What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Two star , a star, Colonel and major as an Observer ? As far i know they are part of military combat field instructor dispatched to ensure joint interoperability between two forces...

Two star can command a division sized combatant units...

What do you think I mean when I say he's an observer? By observer, he observes our military's field exercises and assess our capabilities.

I don't mean as a literal artillery observer.

That two-star general is Maj. Gen. John P. "Pete" Johnson, Deputy Commanding General U.S. Army Pacific. He's been around for some times.

lebih banyak dari rekan infantri regular faktor ndak kebiasaan trus seperti kata chesnut itu trus di tambah kurang nya knowlage itu tadi but i asume they have learn their leason
They did, at least in Papua in which most of TNI casualties (since late 2018) being shot in the area which is not covered by bulletproof vest (hips, thigh/legs, lower abdomen, etc)

Last edited:
That two-star general is Maj. Gen. John P. "Pete" Johnson, Deputy Commanding General U.S. Army Pacific. He's been around for some times.

They did, at least in Papua in which most of TNI casualties (since late 2018) being shot in the area which is not covered by bulletproof vest (hips, thigh/legs, lower abdomen, etc)

And face....

Back then when the SAKTI vest was first introduced to KOSTRAD and made public, one of the comments from my colleague in the service was "Percuma kalau di perkenalkan di setingkat ini, kalau di secaba nggak pernah di kenalin"
jangan kan secaba mas secata ajah udh mulai kok di kenalin doper skr ada yang pake vest kok

And face....

You dont say

Talking about bulletproof vests, I believe our locals textile and garment industries are more than capable to mass-produce SAKTI or other types of vest but what about the steel/ceramic plates inside? Have we already manufactured it locally?

You dont say

Talking about bulletproof vests, I believe our locals textile and garment industries are more than capable to mass-produce SAKTI or other types of vest but what about the steel/ceramic plates inside? Have we already manufactured it locally?
even our small and medium local industry like molay satria indonesia are capable producing armor plate for TNI and POLRI with NATO standard.

Need more than just a civilian vehicles, because when ambushed it offers no protection.

Pernah liat di imageboard ada yang nggoreng isu, terus post image anggota tni yang tewas tertembak, karena pake mobil biasa.

Last edited:
Need more than a civilian vehicle, because when ambushed it offers no protection.

Pernah liat di imageboard ada yang nggoreng isu, terus post image anggota tni yang tewas tertembak, karena pake mobil biasa.
i agree with you, we need more armed APC with bigger troop capacity than anoa to be fielded especially in papua to reduce casualty because TNI still use civilian SUV like Toyota Hilux or ford ranger

Need more than a civilian vehicle, because when ambushed it offers no protection.

It depends on where the firefight usually happened. If it mostly happened when our troops conducting foot patrol in the middle of the jungle then the armored vehicles will make no difference.

In the latest skirmish in the Freeport area, our security forces deployed Anoa and Humvee

The thing is the armor is troublesome too, because its heavy and the vehicles needed in Papua should have high power to weight ratio, full armored ATAV would be good but it will consume lots of fuel and it have small rooms for logistics etc. 4x4 pickup / suv have all but protection.
Well, the best would be upgrade those commercial vehicles.

Nah, ambush when they visit villages, delivering logistics etc, the least they expect to be ambushed.

we need casspir like APC in papua, the OPM modus of operandi are shooting TNI/POLRI convoy from higher ground

You dont say

Balai Besar Keramik Bandung, Departemen Perindustrian, can make bullet proof ceramic plates for military use. Even it is lighter than imported products. It is goverment institution for Keramik research. You can just search internet to get PDF file of that institution report. But there is no report that I can find saying that mass production has been conducted for the product. As we now our Armed Force like to import equipment from abroad that can give them some kick back.

Balai Besar Keramik Bandung, Departemen Perindustrian, can make bullet proof ceramic plates for military use. Even it is lighter than imported products. It is goverment institution for Keramik research. You can just search internet to get PDF file of that institution report. But there is no report that I can find saying that mass production has been conducted for the product. As we now our Armed Force like to import equipment from abroad that can give them some kick back.
so far that i know, POLRI use domestic plate armor made by private local company, dunno with TNI, but i think it's the same

Back
Top Bottom