What's new

Indian Special Forces

6-8 figures seems to hold true.

Same as Para Commandos..can be true also coz there is a lot of training these two elite SF do together and Marcos changed the colour of their beret to Maroon...Btw i read somewhere that they operate in 4-6 man teams but my thinking is that it also depends on the mission.

Sorry,i cant find the link where i read that but i have this video which you posted and it has 4 man teams all over.I also like the concept of 6-8 man teams coz it brings in more firepower but considering the nature of their ops specially Amphibious i dont think 6-8 man teams would be possible in most cases..I may be wrong also and i am all ears.

Indian Marine Commandos - MARCOS training - YouTube

Some neat pics ,dunno if posted yet.(google)

Mountain warfare.

15752424.jpg

15752417.jpg

22077139.jpg

16614291.jpg

Sorry,i cant find the link where i read that but i have this video which you posted and it has 4 man teams all over.I also like the concept of 6-8 man teams coz it brings in more firepower but considering the nature of their ops specially Amphibious i dont think 6-8 man teams would be possible in most cases..I may be wrong also and i am all ears.

Indian Marine Commandos - MARCOS training - YouTube

Do you spot in this vid the MARCOs' jumping onto Viraat too. Seems like a pretty common practice then!

+ in the jump vid I liked seeing the Viraat in the FLIR of the DO-228- a different perspective.

Do you spot in this vid the MARCOs' jumping onto Viraat too. Seems like a pretty common practice then!

+ in the jump vid I liked seeing the Viraat in the FLIR of the DO-228- a different perspective.

Ya..but i was talking about the size of Marcos teams and i am still confused on it..Amphibious assaults in most scenarios has 4 member teams while in some other operations size seems to vary.

+The jump on Virat is what seperates them from others ;)

Ya..but i was talking about the size of Marcos teams and i am still confused on it..Amphibious assaults in most scenarios has 4 member teams while in some other operations size seems to vary.

+The jump on Virat is what seperates them from others ;)

Well there is never going to be a "fixed size" by their very nature SOFs are unconventional so are not bound by stringent SOPs and the like so the size of the squad is always going to vary. The squad size will be adjusted to the mission just like the weapon choice is dependent on the mission.

Well there is never going to be a "fixed size" by their very nature SOFs are unconventional so are not bound by stringent SOPs and the like so the size of the squad is always going to vary. The squad size will be adjusted to the mission just like the weapon choice is dependent on the mission.

Thats what i was thinking while typing the previous comment but for some roles you can have fixed teams.

Nice video but surprisingly video is missing the "Ship raiding and capture" OP which theses guies do the most :D

One more question: the two guies coming otta water in (1+1)( not from boat) is that APS or AK ??? I am bad in identifying weapons :D

A bit of that for 0.29- (for about 3 seconds!!)

Buddy,i didnt see APS rifle anywhere..All is see is Ak series.
It's my mistake I should have seen the time :(
No APS ... Ok. I though those two where coming outta water and from front angle the Mag look to big. So I though if I is APS or what. Wasn't sure so asked :D

Buddy,i didnt see APS rifle anywhere..All is see is Ak series.
It's my mistake I should have seen the time :(
No APS ... Ok. I though those two where coming outta water and from front angle the Mag look to big. So I though if I is APS or what. Wasn't sure so asked :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom