission), and a Chinese sub popping up in a US carrier group (making itself known deliberately, rather than staying hidden).... ? The latter situation has little to do with capabilities but everything with power-politics and 'face'.

I understand,ofcourse the chinese wanted to 'send a message'.

What are the capabilities of the U214 Submarines, I have heard they are the second best diesel submarines in the world after U212.

That's good news I heard about diesel subs as Turkey has the largest Conventional submarine fleet in NATO with 14 submarines

That's good news I heard about diesel subs as Turkey has the largest Conventional submarine fleet in NATO with 14 submarines

Yes but all 14 are rather old type 209 subs.Not bad but not current gen tech.
Type 214 is indeed among possibly the best diesel submarine in the world along with french marlin/super scorpene.Turkey will probably get 6 of those.

Yes but all 14 are rather old type 209 subs.Not bad but not current gen tech.
Type 214 is indeed among possibly the best diesel submarine in the world along with french marlin/super scorpene.Turkey will probably get 6 of those.

No, just like there is different versions of things we have different type 209. 8 of these type 209 are 209-1400 which are the newer models. The other 6 are 209-1200.

Back
Top Bottom