What's new

India's permanent seat on the UNSC

doppelganger

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
What Obama said, are they feel good sound bites, or does the US feel its time now?

What does it mean for India to become a permanent member of the UNSC?

I saw this as the biggest takeaway from the just concluded US Presidential visit. If it happens, Modi ji has cemented his place in history.

What Obama said, are they feel good sound bites, or does the US feel its time now?

I saw this as the biggest takeaway from the just concluded US Presidential visit. If it happens, Modi ji has cemented his place in history.

I feel UNSC membership is just matter of time. If UN is democratic, you cannot leave 20% of world population out of it ambit.

World have to accept India in UNSC as a parmenant member. With Growing economy and military might along with the commitment to world safety, security and peace track record, UNSC is incomplete without a country like India.

I feel UNSC membership is just matter of time. If UN is democratic, you cannot leave 20% of world population out of it ambit.

I too feel its a matter of time.

That said, we have been democratic and had 20% of humanity for 67 years now.

India for UNSC, lol they will serve cow dung and cow urine for everyone at UN council. No no it bad idea.

to change charter... it will need special majority in the UN... that is resolution has to be passed by 2/3 of the member minimum... out of 193... countries... along with all permanent members......

India for UNSC, lol they will serve cow dung and cow urine for everyone at UN council. No no it bad idea.
everyone one know how filthy Chinese eating habits are... Dont show it here

Guys please do not feed the troll. He is trying to derail my thread.

Seriously, as a potential UNSC member state, we need to learn how to let these silly insults roll off our backs. The payback is in getting there in spite of all they say or do.

How is it going to help India???? How significant is UNSC? This club has turned in to a chai pani club with lot of gossip and back stabbing.......

How is it going to help India???? How significant is UNSC? This club has turned in to a chai pani club with lot of gossip and back stabbing.......

I want to discuss this as well.

What really are the spin offs of entry into this club?

I want to discuss this as well.

What really are the spin offs of entry into this club?

I would rather suggest not to enter the club..... Look at our relationship with other countries. We simultaneously engage with Iran and Soudi, Iran and israel. Us and russia, China and Japan...... It is not gonna be easy once you become a permanent member..... For me i feel it is better this way and as a nation we should be focusing on improving our economy, environment, infrastructure, religious tolerance, good governance etc etc........

I always admire the words of great Dr. Phunsuk Wangdu........ " Kaabil Bano..... Kamiyabi Jhak marke ayegi"

We should put our camaign to get Permanent UNSC seat on hold and focus on increasing out cumulative national power; Cultural,Economic,Military; all of it.

Once we become powerful enough that UNSC could not work without us, we would automatically get permanent UNSC seat. If we maintain 7% growth even for 15 years, we would reach there.

I would rather suggest not to enter the club..... Look at our relationship with other countries. We simultaneously engage with Iran and Soudi, Iran and israel. Us and russia, China and Japan...... It is not gonna be easy once you become a permanent member..... For me i feel it is better this way and as a nation we should be focusing on improving our economy, environment, infrastructure, religious tolerance, good governance etc etc........

I always admire the words of great Dr. Phunsuk Wangdu........ " Kaabil Bano..... Kamiyabi Jhak marke ayegi"

Bro, the US too does all of the above.

So does China.

Why should being in the UNSC stop us from engaging with everyone? The only sticky point was Iran's nuclear aspirations, and there too we have taken a side now.

Still has not stopped us from buying Iran oil.

Back
Top Bottom