What's new

Indonesian president vows to outgun Australia

I would have to disagree with the first part. While Indonesia has higher PPP GDP than Australia, Australia has much higher absolute GDP. Remember, population size does not necessarily indicate GDP. For example, Germany's population is not that high, but only three nations beat it in nominal GDP (four if you use PPP).

Personally, I think Indonesia does have incentive and need to build a strong military. The same can not be said about Australia. Who are they gonna fight? New Zealand?

Australia has been more active in global conflicts and has a decent military history. I doubt they will go the route of Iceland.

Australia has been more active in global conflicts and has a decent military history. I doubt they will go the route of Iceland.

I agree. Iceland is like the name indicated, an island and quite a lot of ice. There is almost zero incentive for anyone to invade it. Australia, on the other hand, has a lot more resource and should have at least some military.

However, I would also argue that Australia's has a significantly more peaceful environment than Indonesia. Unlike arms producing nations such as China or US who are arms production is necessary to maintain the domestic arms industry and research, both Indonesia and Australia are big arms importers. As a result, I would argue that importing more than necessary is not ideal. Of course, if Australia wants to do it, then more power to them.

sorry we never ask money from your country, they just give it is to us for symbolic goodwill gesture. For your info, Indonesia economic growth never depend on Australia aid, and just to remember thats your associates farmer group lobbying your gov. to lift meat cow bans export several years ago :coffee: . And just wait for several years into future when our nation will outgunned your military power and you dont have any money or separate budget to compete with us.

i never said our money caused growth to your economy at all.. but indonesia never gives us money? your students come to australia because out education is far superior to that in indonesia. even if we did not give you money, your students will still come. why? because we are far ahead of indonesia in many aspects, even out quality of life is far greater.

in several years there will not be any real difference in military power. indonesia may bulk up, but our technology will still be ahead of indonesia. maybe by the year 2050 if indonesia experiences a massive boost and australia goes downhill, indonesia will then be just as technological as us, with a good education system, little to no corruption, with a comparable economy. when you get your 4th generation planes, we will have 5th generation planes... just remember, australia has a lot more money to throw around then indonesia... but the bonus for indonesia is the cost of living is extremely cheap compared to australia, so while their economy is smaller, their money can go farther. but regardless.. indonesia will not be overtaking australia economically for many many years.. you can get a bigger army, you can try to destabilize the balance of power in the region.. we will spend money to prevent that and we will continue to have better capabilities then indonesia does... u must still be reeling from east timor, easy to shoot the east timorese but u guys wouldnt dare take on the aussie soldiers that went their as peace keepers lol

as it stands now, even with more people in your army, we could still win a war as we have and will continue to have air dominance in this region. indonesia has a lot more people then australia , so of course it's economy should be bigger. but it currently is not and per capita australia is far beyond indonesias scope of possibilities. definitely in the near future anyway.

i never said our money caused growth to your economy at all.. but indonesia never gives us money? your students come to australia because out education is far superior to that in indonesia. even if we did not give you money, your students will still come. why? because we are far ahead of indonesia in many aspects, even out quality of life is far greater.

in several years there will not be any real difference in military power. indonesia may bulk up, but our technology will still be ahead of indonesia. maybe by the year 2050 if indonesia experiences a massive boost and australia goes downhill, indonesia will then be just as technological as us, with a good education system, little to no corruption, with a comparable economy. when you get your 4th generation planes, we will have 5th generation planes... just remember, australia has a lot more money to throw around then indonesia... but the bonus for indonesia is the cost of living is extremely cheap compared to australia, so while their economy is smaller, their money can go farther. but regardless.. indonesia will not be overtaking australia economically for many many years.. you can get a bigger army, you can try to destabilize the balance of power in the region.. we will spend money to prevent that and we will continue to have better capabilities then indonesia does... u must still be reeling from east timor, easy to shoot the east timorese but u guys wouldnt dare take on the aussie soldiers that went their as peace keepers lol

as it stands now, even with more people in your army, we could still win a war as we have and will continue to have air dominance in this region. indonesia has a lot more people then australia , so of course it's economy should be bigger. but it currently is not and per capita australia is far beyond indonesias scope of possibilities. definitely in the near future anyway.

i just talking with some Australia hawkish, at least almost all of your argument and comment here is based on your opinion. and when we are talking about opinion is useless to related it with some harsh but truth facts because your brain had been fueled by your ego. Have you looking your Defense White Paper for 2013, and read the points of 2.32 and 2.34, is just like your government suddenly realize how important our nation for their national defense and trying to attract our people came close to your side.

Even your gov. thinks it is important to let Indonesia modernize their military and build up their muscle, because they are realize without Indonesia on their side your country is plain open for any military invasion from the North. And Indonesia right now is one of true democratic country strife to build their economics, bureaucracy, education systems and living conditions for average Indonesian population. And for your info, even with Indonesia current conditions (rampant corruption, ineffective bureaucrats) our economics outcast says we will hit two trillion dollar economics just five or six years from when i typing this comment. And when it will happen we will throw more money then your gov. can dreamed about for education, technology. military and economics build up.

It is wiki but this at least can be trusted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia#Demographics:

"Over 80 percent of Australia's population is of European ancestry, and most of the rest are of Asian heritage, with a smaller minority of indigenous (Aboriginal) background"

Over 95% of Australians used to be white just a few decades.

"Following the abolition of the White Australia policy in 1973, numerous government initiatives have been established to encourage and promote racial harmony based on a policy of multiculturalism."

" In 2005–06, more than 131,000 people emigrated to Australia, mainly from Asia and Oceania.[235] The migration target for 2012–13 is 190,000"

More and more Australians will be Asian into the future. Before mid-century whites will be a minority and Australia can then be thought as being a truly Asian country.

" Australia's largest export markets are Japan, China, the US, South Korea, and New Zealand"

Most natural resources are going to other Asian countries to fuel their growth.

Seems like Australia knows how to get along with Asian countries. Keep up the good work.:cheers:

Dude, European DOES NOT EQUAL TO WHITE

Turkey is part of EU, do you consider Turkish white? Or Middle Eastern?

Dude, your English is really bad for an English, how can you mixed up Race with Nationality??

well, you can hope and dream Australia will "Become" an Asian Country. I am Asian myself but I almost likely object to Asian Population influx in Australia. As there are more Asian in Australia, you will only once again push the Australian Government crack down on Asian. It will not be anything to those who don't live here, it will be HELL for Asian already in Australia.

but looking at the trance, it is not going to happen in centuries. Today Asian Population is at 2.4 millions. That mean 21 millions people in Australia are non-Asian. For 150,000 immigration a year, even if you say 90% of those are from Asia, which is NOT true. It will take at least 100 years to reach a population of 15 millions (10 year for 1.5 mil) of Asian in Australian with a somewhat 40 something million population. (population growth at 1.7%)

Thank the lord about that

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/reports/annual/2011-12/pdf/appendices.pdf

this is a good read on Citizenship by previous Nationality. Notice that

China - 6876
India - 10076
UK - 16401

lol - you may hope and dream there are going to be a Asian own Australia, but that would just be a pipe dream

and what? keep them in our country? we are not your dumpsite, those guys are heading towards your country, actually. Why should we spare our time keeping them?

Because they are refugees landing in your country, so they should be your responsibility. Your government shouldn't be encouraging and allowing people smugglers to conduct criminal activity on your territory.

How would Indonesia like it if Australian government officials and Australian police let large criminal organizations traffic drugs from Australian territory to Indonesia and just turned around and said "oh, it's your responsibility" ?

The crime is happening in Indonesian territory, it has to be stopped there.

Don't fcking play dumb with me, you white wannabe viet.

As i said before, once USA is gone, there will be a coalition force of Pakistan-Bangladesh-Malaysia-Indonesia to occupy the white trash Australia. :agree:

Lol funniest thing i'v heard in a long time.

Chinese members on here are obsessed with invasions of other countries. It's almost like they think this is a video game where countries will invade other countries at the first chance they get for their "resources"

It could be further from reality.

Lol funniest thing i'v heard in a long time.

Chinese members on here are obsessed with invasions of other countries. It's almost like they think this is a video game where countries will invade other countries at the first chance they get for their "resources"

It could be further from reality.

Have you read my previous post?

I said that China isn't interested about the Australian land. :coffee:

As long as Australia gives the Asians what they need then no need to invade Australia.

This is exactly why Australia WON'T be invaded. This isn't the 1700's, it's 2013. We live in a globalized world where people can simply buy the resources they want instead of invading and taking.

It's sad that a lot of people from asian nations still think of the world in a colonization 1700's period.

In a nutshell, stop killing their people on both level military and civilian and you won't bleed by the ISI. Trust me, if NATO didn't do with they did, you won't be losing 254 loved ones of yours :D ..

I have no idea what you are saying........

You are saying ISI now killing NATO? Then we would see Pakistan Drone roam free in Afghanistan. Wasn't it the other way around?

Because they are refugees landing in your country, so they should be your responsibility. Your government shouldn't be encouraging and allowing people smugglers to conduct criminal activity on your territory.

How would Indonesia like it if Australian government officials and Australian police let large criminal organizations traffic drugs from Australian territory to Indonesia and just turned around and said "oh, it's your responsibility" ?

The crime is happening in Indonesian territory, it has to be stopped there.

Why whenever Australian ask Indonesia to do something about the refugee, the first thing they ever say is "To Keep them in Our Country?" Maybe Indonesia do not have a deportation system. But we do.

I strongly suggest our Government even stop offshore processing and deport those "Refugee" to where they came from, if a location cannot be established then deport them to where they start their journey. Indonesia can choose to keep them or deporting them themselves, fair??

Europe will be overpopulated with Muslims, while America will be overpopulated with Latinos and Blacks.

Obama is a closet Muslim, he is even reluctant to change his middle name. The right-wings from Texas was right, US needs a civil war. :coffee:

It's interesting reading backward racist things like this. You are implying that black people and latinos can't be Americans. Black and Latino Americans are proud to be American as any white person.

Just like Asian Australians are proud to be Australian as much as any White Australian.

This notion that your race automatically makes your allegiance to another country is just a stupid argument

Welcome to the forum Mr Romanian.

Like I say, since Australian is being flooded with Asians as we speak and Asians also have access to all their natural resources then no need to plan to conquer them in the future.

In due time Australia will become another Asian country.:nana:

Better you worry about Romania and let Asians worry about Asia.

A perfect example of the racist backward attitude i explained above.

It's interesting reading backward racist things like this. You are implying that black people and latinos can't be Americans. Black and Latino Americans are proud to be American as any white person.

Just like Asian Australians are proud to be Australian as much as any White Australian.

This notion that your race automatically makes your allegiance to another country is just a stupid argument

A perfect example of the racist backward attitude i explained above.

Good, as long as you are happy with that. :coffee:

As it is, Australia remains a key partner for the West in terms of global trade. I don't know why there are talks of hypothetical war scenarios between Indonesia and Australia. It is moot to debate such a hypothetical scenario as it will never happen. Indonesia understands the full weight behind the Australia, New Zealand and United States Mutual Defense Treaty. It is to the best interest for all parties to cooperate financially, politically, culturally.

Regards to all. Peace. Shalom. Salam.

Good, as long as you are happy with that. :coffee:

Why wouldn't i be happy with that? I'm not racist. I have friends who are asian, black and middle eastern etc and they are all proud to be Australian.

This mentality that you have where people of other races are some sort of trojan horse waiting to take over your country is just retarded.

Australia has 4th generation Australians that have Chinese heritage, but only call themselves Australians because this is their country and they have no allegiance whatsoever to China.

Why wouldn't i be happy with that? I'm not racist. I have friends who are asian, black and middle eastern etc and they are all proud to be Australian.

This mentality that you have where people of other races are some sort of trojan horse waiting to take over your country is just retarded.

Australia has 4th generation Australians that have Chinese heritage, but only call themselves Australians because this is their country and they have no allegiance whatsoever to China.

Nice, but i still believe that Obama gonna ruin US, soon US will outbreak with another civil war led by the right-wing republicans from the South, since they cannot stand with the stupid liberals anymore. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom