What's new

India's Demand for Russia to Transfer Tech on PAK FA: Practical or Preposterous?

This thread is about India issueing an ultimatum to get full tech transfer, include source code. And Russia will say no. India will leave with no other choice but wait in line patiently for f-35 while Pakistani stealth jets roam above Indian skies. India is becoming greedy and desperate with Russian arm suppliers and it will end up with nothing, nada.

China cheap quality ...only few country deserve it

China cheap quality ...only few country deserve it

Hmm is that why India bought Chinese trains and railways for the Delhi Metro, Mumbai Metro, Kolkata Metro that carry millions of Indian people every day?

Is that why Britain bought Chinese nuclear reactors?

Is that why Chinese smartphones are completely dominating the Indian market? :P

Is that why China has the fastest supercomputer in the world, built using Chinese microchips? Which is 3 times faster than the second fastest supercomputer, which is also Chinese? :cheesy:

Russia will not part with the full tech. This is the reality and we have to accept this at one point.

But Russia know very well they need Indian money, which is why they're pushing for an "all new" joint FGFA, which I believe India will have rights to, like BrahMos.

But this is against the interests of India since it's a wedge in the AMCA project, which imo is more important once we have Super MKI.
But surely, this isn't a problem for many indian policy makers, since no kickback.

France is the (only) country that would be interested in accelerating AMCA with us. So it won't be a bad idea to dump T-50 completely (keep in mind even Russia isn't so sure of its abilities) and go for:

Super MKI (taken towards 5th gen keeping in mind airframe limitations, the backbone)
AMCA (5th gen)
Rafale (more made in India, 4.5)
Tejas (taken towards 4.5 with French help)
F35 or F/A18 (for navy, IF Russia goes overboard with Pakistan/China)
LCA (Navy) (inb4 Navy rejected LCA. Not what happened.)

I admit that Pakistan might own 5th gen before India. But it'll be like India's MIG25. A couple of aircrafts that can potentially go unrivalled. The difference is that those will be shot down over Indian airspace, unlike the Mig25 over Pak/Chinese airspace.
(EDIT: Unlike the Mig25 USED TO BE in Pak/Chinese airspace. I didn't specify it since I assumed the legacy of Indian Mig25 is not an obscure fact. But due to the childish reply below, thought I should specify. I doubt whether Pak can do anything even now though.)
And they'll be useless in a war in those numbers.

India is destined to be at least 10 years behind China. But it's not a big deal. Things can change quick.

Last edited:
Look lady I know it hurts when India has to pay for defense instead of being able to built but no one will sell the tech. Now Russia has already developed PAK-FA They will induct it them selves and also sell it to few countries. It is India who needs FGFA not Russia. World needs 5th gen USA is not selling to many countries so who else it is RUSSIA.
India will buy F-35 both Russia and India know that and Middle east who are more richer than India will buy PAK-FA because USA is not selling them F-35 because of Israel.

Why does it sound like you're talking on behalf of Russia and India?
these are simply your views, you certainly don't have a crystal ball and your guess is as good as anyone's on this matter.
What is certain is that the matter will be decided in negotiations between India and Russia. And it most certainly won't involve any input from you or your kind!
So why don't you just drop the act and quit acting like you know something we don't!

Oh, sorry I should have told you the News before.
Idex 2017: UAE and Russia to develop fighter jet
http://www.thenational.ae/business/economy/idex-2017-uae-and-russia-to-develop-fighter-jet

China will not get involved for Pakistan but China will get involved for India. Pay Russians 4 to 5 billion and just tell Russia they cannot sell to India well in that case India will have only one option left to go to USA and in that case you all know how expensive f-35 is and thus India will lose Russia for ever.

stop behaving like kid, we can buy products from Russia,Eu, Israel and US...

This is nothing to do with Usa India. Friendship
This is a simple business scenario
Russia wants funding from.india to furthe r developed pak fa.
India says fine we will give the money
But we want tech share and some export rights
Russia says no
India says we will look at rafale and partner for amca . We will spend the 4billion on developing amca and the 20 billion ear marked for fgfa on twin purchase rafale and f35 for navy i.

It's not personal it's business

India naively believed that US would sell him F35,even will,it would be decades later,by then,f35 is behide,lol

Russia ain't selling India anything at cheap prices. Now when the price has been increased, uncle Scrooge wants ToT. India would lose a cost effective supplier of weapons thinking they'll get US weapons. However, they can't afford the price of US technology. A country that can't get toilets for it citizens, how could it pay for US weapons? However, remember, they've gotten deep pockets, so deep because the pockets are ruptured from inside and your hand can go down all the way.

:enjoy:

Ok China never bought SU35

so what happen to SU35 deal....are you getting free again
we r getting something that will make every indian's pant wet when they see it with eyes coz ur radars wont

is this after you buy the Jordanian F16 and the UAE mirages & the SU35B
we have block 3 ..no need of themm..and then the thing thats coming is deadliest

Another reason for India's recent pull back from Russia is because of Russia getting close to China and Pakistan, two countries India has a boundary tussle with. India seems to be testing the Russians to their limit in hopes of forcing Russia to take a step that confirms India's paranoia that the whole of Asia, including Russia, is out to get them. And so they can justify their recent pivot towards USA with more ease to themselves and their people.

This.

I remember Pakistani Air chief marshal one saying we had the option of technology transfer for euro fighter as well when we chose JF 17. reason was simple our industry was not yet ready to absorb and reproduce such advance aircraft. i am not sure if India is still capable to absorb a 5th generation aircraft.

The Russians are about to piss off the biggest arms importer of military hardware in the world.

Russia is a also RAN now in arms exports

INDIA IS DELIBERATLY moving way from Russia having had their arses burned ib Gorskhov fiasco and spares and serviceability of both the MIG29 and the SU30MKI

India will ditch the FGFA and SPEND the $25 billion on MORE rafales AS A STOP GAP and pour money into LCA and AMCA development probablt bringing LOCKHEED MARTIN as partners and consultants

RUSSIA can find a new buyer that spends $100 billion over the next ten years

india $100 billion going to ISRAEL FRANCE & USA
India always goes for Imports rather than indigenous

Back
Top Bottom