What's new

indigenous dream busted? both two j-20 prototypes installed AL-31?

malllawcha

New Recruit

Reaction score
27_77564_383e589534762d4.jpg

c21c2ffccd2b.jpg

27_171394_0b62bbf95a39b04.jpg

same blaze stabilizer ( the white circle inside), both have eleven radial slots. same as ...
27_77564_0b1d59b762c4b63.jpg

93fe2172ddf9.jpg

308b1089f930.jpg

http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/htm_data/27/1104/329064.html

Al-31 engines don't have stealthy jagged edges or IR-reduction tiles.

All major aircraft engines have the same type of blaze stabilizer. I personally saw this on the F-15, F-16, and F/A-18.

Come on boys , don't sound so hopeless - what if AL-31 is being used for tests , i am sure it doesn't mean WS-15 isn't ready or anything but it means that its just not mature enough to risk installing on a plane such as J-20.

If you can build this plane you sure can build a god damn engine too -

Come on boys , don't sound so hopeless - what if AL-31 is being used for tests , i am sure it doesn't mean WS-15 isn't ready or anything but it means that its just not mature enough to risk installing on a plane such as J-20.

If you can build this plane you sure can build a god damn engine too -

We would be if it was true. But this issue has been discussed to death already. The flying J 20 does not use AL 31s.

There are two prototypes built, distinguished by the color of the nozzle. One is silvery/white while the other one is black/dark grey. If I had to take a guess, I think AL-31F and WS-10G are both used.

@ mallawcha
thanks but i cant believe bcoz Chinese hv matured enough to make a135kn engine(if it were not so good in quality)
can you please translate what is written in last and 2nd last pics
or repost the pics with english ones

We would be if it was true. But this issue has been discussed to death already. The flying J 20 does not use AL 31s.

Thats your opinion.

Military professionals & experts on other forums disagree. Consensus, among experts, is AL-31F engines power the J-20 ATM.

i wont take foreign expert opinion serious, i hav seen so much foreign expert made up ridiculous claim and bs story about china military, as a chinese military fan, to know more about my country military, need insider inform and manufacturing knowledge to figure out the whole picture, like 1# post, translate a post from chinese forum. insider inform, manufacturing knowledge, i never see any foreign expert have them.

best example of foreign expert

the theme of those foreign expert opinion : china is incapable, steal things, steal russian's stuff, rely on russian, then his opinion is credible, he become a military expert.

i need cold hard facts, please, Mr. Expert.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two prototypes 2001, and there is no prototype 2002.

That's why you just see the reemerged old 2001 with the black nozzles engine again.

Back
Top Bottom