What's new

India's permanent seat on the UNSC

indian favourite recipe butter chicken with cow dung, and tandori chicken with cow urine.

I think we are talking past each other. You are talking UN as the larger whole.

I am talking UNSC as the chosen top elite few. The guys with the big bucks and the bigger guns.

You mean UN cater their favor to the richer member that contribute financially to the UN? You mean rich member can bribe the UN to push forth their agenda? If so UN just another corrupt organization that the rich call all the shot, why would India want to join?

why would India want to join?

That's a good question. I guess right now I do not know all the details. For most Indians it would definitely be a feel-good thing. But what are the hard spinoffs? I wish someone knowledgeable would contribute.

You have just contradicted the point you were trying to make

I'm not contradict my statement, both Russia and China economy in the past very poor, they couldn't make the financial contribution to the UN compare to the US, France, England. If you count financial contribution as the merit for a seat in UNSC, then Russia and China shouldn't be there in the past.

If you count financial contribution as the merit for a seat in UNSC, then Russia and China shouldn't be there in the past.

Yet your original line was that India was not yet rich enough. That was third eye's point.

So its not money. Its definitely not victor of WWII.

So what is it? Military power? Projection? Influence wielded?

That's a good question. I guess right now I do not know all the details. For most Indians it would definitely be a feel-good thing. But what are the hard spinoffs? I wish someone knowledgeable would contribute.

UNSC member with veto power can reject UN decision that the only perch I see the benefit to join the UNSC. Other than that any nation can exert their influence in UN, don't need the veto power. UN is a useless organization that will allow any head of the state the platform to vent away for the world problem.

UNSC member with veto power can reject UN decision that the only perch I see the benefit to join the UNSC. Other than that any nation can exert their influence in UN, don't need the veto power. UN is a useless organization that will allow any head of the state the platform to vent away for the world problem.

How about war or punitive military action? Any sort of consensus needed? Or can members take unilateral action?

I think the answer to that is obvious.

@taimur12

Do you actually have a point?

Yet your original line was that India was not yet rich enough. That was third eye's point.

So its not money. Its definitely not victor of WWII.

So what is it? Military power? Projection? Influence wielded?

UN formed over 70 yrs ago, I believe the P5 member were the original 5 nations the fascist signed the surrender declaration to, I believe all the P5 member no longer demand the criteria to join the P5 should be base on the WW2 participation, however P5 member still exert major influence in the decision making of the UN, because all P5 member can use the veto to reject UN decision at will.

Indians are funny people. For over 1000 years you bhangis have tried kissing foreign ***. Have you learned anything? You will forever be slaves, no matter how much you kiss the United States ***. They simply do not consider you as equals.

UNSC...... Lmao.

You morons are just the newest tool in the arsenal.

I respect Russia and China very much, but India. India will sell itself to any white man for attention.

How about war or punitive military action? Any sort of consensus needed? Or can members take unilateral action?

I think the answer to that is obvious.

@taimur12

You already know the answer, majority of war started without the mandate of UN, UN objection can not and will not end with UN resolution demand the nation participated in a war to stop the war.

Indians are funny people. For over 1000 years you bhangis have tried kissing foreign ***. Have you learned anything? You will forever be slaves, no matter how much you kiss the United States ***. They simply do not consider you as equals.

UNSC...... Lmao.

You morons are just the newest tool in the arsenal.

I respect Russia and China very much, but India. India will sell itself to any white man for attention.

Derogatory reference to Indians, Reported

@taimur12

you can start with ww2. read the version in which sanjay deol did not kill hitler.

i am sure you can read. 1.you are historically illiterate 2.you are debating a topic in which you said

So its not money. Its definitely not victor of WWII. So what is it? Military power? Projection? Influence wielded?
I guess right now I do not know all the details.

3.don't skip history class next time. and do some reading. you are asking questions to steak house as he formed the USNC. put some effort and do your own research.

Back
Top Bottom