What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Not at all... actually I'm just suggesting that the US invite him for a visit... it simply seems to be one of the most obvious way to help fast track things for all concerned... :-) Just wondering why it hasn't been done so...

As for "effectively manage the development of our armed forces on the basis of cost, commonality, networked infrastructure, and relevance to the current threats?" You do realize that it is also achievable using France/EU hardware right...? Considering that plenty of our existing and planned alutsista for AD, AL and even AU is already of France/EU origin too... Who knows, perhaps it might even be easier to network them all together.. Nothing wrong really for Prabowo to select Rafale or Typhoon.. it's not like those are low quality, inferior products.. though I'm not so keen on used T1 Typhoons myself...

Yes its achievable with French and EU hardware but not quite, its not the cheapest or the most effective solution, I think I pointed out a few posts before how France is a decent partner when it comes getting offsets and how other than Russia, they're one of the few nations that can provide us diversification if people are still worried about the dreaded embargo but that ss where the benefits stop really.

I can tell you a lot of wrongs in selecting the Rafale and maybe the Typhoon. Its not just about networking, its about logistics and commonality too. Yes with the Rafale and Typhoon, you can network them with our existing hardware we have through datalinks like Link 16, but then you have commonality and logistics to worry about.

The problem with the Rafale and I have mentioned this a lot of times before is that you literally have to setup a whole new infrastructure and buy all new armaments for it. The TNI-AU currently only have the infrastructure and armaments for either US or Russian jets, the Rafale can only exclusively use EU/French missiles like the MICA and Meteor and AASM Hammer, AS-30, etc. Which means you have to buy all new armaments which will costs a lot, not too mention we also have to setup the Dassault infrastructure since we have never operated French jets before, all the other Rafale operators (India, Egypt, Qatar) all have operated Mirage 2000's before this meaning they have some of the support equipment, infrastructure, armament and established relations with Dassault before they operated the Rafale, meanwhile if we operate Rafale we literally have to start from zero.

So yes you can have networked infrastructure with French/EU hardware, but costs and commonality? not really.

OKAY, LET'S DO IT!!

Yeah, is it serious or just angin lalu ??
we should do this more often , but not limited to TNI body only but rather embracing it for the whole education system to help student study abroad, that's remind me of japanese "Iwakura Mission" in meiji restoration period.

I just saw some Indonesian netizens being die hard defending Chinese things, not just their interests but everything Chinese as if those people are Sinophile. I wonder if actual conflict to break over South China Sea, will we face kind of 5th Column movement among us ?

There will always be 5th column movement no matter how it would take shape. But that also depends on how Indonesia in general reacts to it. Does it want to equalize China = Chinese and take extreme prejudices like when the US rounded up Americans of German and Japanese descent during WW2 or rather encourage unity?

I just saw some Indonesian netizens being die hard defending Chinese things, not just their interests but everything Chinese as if those people are Sinophile. I wonder if actual conflict to break over South China Sea, will we face kind of 5th Column movement among us ?
I mean if history has given us a benchmark, the Americans interned their entire Japanese population in World War 2. So who knows?

They already around for some time. Internet spots such as Facebook, Reddit, Quora, Discord are just few of the cyber places they usually hang out.

TBH I'm more worry about our critical infrastructure in any hostility scenario. They are extremely vulnerable.

any plans to add more 80m or bigger ships to the CG?
there should be , but looks like our kemenpolhukam are focusing on merger of our coast guard institution first.
83494720_179726196468950_6875340301748991205_n.jpg

Last edited:
There is many of them..mostly peranakan..but for general most chinesse in indonesia support taiwan or singapore..
If war errupt in scs maybe we can take what US do in ww2 for example

There is many of them..mostly peranakan..but for general most chinesse in indonesia support taiwan or singapore..
If war errupt in scs maybe we can take what US do in ww2 for example

Just wonder are those peranakan who support Taiwan or Singapore a 5th column too? and how about those who support US?

Some are natural, and Sinophile is just fine. The one that you need to worry is those who support Indonesian' enemy.

Also it is subjective; some see Indonesian netizens die hard defending Chinese things, some see Indonesian netizens die hard confronting Chinese things. So it is subject to the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom