What's new

India's sixth largest city 'runs out of water'

No that is not true. I myself is from Karachi.

As for Punjab contributing 10%...lol...shows your mental level.

Now keep living in your bubble, while govt hand your rightful stuff to northern people.

Enjoy residing in a bubble. Won't be too late when someone burst it for ya.

So, if i show mirror to you then my mental level is under question, you are funny :-), you are another certified kuoopa manduk i found in PDF. bye :sleep:.

List of dams in Tamil Nadu under the control of WRD, TN and TANGEDCO:
http://tnwrd.gov.in/web/operation-maintenance-website/list-of-dams

The total number is 127.

Now let's compare this with the number of large and small dams and reservoirs in Pakistan.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dams_and_reservoirs_in_Pakistan
About 50 of them in total.

Therefore, Tamil Nadu alone has about thrice the number of dams/reservoirs compared to Pakistan. And there are 28 more states and 7 UTs in India.

Shouldn't you be worrying more about your country instead of fixating on TN and India? @CrazyZ

Don't worry about them, their infighting's are well know to entire world. They are just poking nose towards someone outside for diverting attention, from matters they are ashamed off.

They are the ones who are unable to complete a dam even after world largest fund raiser programme and giving lecturing to others.

India's main IT hub is in Bangalore not in Chennai.

with regards to water infrastructure, TN's issue is with Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana & not with the center as TN is against those states investing on water infrastructure. Its very clear that you are not able to understand the core issue rather you are arguing foolishly.

Same way TN is dependent on Center :-). unless untill all the stake holders site across the table it is not possible for Center to implement anything.
Bangalore also has a water crisis...although not as bad as Chennai. South India is at the same latitude as the worlds desert belt......with out the monsoons it would turn into a desert. This is what is going on right now.

My assessment remains...if South India was a separate country. That government would be more responsive to South India's needs. GOI looks at data from the north and says their is no water crisis.

Bangalore also has a water crisis...although not as bad as Chennai. South India is at the same latitude as the worlds desert belt......with out the monsoons it would turn into a desert. This is what is going on right now.

My assessment remains...if South India was a separate country. That government would be more responsive to South India's needs. GOI looks at data from the north and says their is no water crisis.
Bangalore would reach zero ground water soon. The water mafia is also exploiting ground water from farmers. I don't think GOI understands how serious this is.

Met an south Indian guy who just came back from India and he was saying the water shortage is at extremely dangerous level. But glad Modi has singed the Raphael contract to teach Pakistan a lesson, yet both water every and exit in human body is a huge problem.
If the Rafael deal is not signed Pakistan would attack India. If you suffer from Life-threatening disease it doesn't mean you stop defending yourself from armed attackers.

P. S. : And also China.

Enjoy residing in a bubble. Won't be too late when someone burst it for ya.

So, if i show mirror to you then my mental level is under question, you are funny :-), you are another certified kuoopa manduk i found in PDF. bye :sleep:.

Happy bubble sleeping.:lazy2:

Happy bubble sleeping.:lazy2:

Same to you :coffee:

Bengaluru also facing water crisis and for your kind information we are proposing bandh against proposal of transporting 31 tmc water from Linganamakki dam in Shivamogga district to Bengaluru which is 425 km away.

Sharavathi waters: Protests begins in Bangalore, environmentalists join
http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...bangalore-environmentalists-join-1839088.html

Bengaluru Eyes Sharavathi Water to Meet Ever-Increasing Demand, Environmentalists Cry Foul
https://www.news18.com/news/india/b...emand-environmentalists-cry-foul-1783205.html

Your assessment doesn't hold since above case wherein both place situated in South India and in single state, Karnataka.

Same to you :coffee:

Bengaluru also facing water crisis and for your kind information we are proposing bandh against proposal of transporting 31 tmc water from Linganamakki dam in Shivamogga district to Bengaluru which is 425 km away.

Sharavathi waters: Protests begins in Bangalore, environmentalists join
http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...bangalore-environmentalists-join-1839088.html

Bengaluru Eyes Sharavathi Water to Meet Ever-Increasing Demand, Environmentalists Cry Foul
https://www.news18.com/news/india/b...emand-environmentalists-cry-foul-1783205.html

Your assessment doesn't hold since above case wherein both place situated in South India and in single state, Karnataka.
Bangalore and Chennai are very close in latitude to Khartoum.....the Sahara desert. With out the monsoons this Linganamakki reservoir would not be filled.

Bangalore and Chennai are very close in latitude to Khartoum.....the Sahara desert. With out the monsoons this Linganamakki reservoir would not be filled.

Its true that "Without the monsoons this Linganamakki reservoir would not be filled" but its catchment areas are lucky enough to get regularly rainfalls upto 95% to fill it to its maximum level.

Bangalore & Chennai should have a permanent solution rather than temporary. TN wasted its share of water by releasing it for crops and now crying for more water from Karnataka.

Its true that "Without the monsoons this Linganamakki reservoir would not be filled" but its catchment areas are lucky enough to get regularly rainfalls upto 95% to fill it to its maximum level.

Bangalore & Chennai should have a permanent solution rather than temporary. TN wasted its share of water by releasing it for crops and now crying for more water from Karnataka.
Seriously man, you Indians like to downplay everything, create excuses, boast, if there is a problem, acknowledge it and solve it. Ever wonder why despite having so little water, we don't face this kinda shit? It's called planning and governance. India looks like a war zone sub saharan country with people rioting for water. It's scary. Go on netflix and watch this show LEILA. It's the exact shit happening in India, not fictional anymore.

Watering crops a waste? You have highlighted divisions of states over water. How is the river linking project going to work, if one state refuses to share its water?

Watering crops a waste? You have highlighted divisions of states over water. How is the river linking project going to work, if one state refuses to share its water?

When you know there is shortage of water and monsoon is going to be late & weak you should rearrange your priorities rather than continuing with old traditions. TN has increased thrice the times its area of cultivation/farming compared to 90s that's another reason for shortfall in water.

It was very clear by April that monsoon is going to be delayed so TN should have conserved water, they should have considered the fact that Bangalore is also short of drinking water and water for both Bangalore & Chennai are sourced from same river. TN never allows Kerala or Karnataka to deseilt its river beds or basins, due to which storage capacity of KRS and other Caveri river linked Dams are not able to store excess water they receive during monsoon. Due to this now both Bangalore & Chennai facing shortage of water. TN's claims are based on rules set by British during Madras Presidency wherein Chennai/Madras was given priority over other states, now Kerala & Karnataka opposing it.

Inter-River Linking project is done on such rivers which discharges excess water to sea e.g., Mahanadi-Godavari-Krishna-Palar-Pennar-Kaveri river linking project. flood waters of Mahanadi & Godavari which is around 1000 tmc (TN has a shortfall of 45 tmc water to feed Chennai) of water will be shifted/lifted to Krishna from there to Palar-Pennar-Kaveri river and thereby giving permanent solution to water problems of AP, Karnataka, TN & Kerala but problem is democratic procedures, environmentalists, judiciary interference.

I think this time Judiciary will coordinate with Government for interlinking of river as PIL's are pouring in for instructing or enquiring about status of the same and Government will get free hand in dealing for water scarcity.

In 2017 it was Cape Town. Now it is Chennai. tomorrow expect more cities

you cannot make any limited resource like water free

In 2017 it was Cape Town. Now it is Chennai. tomorrow expect more cities

you cannot make any limited resource like water free
India will be the frontline. Expect more cities in India experiencing this Bhai.

watering crops over drinking water and protection of environment can be a misplaced priority or a waste
it happens in California

India will be the frontline. Expect more cities in India experiencing this Bhai.

It will happen in India, Middle East, Africa and Latin America

watering crops over drinking water and protection of environment can be a misplaced priority or a waste
it happens in California

It will happen in India, Middle East, Africa and Latin America
When I was in India, I see the countryside has got really bad soil hardening, since laterite will be as hard as bricks when exposed to direct sunlight. Water permeability is really bad.

Back
Top Bottom