What's new

'India's secret N-submarine project nearing completion'

@liberal Pakistani Meant that India always the one who introduce arm race and also use it .Pakistani got no choice to get in the arm race for insuring their freedom.

Okey u should understand this.....China-India-Pakistan is like a chain. what happens in china will reflect all the way to Pakistan. for example, nuclear bomb. China tested their nukes in 1964, to counter Chinese nuclear threat India developed its nukes in 1974, to counter Indian nuclear threat u guys tested ur own nukes in 1998. Now am sure many people like u in Pakistan think India destabilize the region by bringing in the nukes.....i would recommend u to rethink the issue and ask the same question to China, "why destabilize the region?"

or would u keep china off from the issue for the sake of friendship???:disagree:

So you believe that by Indian getting second strike capability Pakistan will stand by and watch Indian to have it.

No n o no no
Pakistan will get the nuclear submarines.
Then what India find third strike option

That depends upon the number of nuclear submarines mate. Nuclear subs are mobile lauchpads, it could be hiding anywhere. If we have multiple submarines scattered allover the world then u can expect not only 3rd but 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th etc etc strikes from places u never expect, In short enemy will be toasted upside down!.

First of all as a Military Professional, I congratulate my Indian counterparts on the achievement of launching the Nuke Sub ahead of its projected launch time with the major help from Ruskies. A lot will now depend on the outcome of the extensive sea trials of this behemoth which frankly resembles a 'Badly Copied' version of Russian Akula Class. The missile launch tubes are placed horizontal rather then the standard vertical.

Pakistan should not be worried; I have always be the proponent of having vertical launch ability in our selective submarines for our smaller nukes such as the RAAD. Thanks to the Indians; our Navy HQ will now seriously consider this option.

Rest assured our spook teams will be keeping any eye on this vessel and its progress. Like the Israeli Phalcon Project; neutralizing this threat from the Indian Navy will just be a matter of time for PN.

Am afraid not. Unlike AWACS, Purchasing a nuclear submarine tech is prohibitted according to the international law if i am correct. U have to build one to own one or atleast lease one. By the way, its a herculian task to develope the tech to shrink the nuclear power plant to fit inside the sub's hull. good luck.

Asim, u think Russian subs are non reliable, arent ya?.Hmmm.....Dont you know Russia is the only one who built the largest and THE most fearsome submarine-The Typhoon class. It was so large that it even had a swimming pool in it.It was Considered as THE most lethal weapon in the coldwar even the Americans realized it could be a game changer. If Russians can build such a beast, getting their help would make perfect sense.
I didn't point that out, someone else did.

Salam , Brothers,
Just tell us,
like these circumstances , what we are doing, any idea, authentic report in this regards , our plan. ? If some one have news pls share.
(I am not scared by their "sub" because i know,i will suffer only one time , and they will suffer 7 time.):pakistan::guns:

Last edited:
12a55b8172ef42f0ad54679a9be4dc7f._.jpg

835d67076fbdc84b14c7739f1be36f06.jpg

Last edited:
Hello friends,

See this is the problem. We always think that Pakistan is the biggest threat to India and vice versa. But the thing is that, actually it is not. Even this submarine is not to threaten Pakistan, but to counter act China's aggressive naval expansion.

My Dadi(grandmother) told me that they are from vill. Hadoorpur Tehsil Bhera Distt. Sargodha Punjab. And nothing is different there. She did her earlier studies from a Maseet there. I don't find any reason for India and Pakistan to fight as all the problems are not "unsolvable". Pakistan is a product of Divide and Rule policy of the cruel Britishers which even they people accept.

Our enemy is common, that is extremism, a source of terrorism. We should fight with them, together. I hope one day India and Pakistan will be like any other neighboring European countries.

Cheers
Amit

i too agree that is sub is more for competition with Beijing more than pakistan, but i suppose if it make Pakistan spend more money on expansive naval units it does not need then it make indian strategists all the more happier. but i am thus far unwilling to say China has a "aggressive" naval expansion. expansion yes but it has every reason to after all vital trade routes are at sea no one can deny its right to protect its trade routes

Express News ServiceFirst Published : 27 Jul 2009 11:49:26 AM IST

KOCHI: Many a heart at the Naval Physical Oceanographic Laboratory(NPOL), Kochi, would have swelled in pride when 'INS Arihant’, the country’s first indigenous nuclear-powered submarine, touched waters in Vishakahpatnam on Sunday. For, the eyes and ears of INS Arihant were designed and developed by scientist of the NPOL.
The sonar(Sound Navigation and Ranging) system installed on Arihant are a combination of two communication systems named `Ushus’ and ‘Panchendriya’. Panchendriya is a an integrated submarine sonar and tactical control system, comprising a passive surveillance sonar, a passive ranging sonar, an intercept sonar, an active sonar and an underwater communications system. Ushus is a new-generation sonar for `kilo-class’ submarines.
During the past two decades, the NPOL had given the Indian Navy an impressive 87 percent self-reliance in acoustic sensors for warships and submarines.
All the warships of the Navy, including ships acquired from foreign countries, are fitted with DRDO sonars like the APSOH, HUMVAD and HUMSA. Sonar is a technique that uses sound propagation(usually underwater) to navigate and communicate with or detect other vessels.

Does the Indian sub... work?

So far everything India has made, Agnis, Nags, Nagins, Trishul, LCA, Arjun... all didn't work. Only time will tell how well does this work and if the Navy even orders more of these.

Who made this? DRDO?

Why are you so jelous of a countries achievement? Just becoz u are not as Reliable like us to other countries, just becoz u dont have enough funds? or just becoz ur economy is bankrupt, or becoz U are among the top 10 failed nations, or U regret that your nuke tech is not at all indeginious but a gift from china, or are you jelous becoz India is one among the growing superpowers,..... Leave it if you do not know, just dont get into criticisms...:angry::guns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian media video on the launch -

0CWVPMA-x5M[/media] - India launches nuclear submarine - INS Arihant

Indians made it with help from Russia.

Soon Pakistan will launch its nuclear sub too with help from Chinese friends.

:pakistan::china:

Here is your answer:

The Hindu : National : “A technology demonstrator”

CHENNAI: Atomic Energy Commission chairman Anil Kakodkar said on Sunday that the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), by building the miniaturised reactor that propelled the country’s nuclear-powered submarine, had demonstrated “that we have our indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) technology.” He called the launching of INS Arihant “an important milestone” in the Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) programme. “This PWR technology is very complex. We have been able to compact this reactor and pack it in the cramped space” of the hull of the submarine, Dr. Kakodkar told The Hindu from Visakhapatnam where the submarine was launched.

The shore-based PWR has been working at Kalpakkam, 60 km from Chennai, for the past three years, he said.

India has been a world leader in building Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) that use natural uranium as fuel, and heavy water as moderator and coolant. But this is the first time that India has built a PWR that used enriched uranium as fuel, and light water as both coolant and moderator.

Dr. Kakodkar said the BARC mastering the PWR technology was significant now, because the Light Water Reactors that India would be importing (from Russia, France, and the U.S.) were PWRs that used enriched uranium as fuel, and light water as both coolant and moderator.

To a question, the AEC Chairman said, “Yes, we miniaturised the reactor [on our own]. The basic complexity is that you have to make it into a compact power system to fit into a submarine.”

Srikumar Banerjee, BARC Director, also stressed that “the event marks the beginning of PWR technology in India.” The BARC made many design features to make this reactor compact. “There are novelties not only in the reactor’s design but in its manufacturing,” he said. For instance, the steam generator which drove the turbine to generate electricity, was compacted in a novel manner. The heart of the reactor is the steam generator.

Dr. Banerjee said: “A boat of this type is a major technology in itself. Its steam generator is yet another technology. The whole platform is a very complex combination of various technologies. That is why we are happy it has reached fruition.

“We have so far developed reactors built on the shore [on firm ground]. But a submarine is a moving platform. It is rolling and pitching, and undergoes other kinds of motion. Against these, we have designed and developed this compact reactor. This is a major achievement.”

Asked whether the Russians helped the BARC in miniaturising the reactor, Dr. Banerjee said, “No, no. They were consultants…Consultancy was done for the whole submarine, not for the power part alone.”

He denied that there was an inordinate delay in the programme. The ATV was conceptualised only in 1984. “This is a completely new technology. It takes time to develop.”

“Great event for nation”
A. Sivathanu Pillai, Chief Controller, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), said: “Launching the Arihant is a great event for the nation because we are in the select club of countries having a nuclear-powered submarine.”

Only Russia, France, the U.S., the U.K., and China have nuclear-powered submarines.

Last edited by a moderator:
U just beamed down from another planet or something?? India developed its nukes to counter Chinese nuclear threat. Now, Last time when i checked India share border with China NOT only with Pakistan.The question is what made u think that Indian nukes were aimed at Pakistan.

India has a "No-First-Use" policy unlike Pakistan and China. So it is essential to have second strike capability to rip the azz of the attacker. After all what u expect...would u try punch back if somebody bleed ur nose?

India guarantee "No-First-Use" policy because we know we have a sure "Second Strike" capability. Otherwise whatz the point of having nukes.

1. yes india shares a boarder with lots of countries
2. wrong, china has a no first use policy
3. those are still words action can be different from words and thats the point

Okey u should understand this.....China-India-Pakistan is like a chain. what happens in china will reflect all the way to Pakistan. for example, nuclear bomb. China tested their nukes in 1964, to counter Chinese nuclear threat India developed its nukes in 1974, to counter Indian nuclear threat u guys tested ur own nukes in 1998. Now am sure many people like u in Pakistan think India destabilize the region by bringing in the nukes.....i would recommend u to rethink the issue and ask the same question to China, "why destabilize the region?"

or would u keep china off from the issue for the sake of friendship???:disagree:

if ur gonna put it that way then consider the chinese nuke is a response to American nuclear blackmail, and then consider that the American nuke is a development of WW2 which was cause in a fairly large part by WW1 which was cause by the division within the european continent, which was part of the colonies issue. it goes on and on

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom