What's new

India’s Pakistan policy comes home to roost

The ambassador can cry for sanity all he wants. India is now looking for war with Pakistan as it fits the pattern of neo-colonialism the current government wants to push. Sadly, the problem with all of this is that the miltiary is painting some rosy picture which hawks like swamy are feeding to Modi. Who at the end is nothing more than a man with a bruised ego after being rebuffed at his peace overtures.

The next few weeks could be very tense.

The ambassador can cry for sanity all he wants. India is now looking for war with Pakistan as it fits the pattern of neo-colonialism the current government wants to push. Sadly, the problem with all of this is that the miltiary is painting some rosy picture which hawks like swamy are feeding to Modi. Who at the end is nothing more than a man with a bruised ego after being rebuffed at his peace overtures.

I guess you got it totally wrong..... Swami is a troll and Modi knows this pretty well.... Infact he even trolled modi....India looking for War???? come on....

lets wait for India's response I think India under Modi is still planning for response, if the response is not visible Modi will
lose respect in core vote bank, but India populace will support Modi anyway.
I wonder what India's response can be considering that we have very limited options other than to take it up via diplomatic channels.
With regard to Modi ,he would do anything to win the next elections which will also be a no brainier as on the opposite end we a paapu gandhi who has no clue what on earth is happening .this is precisely where the issue lies.Had we had a proper leader in charge of the opposition in India things may have been a bit different.
War mongering postures by Indian politicians are just for local Indian consumption and fall on deaf years world over.It is also an attempt by them to brush under the carpet their misgovernce .

a
India’s Pakistan policy comes home to roost

The terrorist attack on the Indian Army base camp at Uri in the early hours of Sunday gives a sickening feeling that the asymmetric war with Pakistan, which began tapering off a year ago, is restarting. (here) What has happened to our Pakistan policy?

There are always ‘red lines’ in diplomacy and the most important ones are always the self-imposed ones. I can ‘declassify’ a vital information, namely, that in the a priori history before Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to power in May 2014, we took care not to violate the ‘red lines’ – crying hoarse over Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan or hobnobbing with Baluchi secessionists.
The present government has breached those ‘red lines’. The National Security Advisor in the government Ajit Doval openly threatened to ‘do another Bangladesh’ to Pakistan by splitting Baluchistan province. PM has now tacitly acknowledged that that threat is actually his government’s policy.

The PM’s admirers are cheering wildly. They are thrilled he is taking a leaf out of Chanakya to put Pakistan in its place – ‘Samam, Danam, Bhedam, Dandam’, et al. They are speculating in the social network sites where our training camps for Baluchi rebels could be located. Some say Jaisalmer in Rajasthan, bordering Sindh, is ideal.

Whoever advised PM to ride the Baluchi tiger must be a moron of the first order. Make no mistake, the attack on Uri army base is an act of retaliation from across the border.

I wrote only two days ago that Americans could be in possession of intelligence regarding likelihood of a terrorist strike. (See my blog Washington’s Modi blues.) There are obviously grey areas that need explaining by the government. Couldn’t the security establishment anticipate that a Pakistani retaliation was inevitable?

The public opinion should comprehend how dangerous is this shift in our country’s policies. The Indian policy consistently factored in that a realistic solution to the Kashmir problem would somehow devolve upon international recognition to the Line of Control.

Not even mavericks thought it was within the realm of possibility to annex Azad Kashmir. Equally, we knew that even if public sentiments in Azad Kashmir turned critical of Islamabad, that didn’t mean tilt favouring integration with India. As for Gilgit and Baltistan, chances of annexing those remote regions are simply non-existent.

Nonetheless, we did invoke Azad Kashmir now and then – never Gilgit and Baltistan, though – whenever we needed to nail Pakistani propaganda. Period. We secretly hoped for the integration of Azad Kashmir, Gilgit and Baltistan as full-fledged Pakistani provinces (similar to the process currently under way with regard to FATA), hoping that would erode Pakistan’s locus standii on Kashmir. (Smart thinking today should be to encourage China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.)

However, government legitimised our propagandistic stance as India’s official policy. And it took a great leap into the dark by making Baluchi nationalism the stuff of our prime ministerial diplomacy.
Had PM ever visited Pakistan, even once, he’d have known how deeply scarred that country’s psyche is even today, after four decades, that India cut open its womb once and took away one half. No matter the sound rationale of our ‘humanitarian intervention’ in East Pakistan, the fact of the matter is that no country ever did such a thing to a neighbouring country in all of modern history.
Yet, the ruling elites are strongly signalling that India planned to team up with Afghanistan to dismember Pakistan. The Indian Express newspaper commented editorially that Afghan President Ashraf Ghani’s recent visit to Delhi marked the launch of an interventionist policy similar to the saga in Sri Lanka in the eighties. (here) The Uri attack came 5 days after Ghani’s visit.

Unless there is a careful course correction, the ensuing entanglement with Pakistani ‘non-state actors’ threatens to become full-time job for Doval – and PM Modi. Now, do we want to fall into Hafeez Saeed’s trap? What happens to ‘Make in India’ and Swaatch Bharat and Yoga? How do we bring J&K back to normalcy?

If the government does nothing by way of a response to the Uri attack, the Hindu nationalists will feel let down. On the contrary, if India responds militarily, it is 100% certain UN Security Council will meet in New York to discuss Kashmir. The UN Commissioner for Refugees has just condemned the situation in the Kashmir Valley.

The PM’s secretariat in Islamabad on Saturday issued an ominous statement – that Nawaz Sharif left for New York on his “most important foreign visit”, intending to invoke UN Security Council’s resolutions on Kashmir, and underscore the imperative need to settle the “longstanding Kashmir dispute which is among the oldest items on the UN agenda”. (Xinhua)

[Ambassador MK Bhadrakumar served as a career diplomat in the Indian Foreign Service for over 29 years, with postings including India’s ambassador to Uzbekistan (1995-1998) and to Turkey (1998-2001). He writes the “Indian Punchline” blog and has written regularly for Asia Times since 2001.]

http://blogs.rediff.com/mkbhadrakumar/
actually the main policy of Modi is to ride on the nationalism tiger and to keep his throne he is blowing nationalism in different ways so if india keeps becoming nationalist then i would definitely say that in India there is no such institution which can be bent enough to lift the weight of nationalist india.

Pakistan can look after itself in case India tries to blame us for the problems the stupid regime in Delhi itself has created. Even the facade of Achey Din will disappear.

lets wait for India's response I think India under Modi is still planning for response, if the response is not visible Modi will
lose respect in core vote bank, but India populace will support Modi anyway.
Modi's response will be the attack on either School or University students.

What can we expect other than this from Children Killer.

pertinent to note was why was burhan wani killed when he was ....?

I had told Joe and windjammer this needs to be questioned

We could have killed him anytime of the day in past 6 years as he was under observation 24x7. Why only after modi and NS started meeting?
well that do needs to be questioned but in a former conversation on a different thread i do stated the backfiring of Modi's stance

nevertheless
burhan wanis killing was unneccasary and happened in a time when pakistan was actually concentrating more on Afghan problem then kashmir it just became a bonus for Pakistani diplomacy
modi actually i have to admit played Pakistan very well his main flaws started from pathankot base attack he made it a base to cancel secratory level meetings which was clearly a big mistake
after it came wani killing and then his balochistan rant
if you look carefully all of them backfired but modi actually did what he wanted to do
i.e larger support from Indian masses specially his RSS allys
i know that most of Indians like him due to his economic policy and make in india thing which has actually not gained him much but his stance towards pakistan and specially how he uesd BD has been appreciated much by Indians
plus his penetration into Afghanistan is also troubling Pakistan which might also backfire but i cant say that now
all in all
he surrendered national interest to his own political ambitions
but still its coming from a blog not from any newspaper and taking it seriously will not be wise

but know that wani was killed by Indian forces in an encounter

the groups now fighting in kashmir were once known as punjabi taliban trained and equipped by india. punjabi taliban have denounced attacks on pakistan and now india is facing its own snakes.

India doesn't have any assets in pakistan, Indian army is pretty much restricted to conventional warfare, either it will be war or nothing, but pakistani military is becoming more and more confident now because of asymmetric advantage India populace might be dimmified in secular and pakistanis not our enemy but now I can see attitudes are changing, lets hope India exercises some response either cancels Indus water treaty or may be war.
don't act like fool. Modi and Doval are barkinig day and night about BLA and TTP..
India is a children killer country. they kill children in Kashmir via their paramilitary and in Pakistan they are killing children by their mercenaries.

and don't say that you don't know what was Kulbushan jadhav doing in Balochistan.

I guess you got it totally wrong..... Swami is a troll and Modi knows this pretty well.... Infact he even trolled modi....India looking for War???? come on....

The Indian public certainly seems to be looking for war, and with a populist government in power, Modi and his BJP cronies might be forced to escalate the conflict.

I DONT THINK THAT INDIA IS INSANE ENOUGH TO START A WAR WITH PAKISTAN....... AS OUR ARMY IS BATTLE HARDENED.... AND THEIRS COULDN'T EVEN HANDLE 4 TERRORISTS BEFORE LOSING THEIR 17 MEN....... I THINK THEY NEED TO TRAIN THEIR ARMY BEFORE ANY SUCH ADVENTURE

My Pak Brothers,

The farce is transforming into tragedy.

The indian regime has dug itslef a deep hole and only way it can crawl out is by de-esclating tensions that it has manufactured itself. But it shall not do so....

The self fulfilling prophecies of indian media has conditioned the indian empires public about their invincibility and lust for conquest. The public mood in indian empire is beligerent and politicians are but victims of their own rhetoric.

Sad truth is that now Pak is all on its own and must be prepared for full scale war with definitive US involvement on indian side to not breach nuclear threshold. In other words take the beating with hands tied to the back...at least that is the planning.

You must be prepared for full scale war now..might start with mellowing down through sanctions alla iraq or might be swift indian attack under garb of being a victim. Indian will try to cover international scence through diplomatic dance.. preparing the grounds if you like.

This process is already a couple of years old. So, Pak Brothers be prepared for full war. From within indian terror on Pak soil and from without indian agression.

Please, do no count on any brotherly nations to come to your aid... you are on your own as always.

Be prepared and dont let the evil hegemon surprise you.

This is tragedy unfolding... I am saddened at the loss of possible life...but the imperial lust for expansion in in indian regime has now become too strong for anyone in india to control.

Prepare for greatest struggle of your national life.

Forgive me for saying that but your political class is not mature enough to deal with this organised and very well planned onslaught of indian emperial agression. Poltically and diplomatically you are poorly prepared.

Become One in national need and you are not going down. Never.

Prepare for your Finnest Hour.

Long Live Pakistan!

@PaklovesTurkiye @Stealth @Irfan Baloch @PAKISTANFOREVER @DESERT FIGHTER
@Kaptaan @PAKISTANFOREVER @Oscar @waz @Mentee @IceCold @Areesh @ISI Brothers...channel your engergies into this forum and help the Pak posters find a positive narrative!

My Pak Brothers,

The farce is transforming into tragedy.

The indian regime has dug itslef a deep hole and only way it can crawl out is by de-esclating tensions that it has manufactured itself. But it shall not do so....

The self fulfilling prophecies of indian media has conditioned the indian empires public about their invincibility and lust for conquest. The public mood in indian empire is beligerent and politicians are but victims of their own rhetoric.

Sad truth is that now Pak is all on its own and must be prepared for full scale war with definitive US involvement on indian side to not breach nuclear threshold. In other words take the beating with hands tied to the back...at least that is the planning.

You must be prepared for full scale war now..might start with mellowing down through sanctions alla iraq or might be swift indian attack under garb of being a victim. Indian will try to cover international scence through diplomatic dance.. preparing the grounds if you like.

This process is already a couple of years old. So, Pak Brothers be prepared for full war. From within indian terror on Pak soil and from without indian agression.

Please, do no count on any brotherly nations to come to your aid... you are on your own as always.

Be prepared and dont let the evil hegemon surprise you.

This is tragedy unfolding... I am saddened at the loss of possible life...but the imperial lust for expansion in in indian regime has now become too strong for anyone in india to control.

Prepare for greatest struggle of your national life.

Forgive me for saying that but your political class is not mature enough to deal with this organised and very well planned onslaught of indian emperial agression. Poltically and diplomatically you are poorly prepared.

Become One in national need and you are not going down. Never.

Prepare for your Finnest Hour.

Long Live Pakistan!

@PaklovesTurkiye @Stealth @Irfan Baloch @PAKISTANFOREVER @DESERT FIGHTER
@Kaptaan @PAKISTANFOREVER @Oscar @waz @Mentee @IceCold @Areesh @ISI Brothers...channel your engergies into this forum and help the Pak posters find a positive narrative!

Trust me nothing is going to happen.. Apart from more moaning by indians to hide their ugly race in IOK.

Trust me nothing is going to happen.. Apart from more moaning by indians to hide their ugly race in IOK.

I truly, hope so...but we must never underestimate the Heart of Darkness of this hinious sick indian empire...and its sponsorship of terrror in Pak...its killings in Kashmir.

If they come then time to totally crush this evil once and for all.

Long Live Pakistan!

Back
Top Bottom