What's new

India's sixth largest city 'runs out of water'

Another example of why the S India needs to break away. The central indian gov looks at stats from the north and says there is no water crisis. When the south suffers due to neglect.

I don't think the issue is democracy vs dictatorship. India needs to be broken up into a number of smaller countries that are more responsive to local needs.

Is there a seasonal lack of water in the areas you worked in or is the water there but there is no delivery system ( canals and pipes ) ??

Maybe tidal wave energy is impractical when scaling-up is needed. Just my guess.

But if there is sufficient sunshine then Solar Power Tower can be implemented. No pollution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_tower

Let me give preview of area I live, Shivamogga which is in Malenadu area and the district has the distinction of having few highest rainfall areas in India - Agumbe & Hosnagara. Shivamogga district can be divided into 2 zones, as one side you have wettest area and in other side it is beginning of dry lands toward Hyderabad (North) Karnataka.

We have plenty of water due to more than 7 dams & 'N' number of check dams but water scarcity is becoming normal and encroachment of land for the purpose of Farming & urbanization. I used to work for an NGO which was involved in participating rural development works, we use to collaborate with NABARD, CDB, Spice Board, Rubber Board for implementing good agricultural practices but peoples negligence towards Government policies forced me to leave that NGO and join a foundry.

We use to upgrade Village by implementing various Govt schemes with the help of GP and normally we use to work on its basic infrastructure like sanitation, drinking water, development of check dams and desilting ponds, night education & providing training in the areas of vermi-composting, rain-water harvesting, sericulture.

Presently main dams like Gajanur Tunga Dam & BRP's Bhadra Dams are been interlinked and excess water are taken to Hassan, Chitradurga & Davangere through canals.

This proves Tamil Nadu is treated like a step child in India, while north Indians are provided water where they pee, take bath, etc etc. No wonder why many South Indians are fighting for freedom from artificial British created entity.

You people are praised as having democratic governance.
Isnt that a joke?

I don't think Chinese way of Governance will work in India. We have more than one language and tradition. Peoples are divided on the basis of language, caste, area unlike China which was unified way long back.

Another example of why the S India needs to break away. The central indian gov looks at stats from the north and says there is no water crisis. When the south suffers due to neglect.

I don't think the issue is democracy vs dictatorship. India needs to be broken up into a number of smaller countries that are more responsive to local needs.

It is TN saying there is no water crisis and not the Centers, get your facts right.

This proves Tamil Nadu is treated like a step child in India, while north Indians are provided water where they pee, take bath, etc etc. No wonder why many South Indians are fighting for freedom from artificial British created entity.

Get your facts right before trolling

I don't think Chinese way of Governance will work in India. We have more than one language and tradition. Peoples are divided on the basis of language, caste, area unlike China which was unified way long back.

It is TN saying there is no water crisis and not the Centers, get your facts right.

Get your facts right before trolling
Nope. The new central water ministry head said their is no water crisis. Not trolling. Giving my assessment. GOI is neglecting S India.

I live here, same Chennai is flooded in 2015 and 2016. Local government is useless after late CM Jayalaitha

This is the worst thing about third world governments - they waste precious natural resources. Every year Monsoon rains wash the country away into the sea - nothing is stored.

That what a totalitarian government can do for the people living the the world second biggest desert where has basically no rainfall at all. Yes, wea are totalitarian country that village officials have to work at the site to make sure that they can get things done on time or before the deadline, otherwise they may be punished or demoted.

Xinjiang ensured safe drinking water for the poorest families living in the desert, safe drinking water projects covers every one and no one is left behind, now every family living in the desert has access to running water which is safe for drinking.
Before people living in the desert had to get water from some muddy puddles which always had dead animals in them, people developed many health problems by drinking that putrid water. Now every household is connected to the running water systems which provide safe clean drinking water, people now developed healthy habits of brushing teeth and take daily showers, the health standard in the desert region has been greatly improved.

图尔荪托乎提老人对家乡饮水味道的记忆,印证了新疆农村群众饮水质量的提升过程。据和田市农村供水饮水管理站副主任阿不都卡地尔·阿不都拉介绍,为了让群众告别缺水、喝涝坝水的历史,1995年和田地区农村组织打井提取地下水,但地下水含氟量、硬度、碱度等多项指标均超过饮用水标准,只解决了群众对用水量的需求。2017年起,当地开始实施农村饮水安全巩固提升工程,中央和地方仅在和田市阿克恰勒乡就投资1400多万元,建了自来水厂,采用15道工序处理苦咸水,截至目前,全乡5500多人喝上了放心安全的自来水。

这是天山南北越来越多贫困农牧村庄饮水质量安全得到保障的缩影。记者从新疆维吾尔自治区水利厅了解到,2012年-2018年底,新疆农村饮水安全巩固提升工程累计解决了300多万贫困人口的饮水安全问题。今明两年内,新疆还将建设运行120项饮水安全工程,帮助剩余36.1万贫困人口用上放心安全的饮用水,实现不漏一户、不落一人。

http://www.xinhuanet.com/local/2019-05/06/c_1124458334.htm
858af47fdb294e88b9040071da6445b2.jpeg

67f7b47ac06848f3a4f24b9f7d30f196.jpeg

2e6e798e-fcfb-4766-b5f9-c19abb412bee.jpg

21672.png

da38a90d036f48c9b2956c2d0d3f5677.jpeg

4902707_943862.jpg

Village officials have to work at the site to make sure that they can get things done on time or before the deadline, otherwise they may be punished or demoted.

showimage.php

showimage.php

16962_500x500.jpg

16963_500x500.jpg

448a5b51d9411530482f0a.jpg

448a5b51d9411530485e0b.jpg

wGf7hcA.jpg

448a5b51d9411530481509.jpg

While China progresses our people face doom, chasing the false shadows of democracy.

Nope. The new central water ministry head said their is no water crisis. Not trolling. Giving my assessment. GOI is neglecting S India.

TN Govt was wasted its money of freebies rather investing on priorities. You can't keep on blaming on Center when TN MPs were part of Central Govt for past 30 years.

Seven reasons why Chennai should have seen this water crisis coming
http://chennai.citizenmatters.in/chennai-water-crisis-causes-responsibility-solution-10629

This is the worst thing about third world governments - they waste precious natural resources. Every year Monsoon rains wash the country away into the sea - nothing is stored.

TN objected for desilting of river beds of Karnataka, Kerala and their priorities of developing more farm land by lifting water for irrigation rather than providing for basic needs and now they suffer and blame on others.

China today is very similar to the way in the history, those call China Communism don't know Chinese history.

the problem is what way will work in India?

TN Govt was wasted its money of freebies rather investing on priorities.

Lol freebies is nothing to with infra development. Tn is reception state no major river originates here. As Tn gov says water problem is not that bad. Only mylaporiens cry foils. You are adding your own agenda

Lol freebies is nothing to with infra development. Tn is reception state no major river originates here. As Tn gov says water problem is not that bad. Only mylaporiens cry foils. You are adding your own agenda

Yes, i have my own agenda i.e, i don't want Karnataka to release water from Cavery.

Back
Top Bottom