What's new

India's First Scorpène-Class Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine INS Kalvari Rolled Out!

Good news for you !

x0LSYxU.jpg

Now this is funny. .. feel free to join me guys:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
nobody is going to join you as you have not proved yourself....pls, put forward your contention as why do you think I was being funny with my comment on paint applied on Sub!

nobody is going to join you as you have not proved yourself....pls, put forward your contention as why do you think I was being funny with my comment on paint applied on Sub!

For real ? Fish like paint will help in stealth characteristics :P

WHAT do you think . India China Pakistan buy submarines to bread new variety of fish :D

One more - How well do sub-sonic SM-39 Exocet anti-ship missiles fair against modern Close-in Weapon Systems?
Well, lets put it this way, both Goalkeeper and Phalanx are perfectly capable of shredding a supersonic missile. They should have no problem shredding a subsonic missile, once detected. However, existing subsonic missiles do tend to fly at even lower levels compared to supersonic missiles during final approach, and tend to fly low all the way in (making them harder to detect than the hi-low flying supersonics, reducing response time in a different way then through speed). Such very low flight leads to problematic radar-phenomenon called multipathing, which can lead a CIWS to oscillate between the actual target and a virtual target (its reflection in the sea). A missile like Exocet is much smaller in length and diameter compared to most supersonics (klub being the exception), and has a lower thermal signature, all making it harder to detect, reducing response time. Subsonic missiles can maneuvre more easily during final stage. So, the subsonic AShM should not be underestimated.

with all due respect sir, i would like to ask u one question,Will our SSN's be as quite as the soviet fourth gen submarines aka akula that we own????

@Abingdonboy "Sir"! :p: You have come a long way since I was last here. :-)

As to our submarines being quite, as quite as soviet submarines like the Nerpa. They could be, it is after all predicated by the design and the engineering finesse.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom