What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Indonesian army from Siliwangi Division who prepared to begin their long journey being moved by trucks being watched by Netherlands Army

POW2-1_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

KCR Strong! No more Fregat, No Destroyer :crazy:

If the photo talking about new ships so there will be two more Fregat. I think Destroyer will be a useful platform if we can make our own cruise missile.

KCR Strong! No more Fregat, No Destroyer :crazy:

:D

If the photo talking about new ships so there will be two more Fregat. I think Destroyer will be a useful platform if we can make our own cruise missile.

Quite dissapointing really. I expect at least we build more than 10 PKR until 2025, but....
On the other hand, i quite happy to see the rest of the plan.

Quite dissapointing really. I expect at least we build more than 10 PKR until 2025, but....
On the other hand, i quite happy to see the rest of the plan.

4 new frigate and after that more submarine acquisitions, and I hope more CN 235 MPA and our small planes will also be replaced by N 219 (my prediction). I think the plan is quite clever. And with this plan, it means we will keep continuing to upgrade our old Frigate that will give our electronics defense companies project and experience.

I bet more Su 35 for 2019-2025 since the Air Force that become our weak point.

4 new frigate and after that more submarine acquisitions, and I hope more CN 235 MPA and our small planes will also be replaced by N 219 (my prediction). I think the plan is quite clever. And with this plan, it means we will keep continuing to upgrade our old Frigate that will give our electronics defense companies project and experience. I bet more Su 35 for 2019-2025 since the Air Force that become our weak point.

4 new frigates, that's not even enough to replace the 6 old VS. We should push for at least 6 new frigates, including 2 frigates we currently build. For N219, if i'm not mistaken, we will utilize this plane to replace the remaining nomad fleet.

4 new frigates, that's not even enough to replace the 6 old VS. We should push for at least 6 new frigates, including 2 frigates we currently build. For N219, if i'm not mistaken, we will utilize this plane to replace the remaining nomad fleet.
4 PKR Frigate plus 2 from the "crash program" maybe?

Japan and Indonesia agree to start defence trade talks
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
17 December 2015

Japan and Indonesia have agreed to start negotiations on defence trade and technology transfers, it was announced on 17 December.

The pact, which was made during meetings in Tokyo between the country's defence and foreign ministers, is geared towards supporting Japanese sales to Indonesia. A platform identified for potential export is ShinMaywa Industries US-2i amphibious search-and-rescue aircraft.

The Japanese Ministry of Defense (MoD) said in a statement that the talks will provide a framework for a deeper collaboration in defence and security including Japan's provision of equipment and co-operation on related technologies.

Japan's defence minister Gen Nakatani was quoted as saying, "We agreed to start negotiation on the transfer of defence technology, which is a great achievement." Nakatani's counterpart, Ryamizard Ryacudu, reiterated Indonesia's interest in acquiring the US-2i aircraft to support the country's efforts to improve maritime surveillance and security.

Japan and Indonesia agree to start defence trade talks | IHS Jane's 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that ShinMaywa plane btw as it has already been heavily covered by our media as "a project" from our strong parliament member that has already been thrown out from his position over other scandals just recently.

Looking at the plan, i think we have plenty of time to build more frigates without relying on "crash program", If we choose to do so.

looking at the plan is quite contrary to the realized program. Take an example, in the plan there is no room for Bung Tomo Class between 2010 through 2015 period, but they have been realized. Anyway, there is so much differences between Navy "NEEDS" and what they have been planning. As an example, currently they need a large OPV class but they don't put them in strategic plan, same with Minesweeper vessels and other. And currently Navy Chief of Staff and Chief of Staff of Armed Forces had realized if KCR 40 class bring no real value for the Navy fire power so they had been reluctant to induct them anymore (as you can see, the class is have been no ordered anymore since Marsetio been replaced). There is so much differences between actual need and what they have been planning. But the plan is actually quite important to serve as the basic preparations for the Navy to prepare everything what they want to do in future.

looking at the plan is quite contrary to the realized program. Take an example, in the plan there is no room for Bung Tomo Class between 2010 through 2015 period, but they have been realized. Anyway, there is so much differences between Navy "NEEDS" and what they have been planning. As an example, currently they need a large OPV class but they don't put them in strategic plan, same with Minesweeper vessels and other. And currently Navy Chief of Staff and Chief of Staff of Armed Forces had realized if KCR 40 class bring no real value for the Navy fire power so they had been reluctant to induct them anymore (as you can see, the class is have been no ordered anymore since Marsetio been replaced). There is so much differences between actual need and what they have been planning. But the plan is actually quite important to serve as the basic preparations for the Navy to prepare everything what they want to do in future.

Yeah, that plan wasn't written in stone, so we should always expect changes every now and then. But one thing that obvious, looks like we are way behind the plan.

Yeah, that plan wasn't written in stone, so we should always expect changes every now and then. But one thing that obvious, looks like we are way behind the plan.

i thing much of them is ahead of scheduled plan

Yonif 512 Quratra Yudha conduct rescue operation exercise
20151223antarafoto-simulasi-penyelamatan-sandera-231215-abs-3.jpg

20151223antarafoto-simulasi-penyelamatan-sandera-231215-abs-5.jpg

the gear, especially the vest rig is an old model. No attached NVG. But yeah still a better progress because the regular infantry battalion starting to use combat vest, knee and elbow pad, balaclava and on.....but compared to what the regular Police Brimob had, the army still need a lot of work. As you can see in the pic below, is quite contrast between Army and Police gears, Opscore combat helmet, attached optical sight in Assault rifle, armor vest compared to Army.

201512230445.jpg

Gubernur Banten Rano Karno (kiri) memeriksa pasukan pada upacara "Operasi Lilin" 2015 di Alun-alun Kota Serang, Banten, Rabu (23/12). Sebanyak 997 personel gabungan Kepolisian dan TNI siap mengamankan gereja, objek vital serta kawasan wisata selama perayaan Natal dan Tahun Baru 2016. ANTARA FOTO/Asep Fathulrahman/foc/15.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom