What's new

India's First Scorpène-Class Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine INS Kalvari Rolled Out!

Don't even go there, A.K Antony epitomizes spinelessness and yes-manship characteristic traits

That's just a judgement of him as a person, not his work, which is the same mistake most people does, but the facts of his work are different as shown! You don't have to like him (which I don't do either), to give credit for the good parts of his work that is evident today too, which is also is a reason why the Scorpene is ready now, as planned 3 years ago. If the MoD under him didn't fixed the problems MDL had, we would see further delays.

That's just a judgement of him as a person, not his work, which is the same mistake most people does, but the facts of his work are different as shown! You don't have to like him (which I don't do either), to give credit for the good parts of his work that is evident today too, which is also is a reason why the Scorpene is ready now, as planned 3 years ago. If the MoD under him didn't fixed the problems MDL had, we would see further delays.
yupp with the likes of mmrca, mrta, IJT languishing to the brink of extinction, tejas delays, almost running out of tank and ack ack munitions, massive corruption rampant in procurement, these are all to b blamed just on the services or the builders with MoD completely washing it's hands off any of the short-commings.
When the DM doesnt know which end the bullet comes from, he could have done worse.
The limit of shamelessness of the man was with the sub accident, with even an ounce of residual self respect, he should have resigned outright for the utter failure to provide the required stores for the Sub fleet. But then again, what strength can be expected from a man with no spine.... such bombay ducks should have been fried a long time ago

I will be shattered if I don't hear good news from MoD . We need to go for 6 follow on or produce our own SSK . Get 1/2 country on board for investment and Co development . While we keep our phase and subs rolling out from P75I we will have enough time to start our own SSK production. When we can build Arihant , P75/75I why we can develop a SSK which can be fitted with DRDO AIP system .

It's not just the AIP, but we already have indigenous subsystems developed or under development. Be it sonars, torpedos, sub launched cruise missiles and most importantly the SSBN and SSN designs. With MDL and L&T we also have the industry available today, which makes a simple follow on deal + a larger indigenous SSK development far more logical, than wasting time and money on this tender and the evaluations.

UK7G3YN.jpg

x0LSYxU.jpg

C6e7COW.jpg

u3RL5Ik.jpg

IJT languishing to the brink of extinction
LOOOOOL, yes that's his fault and not HAL's, because he made the design flaws on his own, selected the unproven and uncertified Russian engine..., please man. :lol:

LOOOOOL, yes that's his fault and not HAL's, because he made the design flaws on his own, selected the unproven and uncertified Russian engine..., please man. :lol:
Sure paying exhorbitant sums for recovery vehicles and tatra trucks would be HAL's project engineers fault. I have told you again and again, that the lyulka engine was chosen by IAF not HAL.

As usual you will claw the chalkboard to defend MoD,

I have told you again and again, that the lyulka engine was chosen by IAF not HAL.

As usual you will claw the chalkboard to defend MoD,

And I showed you that that's not true, since IAF doesn't select engines of DRDO or HAL developments, they can only state requirements the engine must fullfil, but that shows well how we distract from those who actually do the development failures or mistakes and just blame others. MMRCA is delayed because Dassault doesn't comply to requirements and all MoD as well as IAF officials are stating the same and you blame Antony. Tejas is delayed because of the insanely bad work of DRDO and again the current government says the same about DRDO on that matter as Antony did, but you blame him.
So it just doesn't make sense to generalize out of personal dislike, there are things he needs to be criticized for and there are plenty things one have to credit him for as well, as simple as that.

@Abingdonboy "Sir"! :p: You have come a long way since I was last here. :-)

As to our submarines being quite, as quite as soviet submarines like the Nerpa. They could be, it is after all predicated by the design and the engineering finesse.
Iam just 19 :blink: so calling some one sir is not offense if he is more mature than me is it????:p:

Can somebody tell what are the status of other 5 Subs? I mean %age wise completion stage??

Why is it white?

and in a related question, why are most subs black?

Iam just 19 :blink: so calling some one sir is not offense if he is more mature than me is it????:p:

Me 17, What are you doing? :cheers:

Why is it white?

and in a related question, why are most subs black?

It is yet to be fitted with anechoic tiles and it's these same anechoic tiles which make a submarine black - Anechoic tiles are rubber or synthetic polymer tiles containing thousands of tiny voids, applied to the outer hulls of military ships and submarines, as well as anechoic chambers. Their function is twofold:

(01) To absorb the sound waves of active sonar, reducing and distorting the return signal, thereby reducing its effective range.

(02)To attenuate the sounds emitted from the vessel, typically its engines, to reduce the range at which it can be detected by passive sonar.

Anechoic tile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Submarines are always deployed in the oceans around the world. Submarines are painted black to help them hide, as it is essential for submarines to hide while doing their job. The black color has proven to best help the submarine hide in the ocean.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom