What's new

Indira Gandhi helped train Tamil rebels, and reaped whirlwind

You guys saw an "opportunity" in Tibet as well, in 1959.

Better luck next time though.

prove it or it didn't happen.

Even if it did , most indians today weren't even born then so be sensible enough not to remind us .

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Try your best shot, one nuke on India and your nation will no longer be there in the wold map

Don't need to say it , they know it already . They just like to get under your skin coz they can't do any better .

prove it or it didn't happen.

LOL it is a historical fact, your own country does not deny it. In 1959, India hosted our largest separatist group, immediately after they failed to violently overthrow the government.

Then, according to the Dalai Lama himself, the Tibetan government in exile trained anti-Chinese militants and guerrilla fighters, while being hosted by the Indian government.

Dalai Lama Group Says It Got Money From C.I.A. - NYTimes.com

The Dalai Lama's administration acknowledged today that it received $1.7 million a year in the 1960's from the Central Intelligence Agency, but denied reports that the Tibetan leader benefited personally from an annual subsidy of $180,000.

The money allocated for the resistance movement was spent on training volunteers and paying for guerrilla operations against the Chinese, the Tibetan government-in-exile said in a statement. It added that the subsidy earmarked for the Dalai Lama was spent on setting up offices in Geneva and New York and on international lobbying.

It was a good try. But like LTTE, it ultimately failed.

And you earned yourself a big enemy in the process.

My friend, you can say that you have to crub the people of Tamil Nadu who support LTTE, but the fact remains LTTE was formed due to the violance brought to their homes by Singalese. There are still supporters of LTTE in Tamil Nadu the reason being we are not asking for independance of Tamil Nadu from India we are asking for my brothers and sisters right to live as equals with Singhales in Sri Lanka.
Indra Gandhi was the last PM of India who saw that Sri Lanka being a small Independent state in the neighbourhood should depend on India for every thing else any Western or future super power might get a strong hold in Sri Lanka which will cause security and economic concerns for India.

And some said Rajiv Gandi as beloved, for those guys who think him of his being beloved, do you guys know what is his experiance in politics when he took over office as PM India, its a big zero. Never in India's history after Independance have we put our army in a forign soil until Rahiv Gandhi. This new and non experianced PM at that time sent in Indian Army as peace keeping force to Sri Lanka, instead of keeping the peace the Indian Army joined with the Sri Lankan Army and fought a bloody war against LTTE, that is the reason for his assasination. Rajiv Gandhi was never a good leader. He came to power because SithaRam Kesari the then leader of Congress saw that with out Gandhi family congress would perish.

Agreed. The SL Tamils were opressed, but it was SL's internal matter and it stood us do no good to interfere. Not only did it fan a pan-Tamil nationalism in the south it also bled us a 1000 soldiers and a would be PM, not to say the distrust of the Lankans that we earned. BD was justified because Pakistan was a hostile country and had used similar tactics against us in 48 and 65. But it was a gross folly to help the SL Tamils.

And I am not a fan of Rajiv Gandhi nor the Congress party.

LOL it is a historical fact, your own country does not deny it. In 1959, India hosted our largest separatist group, immediately after they failed to violently overthrow the government.

there is no comparison between LTTE and tibetian refugee issue. Tibetians were given asylum and not arms training while LTTE's armed struggle was supported at least in the initial phase by India.

there is no comparison between LTTE and tibetian refugee issue. Tibetians were given asylum and not arms training while LTTE's armed struggle was supported at least in the initial phase by India.

Read the rest of the post. The Dalai Lama himself admitted to the New York Times, that he trained anti-Chinese militants, while being hosted on Indian soil, by the Indian government.

Agreed. The SL Tamils were opressed, but it was SL's internal matter and it stood us do no good to interfere. Not only did it fan a pan-Tamil nationalism in the south it also bled us a 1000 soldiers and a would be PM, not to say the distrust of the Lankans that we earned. BD was justified because Pakistan was a hostile country and had used similar tactics against us in 48 and 65. But it was a gross folly to help the SL Tamils.

Indra Gandhi supported LTTE because SL was hostile and sided with Pak and China. It is not the other way round. Tamils were lending only moral and political support to the Lankan Tamils. Indra was the one who initiated arming and training them .

Read the rest of the post. The Dalai Lama himself admitted to the New York Times, that he trained anti-Chinese militants, while being hosted on Indian soil, by the Indian government.

how many Chinese have these anti Chinese militants killed till now?

Do you know that there is a place in Sri Lanka called "Tiricona Malai". This place would have become a US base under Nixon's regim. If not Indra Gandhi we would have to fear the US which is pro pakistan at that time. Under Indra Gandhi we never sent our army to their shores. It was Rajiv who took a stand against LTTE by sending in our troops to support the war on LTTE, if Rajiv had not done this mistake and acted the way his mother acted, we would have not come to a situation that we are aiding the Sri Lankan goverment to get our interest fulfilled, we would be ordering the Sri Lankan government o get our job done.

wow, quite insidious, right? try to do that, the chinese will teach you a good lesson.

I doubt that. If so, they should have taught your countrymen a lesson for arming and training Uighurs . (my post was to show how benign the tibetians were and India never tried to change it)

I doubt that. If so, they should have taught your countrymen a lesson for arming and training Uighurs . (my post was to show how benign the tibetians were and India never tried to change it)

because if the tibetions turn violent, your country will be victim too. see how much Himalayan land do you have.

Enough for the Chinese government to declare him a terrorist, in the eyes of the Chinese state.

China accuses Dalai Lama of being a terrorist - Times Online

Personally though, I would call them "separatists".

The Chinese government is much more harsh.

I agree. He is a separatist. But the Indian government did the right thing by granting asylum to the Tibetians who weren't free to practice their religion at that time. They are still living in peaceful enclaves throughout India.

In fact, it led directly to the 1962 Sino-Indian war.

Nehru's "forward policy", was only the short-term trigger. The underlying cause, was when India hosted our largest separatist group in 1959.

Think abt this. But the same 62 war created a hallmark in the minds of all Indians. That chinese are back stabbers. they cant be trusted. Even sfter next 2-300 years 90% of the Indians will say the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom