What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

now, marines show time

BTR-4M

43778967_1998523340246056_3323321237695828696_n.jpg

56919345_2145052802465648_5463700975102810548_n.jpg

Looks like the Ukraine welding quality is not good enough

Should we upgrade these boys? especially regarding the VLS and the sensors?

Of course, Indomiliter has already discussed this issue:

https://www.indomiliter.com/masuk-u...rvet-bung-tomo-class-lakukan-modernisasi-cms/

If I'm not mistaken, Bung Tomo-Class is our first ship that was originally designed with VLS. Since their early arrival in Indonesia (2014), there's already some discussion that the VLS will be upgraded with VL-Mica but I think the budget will be used first for PKR's VLS since recently PKR has been installed with ECM and Millennium gun

fe1dcdf9b12b25006c3e6a927c12057b.jpg

Something like this?
If I think about it I never seen our marder fire anything, and no 7.62 coax until now..
So is this program still going on and 105 got scrap?
Or both got scrap?
More or less lime that except instead of a Rheinmetall turret it was supposed to use a Nexter turret.

And yeah, Andika cancelled the 105mm Marder.

Actually now that I look at it, where did you find that picture? Looking at it twice that's an EOS Adder turret not a Rheinmetall one. That's one of the turrets I pitched to my old boss as an alternative.

Looks like the Ukraine welding quality is not good enough

In other news, water is wet.

If I'm not mistaken, Bung Tomo-Class is our first ship that was originally designed with VLS. Since their early arrival in Indonesia (2014), there's already some discussion that the VLS will be upgraded with VL-Mica but I think the budget will be used first for PKR's VLS since recently PKR has been installed with ECM and Millennium gun
**cough..cough....Sea Ceptor...cough...cough**

Btw i stumbled upon this :
Rheinmetall-Mission-Master-UGV-1024x681.jpg

p1732914_main.jpg

1710551_-_main.jpg

D2BeeERX0AAmDYA.jpg

w-MM-P-und-MM-R-Konvoi-Overberg_Heiming.jpg

Rheinmetall's Mission Maker UGV. Looks neat, and i can see many ways of it being utilized, definitely on my wishlist, and it will be a plus point if it's amphibious, could really help in crossing small rivers and swamps. IF TNI is that forward-looking and ambitious enough to really consider integrating these into the troops, it would be hilarious to see OPM's reaction looking at one of these along with MALE drones in Papua.

View attachment 558968 Source: Twitter @Jatosint
Can't help to nitpick, there's some error on that graphics I can't help but notices.

• The one with the mark Kelvin Hughes Type 1007 radar should be for Thales Scout radar (The kelvin Hughes one should be on the opposite side of the scout radar).
  • The triple-torpedo launcher should be B515/ILAS-3 instead of Mk-46? *edit: it is Mk-32* (Mk-46 should be the name of the torpedo, not the launcher. I think the author mistaken the name of the launcher with the name of torpedoes, it should be Mk-32 Triple torpedo tubes. Also, Bung Tomo-class should be using A244/S mod.3 torpedo IINM like the others).
  • The secondary gun should be MSI DS-30B 30mm (DS-30B = Using Oerlikon KCB cannon 600rpm).
  • The decoy launcher should be from Wallop Defence (now LACROIX I think?), Super Barricade 12-barrelled decoy launchers.
  • The two radome beside the main mast should be Thales Scorpion ECM (with Thales Cutlass 242 ESM right above it).
  • The radome on the back (behind the rear FCR) should be replaced with SATCOM antenna from SAILOR, Chobam mounted on/behind the rear mast.

Last edited:
Btw i stumbled upon this :
Rheinmetall-Mission-Master-UGV-1024x681.jpg

p1732914_main.jpg

1710551_-_main.jpg

D2BeeERX0AAmDYA.jpg

w-MM-P-und-MM-R-Konvoi-Overberg_Heiming.jpg

Rheinmetall's Mission Maker UGV. Looks neat, and i can see many ways of it being utilized, definitely on my wishlist, and it will be a plus point if it's amphibious, could really help in crossing small rivers and swamps. IF TNI is that forward-looking and ambitious enough to really consider integrating these into the troops, it would be hilarious to see OPM's reaction looking at one of these along with MALE drones in Papua.

The one's we pitched were from an American company, a lot cheaper and generally more tested than what Rheinmetall has to offer. The name escapes me however.

More or less lime that except instead of a Rheinmetall turret it was supposed to use a Nexter turret.

And yeah, Andika cancelled the 105mm Marder.

Actually now that I look at it, where did you find that picture? Looking at it twice that's an EOS Adder turret not a Rheinmetall one. That's one of the turrets I pitched to my old boss as an alternative.

I don't know, I just found it by simple Google images search "ct 40 turret marder".

From your post I can tell that you are "orang dalam" in army procurement program, just want to ask a bit, Any change optical sight become standardized in our arm forces?

I knew Kostrad already bought lot of them (acog) when SBY and his son still in power, but I rarely seen them use it on exercise lately

Can't help to nitpick, there's some error on that graphics I can't help but notices.

• The one with the mark Kelvin Hughes Type 1007 radar should be for Thales Scout radar (The kelvin Hughes one should be on the opposite side of the scout radar).
  • The triple-torpedo launcher should be B515/ILAS-3 instead of Mk-46? (Mk-46 should be the name of the torpedo, not the launcher. I think the author mistaken the name of the launcher with the name of torpedoes, it should be Mk-32 Triple torpedo tubes. Also, Bung Tomo-class should be using A244/S mod.3 torpedo IINM like the others).
  • The secondary gun should be MSI DS-30B 30mm (DS-30B = Using Oerlikon KCB cannon 600rpm).
  • The decoy launcher should be from Wallop Defence (now LACROIX I think?), Super Barricade 12-barrelled decoy launchers.
  • The two radome beside the main mast should be Thales Scorpion ECM (with Thales Cutlass 242 right above it).
  • The radome on the back (behind the rear FCR) should be replaced with SATCOM antenna from SAILOR, Chobam mounted on/behind the rear mast.
I just realized something....
Green square: Thales Scout
Red square: Kelvin Hughes Type 1007

qd.jpg
ind_358.jpg
Capture.PNG

In the first two images, the Kelvin Hughes Type 1007 is missing....is it installed after we received the ship, or is it just some radar that can be dismantled easily?

I just realized something....
Green square: Thales Scout
Red square: Kelvin Hughes Type 1007

View attachment 558990 View attachment 558991 View attachment 558992

In the first two images, the Kelvin Hughes Type 1007 is missing....is it installed after we received the ship, or is it just some radar that can be dismantled easily?
Probably it's a post-acquisition addition, we've done the same with REM and GNR with various sensors, so it probably also be the case with TOM-class. (btw the second photo looks infinitely cooler than the usual shots of TOM, looks like a brand new European Frigate).

Probably it's a post-acquisition addition, we've done the same with REM and GNR with various sensors, so it probably also be the case with TOM. (btw the second photo looks infinitely cooler than the usual shots of TOM, looks like a brand new European Frigate).

They indeed brand-new old stock in warehouse

• The triple-torpedo launcher should be B515/ILAS-3 instead of Mk-46? (Mk-46 should be the name of the torpedo, not the launcher. I think the author mistaken the name of the launcher with the name of torpedoes, it should be Mk-32 Triple torpedo tubes. Also, Bung Tomo-class should be using A244/S mod.3 torpedo IINM like the others).
  • The two radome beside the main mast should be Thales Scorpion ECM (with Thales Cutlass 242 right above it).

I think the Torpedo tubes are Mk-32 but yes, the tropedo is A244/s. So perhaps Mk.32 can also fired A244/S?
tube.PNG
tube2.PNG

Back
Top Bottom