What's new

India's First indigenous aircraft carrier to be launched this December.

that is good but i think it only carry total 30 a/c. Part of bold i dnt know but if it is true then it will be good.
hope you have right news.

No Sudhir bhai,the INS Vikrant will carry total 40 air crafts:30 fixed wing+10 Helo.
And you misunderstood me.I never told the IAC 1 is using composite materials because it is being constructed with A/B grade steel developed by DMRL and produced by SAIL.What I told was my personal suggestion since the Russians were unable to supply us with the steel and India already had a vast infrastructure to produce GRP and CFC in sufficient quantity and it would have been great if we could've utilised these facilities instead of developing the high tensile steel which farther delayed the construction of IAC 1.Now GRSE has started to utilise the composite materials in the P 28 Kamorta class ASW corvettes.Hope this trend will continue with all the future naval vessels.

No Sudhir bhai,the INS Vikrant will carry total 40 air crafts:30 fixed wing+10 Helo.
And you misunderstood me.I never told the IAC 1 is using composite materials because it is being constructed with A/B grade steel developed by DMRL and produced by SAIL.What I told was my personal suggestion since the Russians were unable to supply us with the steel and India already had a vast infrastructure to produce GRP and CFC in sufficient quantity and it would have been great if we could've utilised these facilities instead of developing the high tensile steel which farther delayed the construction of IAC 1.Now GRSE has started to utilise the composite materials in the P 28 Kamorta class ASW corvettes.Hope this trend will continue with all the future naval vessels.
thanx for clearing but if it is mix 40 a/c then it will be great. But i have some doubts coze if you look at the QE class A/c it will be around 65000 T and have mix of 40 a/c which is much bigger in size as well as displacement.

What if there is a leak , and this thing goes down , can Indian engineers pull it out of underwater , I mean just in case if there is a leak ?
This is how she'll be pulled out....

lp1200-smiley.gif

:P

I may like to correct you on figure. INS Vikadi (Vikramaditya) was a battle-cruiser cum aircraft carrier. When it was converted to Pure aircraft carrier, design was not change, hence it can carry less fighter planes.

While INS Vikrant (IAC1) is design as aircraft carrier, so it will carry more fighters than Vikadi(instead of same displacement). Some expert suggest that 29MiG29K + 6NLCA = 35 fighters. Some say it will carry 30 fighter aircrafts and 10 other (helos).

Having saying I would like to tell you how ACs operates. (Just for information)
1. When AC leave dock, it doesn't carry fighter planes,
2. when it reaches high sea, the fighters and helos fly from sea sore and land on deck.
3. If AC is not far from mainland, Its easy to replace fighter planes if lost in combat or accident.
4. So supply of fighter will not be problem if We are operating AC within 1000 nautical miles.

Your word is marked. Having said that I may try to put some points. The project is delayed by 8-9 months, The phase I was supposed to end by April which end on December. (Due to steel embargo The Hindu : National : Keel-laying of indigenous aircraft carrier in December )

The second phase is suppose to end on April 2014. Most of the subsystem are ready (We have gain experience on Shivalic and delhi class ships). Once transmission is ready , I think it will not take longer time. and moreover as the ship has modular design, the next ships will not take more time.

i dont think it can carry 30 fighters

max number of fighters would be 20

16 LCA N and 4 helis

In the defending mode,we can kick USN too (i think!)

In the defending mode, given the range of Su30s and soon to be acquired Rafale/EF, we dont even need a carrier.. The carrier is an instrument of taking the war to the enemy

thanx for clearing but if it is mix 40 a/c then it will be great. But i have some doubts coze if you look at the QE class A/c it will be around 65000 T and have mix of 40 a/c which is much bigger in size as well as displacement.

Well,I had the same doubt but one thing cleared it all.It's the number of Mig 29Ks/KUBs ordered by IN.IN has till date ordered 45 Mig 29Ks.Now we know that INS Vikramaditya/Gorskov can only carry 16 of them.That leaves us with 29 Mig 29Ks-should be enough to clear all the doubt in one jhatka.What do ya say Sudhir bhai??

Keel laid in 2009,and that means it took them 2 years to construct the main hull only,and thats a much straight forward job compared to Building the Decks,Installing all the Weapon systems and electronics......Expect another 3 to 4 years for completion,if Navy is lucky...
I reckon 2016..Mark my words..
2015 is more my guess..

i dont think it can carry 30 fighters

max number of fighters would be 20

16 LCA N and 4 helis

Then what did the IN order 45 Mig 29K/KUBs for??16 of them will go onboard INS Vikramaditya.Rest 29 are for what??Care to explain Sir??

What if there is a leak , and this thing goes down , can Indian engineers pull it out of underwater , I mean just in case if there is a leak ?

As stupid a question as

" what if there is a radiation leak in one of Pakistan's nuclear reactors.. Can Pakistani engineers handle it or will they have to wait for the next commercial flight from China.. I mean just in case there is a leak...

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Then what did the IN order 45 Mig 29K/KUBs for??16 of them will go onboard INS Vikramaditya.Rest 29 are for what??Care to explain Sir??

IAC 1 and IAC 2

Back
Top Bottom