What's new

Indians Addicted to Pakistani Music Now More Than Before

We Indians appreciate talent no matter where it comes from...especially in music, as we strongly believe that music has no nationality, religion, language or any other barriers..its something that will soothe & gel with whatever moods you are in...

We Indians appreciate talent no matter where it comes from...especially in music, as we strongly believe that music has no nationality, religion, language or any other barriers..its something that will soothe & gel with whatever moods you are in...
we Pakistani do the same lol

To be completely honest, Lata was the last true singer of India.Everybody in Pakistan appreciates Lata. However, as India invites garbage western culture within their society, the people ignore their former talents and give importance to western-themed music. In India, music was once an art, but now it's being taken for granted. I would like Indians to know that I enjoyed some music from India that was truly of depth, but the way you're going truly disappoints me. You can never exchange art for money!

To be completely honest, Lata was the last true singer of India.Everybody in Pakistan appreciates Lata. However, as India invites garbage western culture within their society, the people ignore their former talents and give importance to western-themed music. In India, music was once an art, but now it's being taken for granted. I would like Indians to know that I enjoyed some music from India that was truly of depth, but the way you're going truly disappoints me. You can never exchange art for money!

I can recall the interview of Gulshan Kumar's (T-Series fame) daughter ... Tulsi Kumar... The interviewer asked her - "Since, you are the daughter of Gulshan Kumar, entering into playback singing was easy for you?"... She replied - "No, it was not easy at all, I have to do riaz."

New generation wants to be a singing star by electronic modulation... riazzzz WTF...

i am not a mudic fan...but this coke studio.got me hooked.
is there a website i can listen all coke studio songs?

And here I was thinking music was the great equaliser that could unite but then you start this thread and bring petty politics and nationalism into it.

Pathetic mate.

That is because "likes" and "dislikes" undergo generational changes .

Some forms of music are evergreen and carve out a niche for themselves . Traditional Quawali music practitioners , Hindustani Classical , Carnatic etc may sing for art's sake and not for money. But they will always have only a niche audience. Whereas the vast majority of Young Indian's ,Pakistanis , Bangladeshis , Sri Lankan's etc ....the young diaspora around the world will always like to hear funky tones and peppy beats --if you excuse my choice of vocab.

And there will be always a number of singers -- who will want to cater to the popular market and earn a lot of money rather than achieve artistic heights which are appreciated by but a few artistic music enthusiasts .

At the end of the day --Money rules , a sad truth.

And no Lata is not the last true "great" singer of India ---there are scores of Classical singers/musicians who are coming up whose names you probably haven't even heard and never will until they venture in the popular market of Bollywood.

Just because a singer sings popular modern music does not mean his talents are less than the classical maestros . It simply means that he did not choose that particular road for himself --singing Ghazals or classical pieces all his life.

Even today there are great songs in classical genres that are made in all forms of music all around the subcontinent.The deal is this funky beats and remix stuff is what a lot of younsters listen to and they get marketed a lot,as the people get older into their late twenties they listen to trance and house mix stuff and as they get even older they get back to classical music.

It is all in the marketing,the issue is there is some kind of a lifestyle or choices which are seen as elitist like english music and trance,house music and everyone tries that.If you say i like Nusrat Saab/Abida Parveen/Lata Mangeshkar/Illayaraja,people think you are old fashioned but good music is good music,old or new.

I feel good music and expression of genuine emotion in a innovative,novel way is possible in any genre and this whole elitist/common man distinction ll serve no good to anyone.Frankly,i feel it is all a tendency of an upwardly mobile people and generation which reaches out to what they perceieve to be fitting alongside their lifestyles.

Once,they get sober after this high,they ll get back to being where they belong.

Ok guys. It's quite obvious that Pakistanis come up with original art, and Indians revise it. Our music is better than Indian music, and Indian films are better than ours. I don't mean to put down India as a country, but so far Pakistan is artistically superior than our counter-parts. Feel free to debate about it.

I dont think so man,India has so much good music that the amount of good music that is not in hindi would be much more and it ll be difficult for you to even appreciate it.

Pakistan can have a lot of good music per sq km,like they do much better for their size,that may be true.

But as such,there is nothing as to who has better music.For me music is global,there is good music everywhere.

One can't debate with numbers when talking about good music.

persay,i feel Bollywood doesn't do justice to its size in terms of quality in any art form.

I just ignore "Obsession" part but yes i do "appreciate" Pakistani Music and musicians. The major reason behind this is the same language and same musical style we have (Hindustani style). Pop & Rock are still better than current Indian scenario.

Pakistani music is the same as PDF. popular with all especially with Indians. They come on here - loads of them and are obsessed with anything Pakistani. In the same way they love our music. You Praful are a liar. You come on here and wish you was a Pakistani. Sadly in your dreams. You can never be a Pakistani. :azn:

lool I just came here to say that I like Nouman Javid's gham-e-ashiqi. Who my ex introduced me to. Too many memories. :frown:

But after reading your post just like and average Indian I have to say that 'NO ONE' here wants to be a Pakistani. PLEASE! Have you seen Pakistan lately? Plus yeah we appreciate good music regardless of it being Indian/Pakistani. But we don't Pakistani movies/songs/soaps more than Pakistanis and then pretend like we've NEVER seen one. I hope you see where I'm going with this. :) My Pakistani friends like bollywood more than me even my ex. It's pretty obvious from facebook like none of my Indian friends would even like bollywood movies because we try too hard to be like 'goras' but ALL OF my Pakistani friends like bollywood movies.

Back
Top Bottom