What's new

Indian Special Forces

Sir, the reasons?

Reasons for what bro?

QUOTE="anyrandom, post: 7256364, member: 142551"]Also I didn't see any SPG CAT? Given that situation in BD is volatile with lots of modi hating islamists, he should have gone there with much higher number of SPG personnels. In the videos I only saw a few SPG agents and he was overwhelmingly surrounded by SSF personnels.[/QUOTE]
Sir, the reasons?
SPG CAT would be there but they do a god job of keeping out of sight (like the USSS's CAT but unlike the SSF's). In a foreign country the number of local security officers will always be more than the number of SPGs personnel on the ground but if you look closely those closest to the PM are always SPG. There will be a lot more SPG than is immediately apparent travelling with the PM on a foreign visit- if you watch the video of the PM arriving in BD you can see a lot of SPG guys streaming out the back of the BBJ on touch down (via the rear doors).

This is a dhruv which was not part of the operation.

I think the theory of 'insertion' which the Army has given is flawed.

They guys would have crossed the border and waited all night for the attack helos for CAS in the morning.

Army says its operators carried out rappeling at dawn which would be risky and if they carried out the rappeling with no light then it is almost impossible to do so with NVG in this thick folliage.

What I think happened is the helos inserted the operators a few km from the objectives and the teams ingressed on foot and called the helos in for extraction once their mission was complete. This is pretty similar to how the SEALs learnt to operate post-2003 with the Green Berets/Delta preferring more aggressive tactics such as being flown onto the target and fast roping in.

This is a dhruv which was not part of the operation.

I think the theory of 'insertion' which the Army has given is flawed.

They guys would have crossed the border and waited all night for the attack helos for CAS in the morning.

Army says its operators carried out rappeling at dawn which would be risky and if they carried out the rappeling with no light then it is almost impossible to do so with NVG in this thick folliage.
yes u are right by bolded part.....it in news now tht they entered on foot and air support was available in morning

yes u are right by bolded part.....it in news now tht they entered on foot and air support was available in morning

Woo i am a genius and i figured out that part when i was on the toilet seat this morning. :lol:
What I think happened is the helos inserted the operators a few km from the objectives and the teams ingressed on foot and called the helos in for extraction once their mission was complete. This is pretty similar to how the SEALs learnt to operate post-2003 with the Green Berets/Delta preferring more aggressive tactics such as being flown onto the target and fast roping in.

The whole thing of 30 to 45 mins in and out is flawed and only the media can be fooled by this.

This is being said for the media to not make it a international issue.

And the media is like when we do this on Pakistan..Damn man these guys have no fxking idea about anything.Pakistans whole concentration of air defence is on western border not eastern and the US has stealth helos.It is fcking impossible to do any air insertion in Pakistan.The best method to do this in Pakistan is by having James Bond type of people or shooters disguised as civilians and mind you it will be a one way ticket.

The media has made Para Commando their favourite child now and now they say Para SF is the best and are like Sierra lone to Myanamar Para SF rocks...hahaha.

CHKfQCQUkAALK5z.jpg

And the duration of just 45 minutes in which 100 are killed is too hard to digest unless SF used jet packs to descend over the camps and carpet bombing was used prior the attack. :P

And the duration of just 45 minutes in which 100 are killed is too hard to digest unless SF used jet packs to descend over the camps and carpet bombing was used prior the attack. :P
For that you got to slither overhead the camp draw enemy fire and kill and injure a lot of operators.Too much is hidden.

True.Also even before the so called operation, it was all over the media that 21st PARA is going to attack militant hide outs inside myanmar with in days.In reallife would any terrorist wait for a special force to come and attack them.Security forces will hold their positions what ever came against them,but will a guerilla out fit will show such a blunder that too after drawing that much heat ?
Just shooting something which is in my mind for some days

True.Also even before the so called operation, it was all over the media that 21st PARA is going to attack militant hide outs inside myanmar with in days.In reallife would any terrorist wait for a special force to come and attack them.Security forces will hold their positions what ever came against them,but will a guerilla out fit will show such a blunder that too after drawing that much heat ?
Just shooting something which is in my mind for some days
That is because they had no other option and they really thought India would not cross the border.

I believe this encounter genuinely took place.But i think the planning and tactics was different.

More is still to come as this was just the foreplay according to sources.I believe not much will be publicised now but nevertheless the approach will continue to be ruthless because one team has burnt the entire camp after killing everyone there.

A large amount of fire power had to be brought if 100 men had to be killed in 30-45 mins specially NE insurgents coz they are far superior than the punjabi jihadi in Kashmir.

Yeah.The weaponry,tactics and their performance against our army are always far better when compared with the LeT and other kashmiri terrorist organisation.

Plus thorough knowledge of topography too had always been in favour of N.E extremists.
Hope the real story concerning the units involved shouldn't come any time soon as we had read what had happened to Seal Team 6 recently after US acknowledged it was ST-6 behind the OBL assassination.

Like i said Dhruv were not involved and this doesnt seem like a post operation victory pic.They are too less equipped for a operation like that.

The Dhruvs were indeed used for the ops. But only part of the team rappelled down.

Here's my take on the entire operation, step by step.

1. 57th Mountain Division and Assam Rifles were pressed into action following the ambush. These troops trained specifically in Guerrilla warfare were sent out on foot in order to flush the militants out towards their base camps near the border.

2. Intelligence Agencies and a few forward elements of the 57th pinpoint the insurgent base camp on the Myanmar border. The Myanmar Govt. is secretly brought into the loop while the Operation is being planned by the 21st Para SF.

3. IAF deploys a C-17 to Imphal carrying logistical supplies and additional troops. Meanwhile Mi-35 Hinds equipped for night operations are prepped by the Air Force following authorization for deployment by the PMO.

4. Para SF troops are inserted behind Myanmar lines from where they leg to cut off the escape route. At the same time, additional SF troops press on from the Indian side in an attempt to sandwich the two base camps between the two teams. This is done because deploying the ALH directly over the base as the troops rappel down increases the risk of a shoot down because that is when the helicopters are most vulnerable.

5. The Hind gunships are launched to provide CAS and also to spook the militants into rushing out of the base camp into a lethal ambush organised by the Para SF around the camp with specific kill zones for the fire teams covering the camp as well as the escape routes.

6. Additional operations going on in the state by the AR and regular Army troops had already led to the militants being on their nerves. This was a major distraction as the Para SF readied for the Op as the Militants never expected a raid to come so soon, expecting the Army to engage and slowly advance, allowing them time to make an escape if need be.

7. The Hinds arrive on station alerting the Insurgents to break camp to escape. The surrounding jungles erupt with gunfire as the Para SF begins to open up , gunning down the militants who try to put up a fight or escape.

8. The 21st then swiftly move in directly to flush out the remaining insurgents inside the camp while the Hinds provide fire support and take out any stragglers in the surrounding foliage.

9. 30 to 40 minutes into the raid, the two base camps are smoldering ruins as the Paras conduct their Post-Op assessment of the area and pick out any survivors left. Meanwhile the Helicopters are back on station to extract the troops after a satisfying operation with zero friendly casualties.

10. Damage Assessment done, The Troops are flown back for a De-Brief as the Army continues to engage the remaining insurgents scattered across the state.

Back
Top Bottom