What's new

India's sixth largest city 'runs out of water'

Totalitarian governments are far better at implementing long term plans and solutions.
Democratic leaders all to often only think about short term policy for electoral gains.

Met an south Indian guy who just came back from India and he was saying the water shortage is at extremely dangerous level. But glad Modi has singed the Raphael contract to teach Pakistan a lesson, yet both water every and exit in human body is a huge problem.

those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

india is under wrath of ALLAH ALMIGHTY and will face destruction soon due to increase in their antiIslamic attitude during modi govt

Does that rule applies when it happens in Pakistan also ?

Beautiful democracy..

Thanks

That what a totalitarian government can do for the people living the the world second biggest desert where has basically no rainfall at all. Yes, wea are totalitarian country that village officials have to work at the site to make sure that they can get things done on time or before the deadline, otherwise they may be punished or demoted.

Xinjiang ensured safe drinking water for the poorest families living in the desert, safe drinking water projects covers every one and no one is left behind, now every family living in the desert has access to running water which is safe for drinking.
Before people living in the desert had to get water from some muddy puddles which always had dead animals in them, people developed many health problems by drinking that putrid water. Now every household is connected to the running water systems which provide safe clean drinking water, people now developed healthy habits of brushing teeth and take daily showers, the health standard in the desert region has been greatly improved.

This is the biggest difference between Democracy and others here you will have to hear everyone.

Basically it was problem created by TN Govt & People and not by others. TNs non cooperation with center and with all the bordering states created this water problem. TN never allows other states to desilting their dams or storage's due to that excess rain water flows away to TN without being utilized proper. Adding to that TN doesn't have a proper water mismanagement system to avert such situation. It should me understandable that they learned nothing from 2015 floods.

In 2015_16 it was flooded due to heavy rains and now ran out of water because of no rains so what government has got to do with it
Ever heard about water management? Rain water harvesting. we pay water tax to the government

I live here, same Chennai is flooded in 2015 and 2016. Local government is useless after late CM Jayalaitha

A sad situation as one could imagine how scarcity of this basic requirement affect the humans. Water is life for every living thing on earth. In India construction of dams falls under responsibility of state or central government?
Sir, I am not much familiar with Indian geography ... so what is the basic cause:
  1. Incompetent planning resulting in wastage of resources.
  2. Absence of dam.
  3. Controlling of water resources by some mafia groups to make money - In Pakistan they are known as 'tanker mafia'.

In India construction of dams falls under responsibility of state or central government?

State(State is more powerful then Central)

I am not much familiar with Indian geography ... so what is the basic cause:

Failure of weather pattern( cycle) or monsoon. and of-course water management. I have rain water harvesting in my house I have no problem now.
Like this I have it in my house.

64642380_1155603801313934_6102857676725682176_n.jpg

Absence of dam.
Construction of new dams not possible.

In Pakistan they are known as 'tanker mafia'.

Yes we have same issue

Failure of weather pattern( cycle) or monsoon. and of-course water management. I have rain water harvesting in my house I have no problem now.
Like this I have it in my house.

64642380_1155603801313934_6102857676725682176_n.jpg
Sir ... appreciate your brilliance and vision ... some of my relatives in areas hit by water scarcity specially in summer, I told them to adopt water harvesting, it will save you money and hardship but seems ignorant.

Yes we have same issue
So definitely water scarcity/mafia plundering, happens in summer time. So it seems more of a administrative issue of local government ... people should take care for themselves too. Like you planned for yourself.
There are low cost plan also to utilise 'tote tanks' for storage as per household needs for few days.

I told them to adopt water harvesting,
Water harvesting alone is a cosmetic measure, treating the symptom will not yield long time results. It took thousands of years for the ground water reservoirs and aquifers to get filled and only fifty years of rampant unchecked groundwater exploitation have depleted our reserves. From building mega infrastructures in our cities to growing high yielding cash crops, everything depends on groundwater use.

A cursory glance at these projects in my town reveals that the pumps continue to operate all day long, even when the flow of water isn't required and most of it goes to waste.

Groundwater, like mineral and non mineral resources should have been nationalized a long time back, and strict punitive measures implemented for its misuse by the affluent class.

Ever heard about water management? Rain water harvesting. we pay water tax to the government

India does not have a water management system, stop talking shit, you and all your disgusting countrymen just talk shit, Indians are liars, scum and cheats.

Water harvesting alone is a cosmetic measure, treating the symptom will not yield long time results. It took thousands of years for the ground water reservoirs and aquifers to get filled and only fifty years of rampant unchecked groundwater exploitation have depleted our reserves. From building mega infrastructures in our cities to growing high yielding cash crops, everything depends on groundwater use.

A cursory glance at these projects in my town reveals that the pumps continue to operate all day long, even when the flow of water isn't required and most of it goes to waste.

Groundwater, like mineral and non mineral resources should have been nationalized a long time back, and strict punitive measures implemented for its misuse by the affluent class.

We discussed here the steps which individuals could take to help themselves rather than looking for government help which will always be late.
Though, even if it is seems to be cosmetic, it is practical for a family and in the reach. Rather than wasting of natural source at least you are going to save a fraction of it consequently saving yourself and family from hardship of lining up for hours for a bucket of water. For harvesting you will not be waiting for government to mobilise resources but will help yourselves.
The long terms solutions are government's responsibility and individuals nor have capacity neither able to plan for it.

India does not have a water management system, stop talking shit, you and all your disgusting countrymen just talk shit, Indians are liars, scum and cheats.
India is a big country different needs, different weather pattern. we are doing water management for 1000s of years. we can handle it. this is temporary due to Mass urbanization.

http://tnenvis.nic.in/Database/TN-ENVIS_791.aspx

Water harvesting alone is a cosmetic measure
It is not, It is effective during droughts
http://www.groundwatertnpwd.org.in/artificial_recharge_to_groundwat.htm

Back
Top Bottom