What's new

India's First indigenous aircraft carrier to be launched this December.

Fair enough. India has at least two shipyards that can handle warships. Mazagon and Cochin.

I wonder why Shivalik and that other carrier is being built in Russian shipyards.

Shivalik was not built in russia. It was built in Mazgaon dock, Mumbai!

You have been reported for trolling and acting like a teenager.

220px-Lookwhotalkin2.jpg

Last edited:
Guys just ignore these trolls, it's simply not worth replying to such baseless posts! Let's just go on with the topic, any latest pics from the production of IAC1?

1.Guys just ignore these trolls, it's simply not worth replying to such baseless posts!

2. Let's just go on with the topic, any latest pics from the production of IAC1?

1. Agreed!

2. These pics are the latest that I could find. Taken in October.

IMGA0037.JPG

IMGA0039.JPG

This was the progress report in October.

The nucleus of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), India’s first ship being built using the modular construction (block-building) method, is ready. The engine and diesel generator rooms and two of the 21 blocks of the 40,000-tonne vessel, designed by the navy’s directorate of naval design, have been completed.

Last edited:
wow what about the order that had to be placed in 2010 for iac 2 having displacement of 65000 tones please correct me if the order is placed

wow what about the order that had to be placed in 2010 for iac 2 having displacement of 65000 tones please correct me if the order is placed

Not yet, will depend on what deck layout and what fighters mainly. IN wants CATOBAR layout, but with the new US EMALS system, but it's not clear if it will be available for us.
BTW, here are some latest news on EMALS and a video of the first launch:

Navy launches first aircraft using EMALS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, does anybody has any information...??/

Also according to the reports, the first Arihant class was supposed to inducted in 2011, is it still going to be 2011 ??/

Also does anybody knows about the next subs in Arihant class ?// According to the reports, 2nd and the 3rd subs are to be completed in 2010 and began trials in 2011, while the 4th sub was to be completed in 2011. Is there any news about it ??/

1. Agreed!

2. These pics are the latest that I could find. Taken in October.

IMGA0037.JPG

IMGA0039.JPG

This was the progress report in October.
SOmething wrong dude. I think this is outdated news. That ship on cochin shipyard is not Viraat, that looks like IAC (Coz vikrant is a museum piece) and the story fits coz construction has been on for many years now.

Fair enough. India has at least two shipyards that can handle warships. Mazagon and Cochin.

I wonder why Shivalik and that other carrier is being built in Russian shipyards.

Fair Enough, You proved Your Ignorance, Hazira Shipyard , Hindustan Shipyard ltd, Pipavav , Goa Shipyards ltd.etc are all building Warships apart from Cochin and Mazgaon

INS Shivalik built in Russia?? Thats certainly a News Which you shared:lol: .... A Product of mazgaon Dock....

Pipavav is Building Warships for Russia, Not that we can better them, But they trust our capability....

Also according to the reports, the first Arihant class was supposed to inducted in 2011, is it still going to be 2011 ??/

Also does anybody knows about the next subs in Arihant class ?// According to the reports, 2nd and the 3rd subs are to be completed in 2010 and began trials in 2011, while the 4th sub was to be completed in 2011. Is there any news about it ??/
Wanted to ask the same...........But i think that the INS Arihant will be commissioned into the navy by 2012 not this year(I think!)............

Not yet, will depend on what deck layout and what fighters mainly. IN wants CATOBAR layout, but with the new US EMALS system, but it's not clear if it will be available for us.

I don't know if it has been posted earlier, but this interview of Navy chief (June 2010) has some interesting points.

Is there any interest in the U.S Navy’s Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (Emals), which is under development?

At this time for me to talk about it is futuristic. Options are there, and Emals would be one of them. We will look at this in the second half of the decade.

When we talk of another carrier, there are a number of technologies we are looking at. We have not finalized the final size. Discussions are underway. If vendors from abroad query why the navy is asking questions, it is basically to form our concept of the carrier.

It should be capable of flying the best aircraft and meeting our requirements for surveillance. This program will also need tanker aircraft.

So, all options are open.

IN is looking for a AEW&C and a tanker.

EMALS, IMHO will be considered for IAC-3.

SOmething wrong dude. I think this is outdated news. That ship on cochin shipyard is not Viraat, that looks like IAC (Coz vikrant is a museum piece) and the story fits coz construction has been on for many years now.

We were talking about the IAC-1 only! So the report should be correct as of Oct 2010. I never said anything about Viraat.

Am I missing something here? :P

^^^ I'm saying the ship in the pic isn't viraat, so the news item that says only 2 out of 21 blocks is complete is incorrect

Ins arihant was launched in 2009 bt without a nuclear reactor it was stated in2010 that it was going under sea trials. What i hope is it to be there by 2012

Isn't the reactor supposed to go live in Jan/Feb. Read that report and was surprised there wasn't too much of shoosha around it--a big aci=hievement IMO

Back
Top Bottom