What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

terma investment in indonesia can corespond to our F-16 fleets need .
upload_2020-6-15_21-49-6.png

upload_2020-6-15_21-49-25.png

upload_2020-6-15_21-50-15.png

upload_2020-6-15_21-55-36.png

this can turn our F-16 into a growler

Last edited:
This is just my opinion.
Isn't it better to propose F15ex with PW F100 to US to replace su35 deal instead of F35 for now?
I mean, F35 still have many bugs, its cost per flight hour still high, etc.
We can wait for F35.

It all depends on the task/purpose the fighters are assign to. With all the SU35/KFX drama that bring uncertainty I think F16V is the wise choice for now. F35 without good network centric would be a waste, F15 overlapped the Sukhoi (assigned task) that we have. Please keep in mind that buying fighter jets depend very much on the task or in other word the job that we assigned it to. Having Viper also can become a stepping stone/good introduction pilots and ground crew about the latest avionic technology and wont overlapping the other planed to have lets say SU35/KFX. As for SU35/F15/F35/KFX lets see what happen next. We desperatly need an airframe, please keep in mind that if my memory serve me right those hawks would be retired around 2024-2025.

terma investment in indonesia can corespond to our F-16 fleets need .

this can turn our F-16 into a growler

They going to invest here? That would be great and surprising at the same time :rolleyes:

It all depends on the task/purpose the fighters are assign to. With all the SU35/KFX drama that bring uncertainty I think F16V is the wise choice for now. F35 without good network centric would be a waste, F15 overlapped the Sukhoi (assigned task) that we have. Please keep in mind that buying fighter jets depend very much on the task or in other word the job that we assigned it to. Having Viper also can become a stepping stone/good introduction pilots and ground crew about the latest avionic technology and wont overlapping the other planed to have lets say SU35/KFX. As for SU35/F15/F35/KFX lets see what happen next. We desperatly need an airframe, please keep in mind that if my memory serve me right those hawks would be retired around 2024-2025.

They going to invest here? That would be great and surprising at the same time :rolleyes:
If it's overlapped, why buy Su35 then?

Lockheed Martin Awarded $77 Million Contract to Provide of Mobile Radars for Malaysia and Indonesia
June 15, 2020by admin

The U.S. Government will provide three Lockheed Martin long-range mobile radars to Malaysia and Indonesia, as revealed by a notice of contract action dated 9 June on the US government’s System for Award Management website. This effort is to acquire up to three transportable solid-state long-range surveillance radars. These radars must be capable of simultaneously performing air surveillance and maritime surveillance missions in the South East Asia Theatre.

The objective is to provide secure interoperable C3I (Command Control Communications and Intelligence) and Sensor systems supporting U.S. Joint Air Operations to US Government FMS (Foreign Military Sales) customers. These solutions provide partner nations with secure mission capability, able to interoperate both within sovereign space, and provide connectivity and interoperability with U.S. military support forces. This period of performance will be 48 months (4 years).

Lockheed Martin Awarded $77 Million Contract to Provide of Mobile Radars for Malaysia and Indonesia

https://militaryleak.com/2020/06/15...-of-mobile-radars-for-malaysia-and-indonesia/

June 15, 2020by admin

The U.S. Government will provide three Lockheed Martin long-range mobile radars to Malaysia and Indonesia, as revealed by a notice of contract action dated 9 June on the US government’s System for Award Management website. This effort is to acquire up to three transportable solid-state long-range surveillance radars. These radars must be capable of simultaneously performing air surveillance and maritime surveillance missions in the South East Asia Theatre.

The objective is to provide secure interoperable C3I (Command Control Communications and Intelligence) and Sensor systems supporting U.S. Joint Air Operations to US Government FMS (Foreign Military Sales) customers. These solutions provide partner nations with secure mission capability, able to interoperate both within sovereign space, and provide connectivity and interoperability with U.S. military support forces. This period of performance will be 48 months (4 years).

https://militaryleak.com/2020/06/15...-of-mobile-radars-for-malaysia-and-indonesia/
if we were gonna receive these radars, does it means that we're gonna have to share the information of surveillance that provided by these radars with US ?
our government is okay with that ?

Last edited:
if we were gonna receive these radars, does it means that we're gonna have to share the information of surveillance that provided by these radars with US ?
our government is okay with that ?

Since we are signing cismoa we are very very okay with that

Not to mention Indonesia intend to bought F 35

AFAIK, it's CAPTAS 2/UMS 4229 (based on Wikipedia cmiiw)
there should be a cutout in the back of the ship just below helicopter deck for CAPTAS deployment like this
POLA.png

ARM-Reformador-6.jpg

but it's non existant on our martadinata
59295759_2182232255195601_6874105392155066368_o.jpg

i guess our PKR would stay with bow mounted sonar + as565 panther HELRAS dipped sonar combination instead .

If it's overlapped, why buy Su35 then?

Overlapped here meaning with the same task/purpose carried by the fighters we have 2 completely different aircraft. SU35 share the same weapon arsenals and some parts with SU that we have, its like having F16 52ID and F16 Vipers. It also shares the same russian weapon arsenals. The designated deployment of those Sukhoi is already planned. I have posted long ago on why we put them in makassar and Iswahjudi (range for air interception, naval support range, patrol etc). Having 2 base with 2 different fighters and weapons will create logistic nightmare that can make fleet readyness suffer (fighter maintenance rotation etc).

What about the helicopter for the heavy frigate? Buy new heli or use unit from ska 100.
If we buy new heli, Panther (for commonality)? or something from the medium weight class?

How many unit for each ship?

SU35 share the same weapon arsenals and some parts with SU that we have
Not the engine tho, which is a very important part of a jet fighter.

there should be a cutout in the back of the ship just below helicopter deck for CAPTAS deployment like this
POLA.png

ARM-Reformador-6.jpg

but it's non existant on our martadinata
59295759_2182232255195601_6874105392155066368_o.jpg

i guess our PKR would stay with bow mounted sonar + as565 panther HELRAS dipped sonar combination instead .
No hull mounted sonar, they need to deploy their vds every time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom