What's new

India's Track 3: Afghan-Iran rail link

Firstly, too long to be cost effective.
Secondly, Pakistan will remain in close proximity of Afghanistan and continue to influence its events due to geographical and cultrial realities.
Thirdly, This will cause Pakistan to move even close to GCC states and a realization of Pak-GCC security and trade pact becomes even more potential. Which will be enough offset to Pakistan for Indian presence in Iran.
Fourthly, Given the credibility of Iranian regime, it is highly unlikely that they will not change their words a 100 times and milk Indian dry before they are even able to touch this rail road.

Lot of Iranian and Afghan students study in Indian cities as well.

We have about 3 million Afghan refugees in Pakistan... We have a significant quota reserved for Afghan students in our universities here.

Its much much more than just a lot.

I have no problem with aid and help as long as it is not malafide.. You can read my earlier posts.

pak is also trying to constructed rail network between kabul and torkham, iran is doing the same thing. which is all good and positive.

India shares an excellent relation with Iran, If you go back in history and also the present India has stood for Iran in all forums and has backed them many times even against the US. Iran and India do lot of mutual trade as well.

India also saved Ancient and lost culture of Iran, the parsis of persians, when the whole world and their own people disowned them...

Firstly, too long to be cost effective.

That doesn't make sense, India works on economies of scale models, and it can turn this project around to make it highly profitable to both Afghanistan and Iran.

Secondly, Pakistan will remain in close proximity of Afghanistan and continue to influence its events due to geographical and cultrial realities.

Thats very true, and Pakistan influence has to be positive towards AF, If not then its a bilateral issue betw Pak and AF.

Thirdly, This will cause Pakistan to move even close to GCC states and a realization of Pak-GCC security and trade pact becomes even more potential. Which will be enough offset to Pakistan for Indian presence in Iran.

Thats Pakistan's look out, Doesn't concern AF's development.

Fourthly, Given the credibility of Iranian regime, it is highly unlikely that they will not change their words a 100 times and milk Indian dry before they are even able to touch this rail road.

We purchase billions of dollars worth crude from Iran, and they have never let us down, neither have we.

Hahahah... Usually I don't respond to trolls.... You should enhance your comprehension as of now you look to be too thicko.

phakoo dost. currently I am typing this on a $ 40 Indian tablet. Stoking 40 words per min. This is the best I can do for now. Domt worry about my comprehension.

dont mind, as you can see I am not shoo gud in kaamprehenshun :D

We have about 3 million Afghan refugees in Pakistan... We have a significant quota reserved for Afghan students in our universities here.

Its much much more than just a lot.

Glad to hear that.

pak is also trying to constructed rail network between kabul and torkham, iran is doing the same thing. which is all good and positive.

Answer me one-thing will Pakistan's efforts damage Iran's interests or Iran's efforts will damage Pakistan's interests? Obviously not.

Whereas Indian's effort may or will harm at least Pakistan's interests.... Thats only my point dear.

its just an investment done by indian government so that in return our indian compaines will get mining contracts

Seems like a lot of Indian Investment that is going to go awry in 2014 when Taliban come back to power. Nothing but WET DREAMS of Indians.

Afghanistan is the biggest loser in this game by the different countries. But i dont see a reason why Iran should side with Pakistan against India, I am sure Iran dont want to repeat the masacre of its diplomats once again.

It is not our obligation to see what is good for Afghanistan, it is our obligation to see what is good for Iran and Iran is already helping Afghanistan,so nothing to complain about.
India has welcomed and implemented the US engineered sanctions against Iran, they haven't paid their oil debts to us yet, they haven't supported Iran's right to civil nuclear program, they haven't done anything positive for Iran yet in the international arena even when they could. They simply aren't our ally. Of course historically they are a brotherly nation of Iran but I see no reason why Iran should risk its ties with its neighbor Pakistan over the Indian interests?

Answer me one-thing will Pakistan's efforts damage Iran's interests or Iran's efforts will damage Pakistan's interests? Obviously not.

Whereas Indian's effort may or will harm at least Pakistan's interests.... Thats only my point dear.

this is what your establishment told you..we need iran port for further access to car region.

We didn't seen a single reaction by India/Indians when we signed a MoU with Pakistan for development of a rail line from Torkham to Kabul by Pakistan, I don't know why some Pakistani fellows are always anti-India; some times such behavior is really not necessary.

Bcoz india doesnt border afghanistan n couldnt do anything abt it!

Now india using afghan soil to spread terrorism in our country even karzai admitted sheltering bla dogs! which kinda reaction do you expect?

As for Iran.. im seeing positivity in the brotherly relations... Joint aviation firm,banks in eachothers countries,more buisness,PAK-IRN-TKY train,IP multi billion dollar pipeline..Inshallah lot more to come... Plus we share history,culture n even similiar ethnic groups with eachother!N a stable frndly Pakistan and afghanistan are in their interest aswell!

Seems like a lot of Indian Investment that is going to go awry in 2014 when Taliban come back to power. Nothing but WET DREAMS of Indians.

that is why afghans have a problem with you guys. you see, you wish nothing but ill for us. india, the US etc might go or stay, but that rail network will serve the afghans no matter which monkey is in place.

phakoo dost. currently I am typing this on a $ 40 Indian tablet. Stoking 40 words per min. This is the best I can do for now. Domt worry about my comprehension.

dont mind, as you can see I am not shoo gud in kaamprehenshun :D

Personal attacks often comes into play when one gets short of standard argues...

It is not our obligation to see what is good for Afghanistan, it is our obligation to see what is good for Iran and Iran is already helping Afghanistan,so nothing to complain about.
India has welcomed the US engineered sanctions against Iran, they haven't paid their oil debts to us yet, they haven't supported Iran's right to civil nuclear program, they haven't done anything positive for Iran yet in the international arena. They simply aren't our ally. Of course historically they are a brotherly nation of Iran but I see no reason why Iran should risk its ties with its neighbor Pakistan over the Indian interests?

We are not Allies in the pure form of the word, But India has stood against sanctions on Iran and that too quite recently. Among powerful countries India is probably the only one if i am not mistaken which is considered as a friend of Iran. What oil debts are u talking about can you provide some proof, I am not aware of such.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Bcoz india doesnt border afghanistan n couldnt do anything abt it!

Now india using afghan soil to spread terrorism in our country even karzai admitted sheltering bla dogs! which kinda reaction do you expect?

This rail link is pure economics, u should be happy that Karzai said he will support Pakistan if the US or India attacks it.

Back
Top Bottom