What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

the political General as always, need sum money for his campaign later, and oh yeah did anyone know any known trouble/problems of the m109 and m113 for the Army, kinda curious what happened why the Cavs reject the m113 and m109 are not kinda active, is it inaccurate like kh-179 problems or any?

and oh yeah, here's some today's joke feel free to laugh
View attachment 627623
dapat nya standart basic dan m109 ga lebih baik dr amx gs kecuali dr kaliber
The way I see it until Indonesia has reached a level of economic stability that are not concentrated on Java, secessionist movements would continue to form. They can be formed out of natural resentment at the central government or state-sponsored from abroad.

I agree, but again I don't see the situation would only be contained to Papua. Keep in mind that certain people aren't happy that the economic development of the country is contained within the bigger islands. What's there to stop a state actor from profiting from the resentment by financing or arming these groups? We already saw a bunch of Type 56's and Type 81's in the hands of the OPM, it would naive to think that this wouldn't happen anywhere else in the Republic. I agree we need more UAV's and helicopters, but we shouldn't discount having COIN planes when our country is very susceptible to Balkanization given the right amount of support.
opm yang jelas ada yg pelihara dan yg pelihara itu tetangga sebelah yang make kacung orang sini sendiri yang mementingkan kepentingan pribadi.ini lagi rms mulai caper...

If you mean to say Australia, then no. The cons from a West Papuan separation heavily outweigh the benefits.

Got this picture from Molay facebook page

From so many color available our army keep choosing the black ones, meanwhile the police is more tactical in their choice

View attachment 627709 View attachment 627710 View attachment 627711 View attachment 627712 View attachment 627713 View attachment 627714 View attachment 627717
Mostly The Army, ugghh kinda wanna know what they're thinking about black equipment rather than "colored" ones

The contract stipulated that they were to be fixed and refurbished before delivery, but when they arrived they were all literally in such terrible condition that the Cavalry literally put their foot down and complained. However as it was Gatot's work, there wasn't much they could say nor could they complain to the agent (PT. Indocertes). In the end they just gave them to the Infantry.

Link related, if you see the woman dressed in the cringe tactical gear, that's Indocertes's CEO.

Gotcha On that, Thanks

dapat nya standart basic dan m109 ga lebih baik dr amx gs kecuali dr kaliber
I Guess that wasn't the case on the m109, must be another. not being biased but the A4BE wasn't that bad, and considering the technology are better than the amx mk61

For COIN ops, especially in papua mountains and jungles, Super Tucano actually doesn't hold the candle. Bad weather, unforgiving terrain, thick folliage of jungle canopy is not suited for Tucano deployment not to mention the lightly armed of Tucano (with .50 cal ) doesn't mean much to spray from higher the enemies hiding among thick woods, unless you want to unleash bombs or rockets . My friend told me, unless you are seasoned veteran of pilot penerbangan perintis in Papua, with high intuition, you are not much welcomed there. Helicopter is the best thing to do the fight there, accompanied by UAV.

I still think the Super Tucano is needed at least for a few years to come as long as it has guided munitions like GBU's and Paveway. It's probably the cheapest platform for COIN ops and could probably loiter longer and get to places a bit faster than the Army helos. But yea nothing beats the Bell-412 armed with M134 Miniguns

Ya, i heard the price has been marked up so bad that one hawk is equivalent with one F18 price.
Not that I know of, in fact, Habibie was in negotiations with BAE to locally produce the fighters here. IIRC the deal was for 100+ jets, 40 would be built by BAE in England with the remainder to be assembled and then later on fully manufactured at the PTDI facility in Bandung.

I still think the Super Tucano is needed at least for a few years to come as long as it has guided munitions like GBU's and Paveway. It's probably the cheapest platform for COIN ops and could probably loiter longer and get to places a bit faster than the Army helos. But yea nothing beats the Bell-412 armed with M134 Miniguns
I forgot to mention the Air Force does/did? plan on using JDAMs and FFARs on the Tucanos.

Not that I know of, in fact, Habibie was in negotiations with BAE to locally produce the fighters here. IIRC the deal was for 100+ jets, 40 would be built by BAE in England with the remainder to be assembled and then later on fully manufactured at the PTDI facility in Bandung.

I forgot to mention the Air Force does/did? plan on using JDAMs and FFARs on the Tucanos.

They did, they even made certification effort for using locally made rocket pod on Tucano. And thinking about utilize JDAM after the squadron getting them on hand as JDAM will be distributed first among F 16 squadrons then T/A50.

Well thought I don't like too much Tucano but ours is had one of the most complete package, using Star safire III FLIR, double seat version for training purposes, capable to use Aim 9 sidewinder we already had and so on.

The way I see it until Indonesia has reached a level of economic stability that are not concentrated on Java, secessionist movements would continue to form. They can be formed out of natural resentment at the central government or state-sponsored from abroad.

I agree, but again I don't see the situation would only be contained to Papua. Keep in mind that certain people aren't happy that the economic development of the country is contained within the bigger islands. What's there to stop a state actor from profiting from the resentment by financing or arming these groups? We already saw a bunch of Type 56's and Type 81's in the hands of the OPM, it would naive to think that this wouldn't happen anywhere else in the Republic. I agree we need more UAV's and helicopters, but we shouldn't discount having COIN planes when our country is very susceptible to Balkanization given the right amount of support.

Indeed, I second @Chestnut on this. One of the reasons Indonesia has managed to stay together is, ironically, due to the acute awareness our past and current leaders have of its fragility. Furthermore, one of the reasons why there have been relatively few state & non-state actors who would even think of financing anti-Indonesian secessionists is due to the American-centric global order.

If we ever get into a situation where the world becomes multi-polar, the appeal of financing rebels to destabilize Indonesia would increase for multiple parties.

And lets face it:
1) That American World Order is falling apart, both from domestic polarization, external challengers, and internal disagreements with traditional allies, namely europe.

2) Java-cenric is here to stay. The current gov might alleviate it somewhat, but economy inertia is a b**ch

One other point of instability we need to be aware of is Timor Leste, they get 85% of state revenue from oil proceeds, and overall 48% of their economy is directly dependent on the petroleum sector. They were already having political instability before this, the gov and their parliament being unable to agree on the 2020 budget.

Right now, they are in deep, deep trouble.

Unlike Indonesia, who has been given a 60 Billion USD Repurchase Agreement Facility for all the US Treasury Bills we hold (Thanks for the info @Indos ), Timor Leste's emergency lifeline is dependent on Australia and AID Programs adminsitered by the EU, UNDP, and UNICEF, among others.

Needless to say, with current conditions, there has been slashing of AID budgets everywhere. 2020 is going to be a very hard year for Timor Leste, and 2021 will be too, if current oil price slump lasts until then. We should be cautious.

Wonder .. Why Singapore is still controlling all of your FIR Area over Riau island and Natuna Sea ?

94397303_2603148733283510_6282357940712112128_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can we have a law about 'public can have access to classified documents' bla bla or maybe we already have it? , decades old archives only of course, need more info (internal memos, transcript or other documents) about what happened within the government and country in the past. I understand that it could be like opening Pandora's box, but kinda wanna learn history too

Also kinda waiting some books to be published, from Australia (about Timor (operasi seroja and Timor crisis), but it seems there is some delays because so much revision, you know 'need government approval' I guess only the watered down version that will be given acc, so much things to consider after all) the other one is about Netherlands and Dutch East Indies ( there will be delay too, pelurusan sejarah ema ga mudah).

Right now, they are in deep, deep trouble
I hope they can deal with it somehow.

Wonder .. Why Singapore is still controlling all of your FIR Area over Riau island and Natuna Sea ?

94397303_2603148733283510_6282357940712112128_n.jpg

Because Singapore has the busiest, largest and most capable airport in that region and is also the one that has the most flights operating in and out of it? Flight Information Region has little to do with sovereignty, it's really just a specified region that receives the same flight information (weather, flight hazards, etc) and this is mostly relevant for civilian flights.

I don't get why people are so riled up about the Singapore FIR thing and treat it like its a sovereignty issue when its not, theres not really much justification for us to take over the Singapore FIR when our airports in the region aren't as large, capable or as busy as Singapore's Changi. For example just look at the size of the Jakarta FIR that encompasses the whole of Sumatra, I mean why isn't named it named Medan FIR? and why doesn't Timor Leste have their own FIR named 'Dili FIR' and are under Makassar FIR instead?

Last edited:
Can we have a law about 'public can have access to classified documents' bla bla or maybe we already have it? , decades old archives only of course, need more info (internal memos, transcript or other documents) about what happened within the government and country in the past. I understand that it could be like opening Pandora's box, but kinda wanna learn history too

Also kinda waiting some books to be published, from Australia (about Timor (operasi seroja and Timor crisis), but it seems there is some delays because so much revision, you know 'need government approval' I guess only the watered down version that will be given acc, so much things to consider after all) the other one is about Netherlands and Dutch East Indies ( there will be delay too, pelurusan sejarah ema ga mudah).

I hope they can deal with it somehow.

The last thing we expect is bunch of refugees on our land borders. If that's ever happened better to build fortifications and solid wall on the sides of our border.

Because Singapore has the busiest, largest and most capable airport in that region and is also the one that has the most flights operating in and out of it? Flight Information Region has little to do with sovereignty, it's really just a specified region that receives the same flight information and this is mostly relevant for civilian flights.

I don't get why people are so riled up about the Singapore FIR thing and treat it like its a sovereignty issue when its not, theres not really much justification for us to take over the Singapore FIR when our airports in the region aren't as large, capable or as busy as Singapore's Changi. For example just look at the size of the Jakarta FIR that encompasses the whole of Sumatra, I mean why isn't named it named Medan FIR? and why doesn't Timor Leste have their own FIR named 'Dili FIR' and are under Makassar FIR instead?
People are riled up because they don't understand.

Because Singapore has the busiest, largest and most capable airport in that region and is also the one that has the most flights operating in and out of it? Flight Information Region has little to do with sovereignty, it's really just a specified region that receives the same flight information and this is mostly relevant for civilian flights.

he's just trolling, this umno guy are famous as attention whore

Back
Top Bottom