What's new

India's sixth largest city 'runs out of water'

You better protect and keep Assam safe, these water starved yindoos are gonna rob water from ya.
If it were upto me, we would gladly give them some, after all we have more water than we require and most of it goes to waste down the Brahmaputra. Then there is the age old problem of seasonal floods.

Don't ride on false hopes. The treatment of southern from northerns is pretty much visible. Deep down your heart even you know about it but just won't accept yet.

Ya, instead of what I see and what I feel or what I absorb from the ground level, now I will have to believe lie of a fool who is sitting across 1000 kms and doesn't know what is South India is :-).

Ya, instead of what I see and what I feel or what I absorb from the ground level, now I will have to believe lie of a fool who is sitting across 1000 kms and doesn't know what is South India is :-).

Enjoy residing in a bubble. Won't be too late when someone burst it for ya.

Enjoy residing in a bubble. Won't be too late when someone burst it for ya.

I will like to live to real world unlike someones dreamworld. Its funny that you speak as though you have lived here. Just tell me isn't it true that Karachi people who contribute 40% to the economy doesn't want to live with Pakistan or Punjab state of Pakistan which contributes less than 10% to Economy gets more than 40% of revenue ?

Adakene doddoru helodu mannina makkaligintha, sule makkalige thale hidukuthana jyasthi antha.

Assam is not Chennai.
I will like to live to real world unlike someones dreamworld. Its funny that you speak as though you have lived here. Just tell me isn't it true that Karachi people who contribute 40% to the economy doesn't want to live with Pakistan or Punjab state of Pakistan which contributes less than 10% to Economy gets more than 40% of revenue ?

Adakene doddoru helodu mannina makkaligintha, sule makkalige thale hidukuthana jyasthi antha.
Wow...where do you get your stats? Lahore is practically as large as Karachi....and you think Punjab contributes to less 10% of the Pakistani economy? :omghaha::omghaha:

Spew your rubbish else where.

Assam is not Chennai.

Wow...where do you get your stats? Lahore is practically as large as Karachi....and you think Punjab contributes to less 10% of the Pakistani economy? :omghaha::omghaha:

Spew your rubbish else where.

This is my 11th year in this forum boy and I regularly read threads about injustice to Karachi and concentration of all fundings towards Punjab cities rather than from where it is collected.

It's nothing to laugh about,it's a serious problem that will sooner or later happen all across Pakistan as well.

This is my 11th year in this forum boy and I regularly read threads about injustice to Karachi and concentration of all fundings towards Punjab cities rather than from where it is collected.
Sounds like your describing the plight of South India. That's were all the IT money is but most of GOI's water infrastructure spending is in the north.

Fresh off the shelf, @CrazyZ

http://tns.thenews.com.pk/water-crisis-strikes/#.XQ71ardN0QY

Water crisis strikes again

May and June 2019 saw a rise in protests by Karachi citizens who demanded a decent water supply to their neighbourhoods. Roads were blocked in many localities including PIB Colony and Lyari where the residents braved the heat and raised voices for restoring proper water supply to their households.

Acute shortage at the bulk supply level, increase in water thefts and leakages, institutional challenges faced by the Karachi Water and Sewerage Board (KWSB), financial handicaps experienced by the water utility, exponential rise in the operations of water tankers (especially during peak summers), run down and aging piping network, lack of a comprehensive maintenance and network rehabilitation plan for older neighbourhoods, and the inability of the water utility to attend fresh water connection needs in suburbs and elsewhere are some core mentions.

About half of Karachi’s population resides in densly populated suburban settlements that include Orangi, Baldia, Qasba, Korangi and Landhi. Water supply situation at the retail level is one of the worst in these localities. People purchase expensive water through tankers after suppressing other essential priorities in spending. Thus the possibility of graduating out of the poverty spiral further diminishes.

Despite repeated identifications done by researchers and media reports, the water quality remains below the desired level. A sampling examination conducted to test water quality from different city locations revealed that 97 percent samples were unfit for drinking.

Water supply lines at the bulk and neighbourhood level must be examined for their performance efficiency. Many of them have outlived their utility while others have been rendered defected due to organised thefts or gradual wear and tear.

Some excerpts from the write up..

Fresh off the shelf, @CrazyZ

http://tns.thenews.com.pk/water-crisis-strikes/#.XQ71ardN0QY

Water crisis strikes again

May and June 2019 saw a rise in protests by Karachi citizens who demanded a decent water supply to their neighbourhoods. Roads were blocked in many localities including PIB Colony and Lyari where the residents braved the heat and raised voices for restoring proper water supply to their households.

Acute shortage at the bulk supply level, increase in water thefts and leakages, institutional challenges faced by the Karachi Water and Sewerage Board (KWSB), financial handicaps experienced by the water utility, exponential rise in the operations of water tankers (especially during peak summers), run down and aging piping network, lack of a comprehensive maintenance and network rehabilitation plan for older neighbourhoods, and the inability of the water utility to attend fresh water connection needs in suburbs and elsewhere are some core mentions.

About half of Karachi’s population resides in densly populated suburban settlements that include Orangi, Baldia, Qasba, Korangi and Landhi. Water supply situation at the retail level is one of the worst in these localities. People purchase expensive water through tankers after suppressing other essential priorities in spending. Thus the possibility of graduating out of the poverty spiral further diminishes.

Despite repeated identifications done by researchers and media reports, the water quality remains below the desired level. A sampling examination conducted to test water quality from different city locations revealed that 97 percent samples were unfit for drinking.

Water supply lines at the bulk and neighbourhood level must be examined for their performance efficiency. Many of them have outlived their utility while others have been rendered defected due to organised thefts or gradual wear and tear.

Some excerpts from the write up..
Bad plumbing due to past PPP and MQM incompetence. The situation in parts of India are far worse at this time. A large salination plant is being planned for Karachi..... It may be the largest in S Asia. You post an old article. Below are some more recent pictures.

1997489-rain-1561140286-277-640x480.jpg

https://tribune.com.pk/story/199748...he-sigh-relief-mercury-drops-unexpected-rain/

You need to realise most of the imports karachi receives is transported throughout Pakistan. Hence the taxes collected at the port would be significantly smaller if Karachi, just imported for itself. I think you dont understand the role of seaports?

Punjab and Karachi depend on each other.

Sounds like your describing the plight of South India. That's were all the IT money is but most of GOI's water infrastructure spending is in the north.

India's main IT hub is in Bangalore not in Chennai.

with regards to water infrastructure, TN's issue is with Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana & not with the center as TN is against those states investing on water infrastructure. Its very clear that you are not able to understand the core issue rather you are arguing foolishly.

You need to realise most of the imports karachi receives is transported throughout Pakistan. Hence the taxes collected at the port would be significantly smaller if Karachi, just imported for itself. I think you dont understand the role of seaports?

Punjab and Karachi depend on each other.

Same way TN is dependent on Center :-). unless untill all the stake holders site across the table it is not possible for Center to implement anything.

List of dams in Tamil Nadu under the control of WRD, TN and TANGEDCO:
http://tnwrd.gov.in/web/operation-maintenance-website/list-of-dams

The total number is 127.

Now let's compare this with the number of large and small dams and reservoirs in Pakistan.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dams_and_reservoirs_in_Pakistan
About 50 of them in total.

Therefore, Tamil Nadu alone has about thrice the number of dams/reservoirs compared to Pakistan. And there are 28 more states and 7 UTs in India.

Shouldn't you be worrying more about your country instead of fixating on TN and India? @CrazyZ

No that is not true. I myself is from Karachi.

As for Punjab contributing 10%...lol...shows your mental level.

Now keep living in your bubble, while govt hand your rightful stuff to northern people.

Back
Top Bottom