What's new

INS VIKRAMDITYA in Indian Service

It sooo happens that even when I am not trolling ppl assume that I am trolling. :(

I am sure there would be a more appropriate answer to my 2nd doubt.

Haha, it's done to train pilots in the setup for a landing sequence. Also done to reject a landing if the bearing isn't correct etc.

Awesome!!!

Now I might sound very dilettante with my doubts but still I want to get it cleared.
1) why were some guys wearing silver colored suit?
2) why did some flights touch down to take off immediately?? What was the purpose?

@Abingdonboy I didnt get any notification for this mention.
FYI: @WebMaster

2.) they had to catch the rope with the hook at the back which they din't succeded & had to take off again to land.

Awesome!!!

Now I might sound very dilettante with my doubts but still I want to get it cleared.
2) why did some flights touch down to take off immediately?? What was the purpose?

1. The silver suits are fire-retardant. They are always on stand-by during flight ops.

2. That is a very common manoeuvre that is regularly practiced by all pilots, especially more so by carrier-based pilots. The reason being that should the landing go awry(either due to strong cross-winds or bad landing angle) , the pilot must be good enough to immediately power-up and take-off and reattempt the procedure. In carriers, if the aircraft fails to hook-up with the arresting wires, the pilot needs to follow the same procedure.

@levina oops, looks like your questions had already been answered.
shame.gif

@levina oops, looks like your questions had already been answered.
shame.gif
Because you know more about the dud in me, so you explained it in a lil more detail- thank you. :-)

And I can see the "Indee minion" in your pic.:lol:.....didnt know you had saved it that day.

Last edited:
Because you know more about the dud in me, so you explained it in a lil more detail- thank you. :-)

And I can see the "Indee minion" in your pic.:lol:.....didnt know you had saved it.

Dud and you??!:o: Rather, it's my incompetence that I couldn't explain it any more concisely.:agree:

Of course I saved that pic! It's not everyday that I get such special attention.:meeting:

Awesome!!!

@Abingdonboy I didnt get any notification for this mention.
FYI: @WebMaster
1) Fire fighting suits- the silver reflective suits will protect them from the intense heat of an a/c crash due to the nature of such crashes and aviation fuel such fires are far more aggressive and intensive than the sort of everyday fires you'd have in cities/towns so why the civilian firefighters aren't seen wearing such suits.
2) The pilots are performing "touch and gos" a practice used to ensure proficiency in landing and to help familiarise pilots in a new platform and or new airport or in this case an ACC. As the Viky has only been in Indian hands a few months all MiG-29K/KUB pilots will be undertaking scores of touch and go landings to get them up to speed with landing their beasts on the Viky.

After certain point it just becomes uneconomical to keep a ship afloat and the Viraat crossed that point a LONG time ago. The Viraat has only been kept in service so that Indian has had a ACC for the past few years, not because she really has much life left in her. After the IAC-1 is in service she will be retired and this is the smart thing to do. The IN is going to get 4 LHD/LPD by 2020 as it is.

Corrected bro........my bad.
Better else was about to charge on you:D.....

Back
Top Bottom