What's new

Indian Special Forces

I hope these are not posted before.

39678_1547989384147_1367447169_1494457_3197053_n.jpg

166651_1752470776054_1367447169_1936847_6008620_n.jpg

These pics are more than a decade old..so i am not blowing anyones cover. ;)

If you dont mind, can you gimme some background on this pic? If not here atleast on fb mate.

I have no detailed info on this mate but i can tell you this though that second pic is of a undercover team of PARA SF in Kashmir..can be in the Pir Panjal range where most of the infiltration is done.

I have read through the posts and done quite a bit of my own research and the only real conclusion I can come to is that there are no mercs in SG but foreign merc in SFF which comprises a cast array of different units. If you look into SFF you will see that SFF is not one uniformed standardized unit, instead it is more a amalgamation of different units with a huge range of specialties from CT, espionage, counter-espionage, intel gathering etc and could more than likely be comprised of foreign mercs. Whilst the unit named SG comprises a number of units such as support staff but the "shooters" are 100% Indian SOFs, there is no doubt in my mind of this. SG can be (to an extent) compared to Delta Force (or Army Compartmented Elements (ACE) as it is now called) as ACE does actually function 100% under the command of CIA although CIA has the SAD (simiarly R&AW has SFF).

+ on a side note I have written on PDF about an encounter of mine when I was last in India involving and IA SF guy who I am now convinced was SG (of course he didn't even confirm this at all and was reluctant to even admit he was part of the Indian military in any way).

++ Anyone who says we shouldn't trust the foreign mercs is being a bit ignorant- it is not about trust but utility. R&AW obviously see utility in keeping some of these guys around and I trust their judgement and am sure these guys aren't kept too well clued up wrt intel and do what they are told so there is little risk of national secruty breach.

Any chance of sharing this encounter??

MARCOS,PARA SF are just boys when compared to the special force under the RAW's SFF Called the Special Group(SG).

BTW can anybody conform the very strong rumors that there are Central Asian(mainly Tajiks and Uzbeks) mercenary commando units in the Special Group(SG).

@ arcelite,Special Group(SG) is Black ops team.
You may be right.
Because when ahmad shah masood send his foreign minister to India he promised that if India helps them he will send his fighters to India to fight Pakistan.

RAW used it's covert units to spy on the kunduz airlift.

You may be right.
Because when ahmad shah masood send his foreign minister to India he promised that if India helps them he will send his fighters to India to fight Pakistan.

RAW used it's covert units to spy on the kunduz airlift.

But that is the Norther Alliance you are talking about.Someone was saying that its not the Northern Alliance but fighters from Central Asian countries.Moreover everyone agrees that RAW would have such people working for them.

I know it has been posted last year, but what is the sniper rifle at 14:05 min ???
I know that NSG uses PSG sniper rifles but that one doesnt look like one

Last edited by a moderator:
But that is the Norther Alliance you are talking about.Someone was saying that its not the Northern Alliance but fighters from Central Asian countries.Moreover everyone agrees that RAW would have such people working for them.
Northern alliance consists mainly of tajiks and uzbeks who are a central asian race.
Anyways Northern alliance is more loosely knit than taliban so it's fighters are actually under command of one warlord or the another.

Back
Top Bottom