What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I wonder what is the role of US Army delegation (including two-star general) seen in 18:00 (also surprised our army included it in the video)

Invited as an observer or advisor? Is there any delegation from other countries?

I wonder what is the role of US Army delegation (including two-star general) seen in 18:00 (also surprised our army included it in the video)

Invited as an observer or advisor? Is there any delegation from other countries?
Could be as an observer? IIRC this particular latancab, where the army was trialling the BMS within its BTC, was held few days before Garuda Shield 19.

eMLU & Falcon Star programme to our F-16s
FB_IMG_15881476295324158.jpg
FB_IMG_15881476363398122.jpg
FB_IMG_15881476401074769.jpg
FB_IMG_15881476438207063.jpg
FB_IMG_15881476528635965.jpg
FB_IMG_15881476559597664.jpg
FB_IMG_15881476658292465.jpg
FB_IMG_15881476809089198.jpg

Donation from South Korean KAI & DSME to Ministry of Defence Affairs, Republic of Indonesia
FB_IMG_15881481284280018.jpg
FB_IMG_15881481320952322.jpg

It's an observer, we send people to their exercises as well.

Two star , a star, Colonel and major as an Observer ? As far i know they are part of military combat field instructor dispatched to ensure joint interoperability between two forces...

Two star can command a division sized combatant units...

Tell that to vet from Aceh, Poso and Papua. Most fatalities cases happened because they are being ambushed while not using plate carrier or got bleeding wounds and field medic cant stop that. Some got headshot while knocking passanger cars during roads inspection though inside of the car is terrorist. Thats why almost all sentries in Papua keep wearing vest although doing long range patrol in swamps or building roads.
lebih banyak dari rekan infantri regular faktor ndak kebiasaan trus seperti kata chesnut itu trus di tambah kurang nya knowlage itu tadi but i asume they have learn their leason

there's no such thing as 'FIR protocol' as far as i know, flight information services only give out automated info/announcement relating to the weather, possible hazards to mostly civil aircraft like airliners flying in that FIR region, theres not really much protocol or procedure needed to be done when flying within a specific FIR other than flying accordingly as to whats been announced through the flight information services and it just so happens Singapore is given the task of giving out that information since they are the most capable and they have the most at stake since Changi is the busiest airport in that area. Even Indonesian military aircraft flying within Singapore FIR can receive flight information services from Singapore if they want to, in fact if there was an Indonesian air exercise in that area, the flight information services might even have to notify it to other aircraft flying in the area for safety reasons. I don't think we have reasons to take over Singapore FIR unless Batam becomes a bigger and busier hub than Singapore which is unlikely.

This is a "Good" news for Singapore that there are still many "hard liners" supporters from Indonesia to maintain a "status quo"... or May be I forget that money can still buy everything in Ixxxxxxxx ......... :cheers:

Besides economic considerations, takeover Singapore FIR is also strongly related to the issue of air sovereignty. Although in ICAO Annex 11 declared FIR not related air sovereignty, but TNI AU and government have another opinion. They said Singapore controlled regime in Riau airspace makes Indonesia trouble. Especially for air force when they do operation or training. TNI AU official said, their pilot must send permission to Changi ATC before starting the engine. Which is also an important issue, the establishment of the danger area by Singapore with the reasons for the interests of the Singapore naval breach violates international law, because some of its territories are the territory of Indonesia. Also, if the Singapore Navy exercises, other aircraft will be diverted due to actual fire gun arm reasons, so the plane has to spin, and this is inefficient. Fourth, the continuous use of the Singapore Military Training Area (MTA) of Singapore is an intent. It is a violation of Indonesia’s sovereign territory.

AirNav Indonesia as navigation operator also shows readiness to take over Singapore FIR next year. Since 2015 they do modernize navigation technology in several points, especially in Riau airspace. Until February 2018 AirNav has deployed navigation equipment in 12 representatives around Riau. Not only that, but the readiness of ATC professionals also has reached more than 90% at all points to be taken over. They believe if the takeover is doing today, they have ready. Communication with CAAS also has done since several years ago. Earlier this year the two sides also met to ensure the takeover plan went well. Even ATC Indonesia is currently doing shadow operation with Singapore. Not only in the region, modernization for improved navigation performance is also done in Jakarta Air Traffic Service Center (JATSC).

https://www.airmagz.com/23593/singapore-fir-takeover-plan-avoid-the-1995-experience.html

Last edited:
What do you think I mean when I say he's an observer? By observer, he observes our military's field exercises and assess our capabilities.

I don't mean as a literal artillery observer.

military creative fest komodo design winner , the 1st have that facelift tho
95374968_1594573320693960_6288001931465981952_o.jpg

lebih banyak dari rekan infantri regular faktor ndak kebiasaan trus seperti kata chesnut itu trus di tambah kurang nya knowlage itu tadi but i asume they have learn their leason
Back then when the SAKTI vest was first introduced to KOSTRAD and made public, one of the comments from my colleague in the service was "Percuma kalau di perkenalkan di setingkat ini, kalau di secaba nggak pernah di kenalin"

Back
Top Bottom