What's new

Indians Addicted to Pakistani Music Now More Than Before

I liked the Pakistani band Junnon.And yes I have also listened to some of those Coke studio season 3 songs.

i have been a fan of Pakistani singers from way back in the 80 s , gazals and Qawalies of the early days are my favorites. i still listen to Mhendi Hassan sahab Gulam Ali sahab and of course the greatest singer who ever lived of Urdu poetry Nusrat sahab. funny this thread should be started on a day when we loose one of the greatest gazal singers of our times .

if our people steal and do the pircay it is none of your business, but pakistan is the global hub of piracy it is a facts. which is causing huge loss to pur industry.

Please stick to topic, you have some valid point, but it will help if you stay on topic. Like I also feel the number is overstated, but there are people who like their music, nothing wrong.

I love them man music knows no nation no flag no enemy it just touches your heart my fav bands are call strings jal just love them

I like Chinese music too..

Infact i have some addiction to mostly film music in martial arts movies which goes like tudu tudu tutu tututooo... tudu tudu tututooooo..:whistle:

There's no doubt music transcends boundaries, cultures, nationalities and race. You make good music, people are gonna listen to it, simple.

here's a funny clip from the movie Undercover Brother, Chris Katten plays a white supremacist and finds it hard not to sing and dance to black tunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not against pakistani music but saying that indians are addicted to pakistani music is a overstatement and blatant lie. Only Handful of people love to watch them and this is also for just time pass.

I would love to listen pakistani music if they improve the quality and make some quality stuffs. All the best.

Lets not compare indian and Pakistan music . Its a useless discussion . India is huge in size and so is the variety of music.
Most people haven't heard the name of legendry Oriya music director Akshaya mohanty, who most ppl outside Odisha mayn't heard name let alone his work.

Coming back to Pakistani music ,of course i love Strings.
Also this album which i don't think very well known in India.

I am not against pakistani music but saying that indians are addicted to pakistani music is a overstatement and blatant lie. Only Handful of people love to watch them and this is also for just time pass.

I would love to listen pakistani music if they improve the quality and make some quality stuffs. All the best.

well you're saying there is no such thing as Pakistani music, that's a very ignorant statement, but whatever. We have a wide variety of music library to choose from.

Trying to keep the reply brief. Some of the best Qawals and Ghazal singers, Ustad NFAK, Rahat, Sabri Brothers and Mehdi Hassan. Classical music from 50's 60's, 70's and so on, there is Noor jehan and Zubaida Khanum, Musarat Nazeer, etc. Modern pop/rock, we got so many bands and solo singers it's hard to name them all here. Check out some of the videos members posted here.

Comedy and sitcom wise we have a huge selection, Umer Shreif, Moeen Akhtar, two big ones who're equally as famous in India. And so many from the current crop. TV dramas are top notch from the early 60's to now.

So how are we totally dependent on Hollywood and Bollywood for entertainment? you're original statement was totally ignorant and inflammatory. And there's nothing wrong with listening to Indian music as it only expands our selection library, it's you guys who are on the loss for missing out on such great artistic content from Pakistan.

Indians are more than ever addicted to Pakistani Music. You open every other Pakistani youtube music vidoe and you will find none other than India having brighter green colors with Pakistan. I am amazed that even the new artists or underground songs are being listened in India. Thumbs Up Pakistanis good Job

The reason behind this addiction is that Indians does not see geographical border to enjoy music.Example sayo ni..........chain ek pal nahi aur koi hal nahi........ v becomes very poular music when it was launched by Junoon group create more music of this type we are eagerly waiting .

I heard this song recently, not bad at all.

Imran Khan's Bewafa? No offense but people need to be original and stop making remakes of other Artists songs.

Some songs just don't need remix.

well you're saying there is no such thing as Pakistani music, that's a very ignorant statement, but whatever. We have a wide variety of music library to choose from.

Trying to keep the reply brief. Some of the best Qawals and Ghazal singers, Ustad NFAK, Rahat, Sabri Brothers and Mehdi Hassan. Classical music from 50's 60's, 70's and so on, there is Noor jehan and Zubaida Khanum, Musarat Nazeer, etc. Modern pop/rock, we got so many bands and solo singers it's hard to name them all here. Check out some of the videos members posted here.

Comedy and sitcom wise we have a huge selection, Umer Shreif, Moeen Akhtar, two big ones who're equally as famous in India. And so many from the current crop. TV dramas are top notch from the early 60's to now.

So how are we totally dependent on Hollywood and Bollywood for entertainment? you're original statement was totally ignorant and inflammatory. And there's nothing wrong with listening to Indian music as it only expands our selection library, it's you guys who are on the loss for missing out on such great artistic content from Pakistan.

I never said that pakistani music is non existent. I just said that do not have enough quality and quantity that is why bollywood and indian channels rules in pakistan.

Apart from that you have handful of greatly talented people that is not the case in India. We have institutes for any art for which they provide the training from the very basic. We have this culture of encouraging the talent. That is not the case with pakistan. might be due to money factor or due to conservative society.

I don't mind missing the pakistani songs there presentation really put me off and remind me eastman color era.

One question nobody answered why after having so much much quality why the music industry is so small ?

Back
Top Bottom