What's new

India's First indigenous aircraft carrier to be launched this December.

So we will see IAC and gorshkov almost at the same time.

2 carriers.....I likey

oh they r launching/starting to build the carrier this december...

It will be in service after 6-8years...

Make that four.

Anyway, I'm glad they started on it.
No it will take a couple years only.

So we will see IAC and gorshkov almost at the same time.

2 carriers.....I likey
Vikaramaditya will come first. Its already in sea trials while commissioning will take place in 2012 while on the other hand IAC will launched in dec 2011 and it will be commissioned in 2013-2014.

What about Naval LRTR in First Pic?
Its Israeli. We will also bve using same MF-STAR as in Kolkatta class destroyer.

Naval+Barak-2+%2528left%2529+%2526+ELM-2248+MF-STAR.jpg

No, launching means the ship is ready for testing of all it parts both at yard and then sea which will take a couple years and then it will commission which means entering the service.

No it will take a couple years only.

Vikaramaditya will come first. Its already in sea trials while commissioning will take place in 2012 while on the other hand IAC will launched in dec 2011 and it will be commissioned in 2013-2014.

Its Israeli. We will also bve using same MF-STAR as in Kolkatta class destroyer.

Naval+Barak-2+%2528left%2529+%2526+ELM-2248+MF-STAR.jpg

No, launching means the ship is ready for testing of all it parts both at yard and then sea which will take a couple years and then it will commission which means entering the service.

So is it ready to be tested on water???

any pics of IAC ??

Only hull will be ready. It will be only approximately 75% of it total tonnage when launched. Rest of work to be completed in estimated two years time.

we will have a total of 3 indigenous aircraft carriers of the Vikrant class Vikrant and Vishal have been confirmed but the 3rd one is still on the drawing board Vishal will be a heavier carrier than the Vikrant so by this theory i'm guessing the 3rd indigenous carrier will be heavier

i think the next class of aircraft carriers should be nuclear powered

They've already built the carrier 75%+. The launch would be done in 6 months for trial mate. What 6-8 years are you talking about?

I dont think IAC1 will be inducted in couple of years , infact it may very well take atleast 4-5 years for the carrier to get inducted. The hull will be constructed by end of year - then all the wiring work will need to be completed, installation of engines , radars , weapon systems , crew systems..finally testing....its practically a city on the water.....it will take time and will face its challenges...you can look at Gorshkov to understand the challenges & i sincerely hope that India has learnt some leasons from Gorshkov.

I dont think IAC1 will be inducted in couple of years , infact it may very well take atleast 4-5 years for the carrier to get inducted. The hull will be constructed by end of year - then all the wiring work will need to be completed, installation of engines , radars , weapon systems , crew systems..finally testing....its practically a city on the water.....it will take time and will face its challenges...you can look at Gorshkov to understand the challenges & i sincerely hope that India has learnt some leasons from Gorshkov.

INS Vikrant will be in service in 2014 sea trials usually take 2-3 years don't castigate our indigenous ship building base

INS Vikrant will be in service in 2014

INS vishal will be in service in 2017

Back
Top Bottom