What's new

Indian Special Forces

BPJ is actually lightweight nowadays as it a stripped down plate carrier than the bulky ones used few years ago.
PATKA is heavy but needed as it gives much needed survivability.

tumblr_nbr85rklUG1tjfjuco6_500.jpg

Those soldiers in the video were definitely not wearing body armor. And as you can see from your pic, the patka does not protect the ears and the lower back area of the head. Furthermore it does not give top cover.

The new helmets do also not provide adequate protection for ears but are much lighter than the older M1s.

INSAS is more comparable to FN FNC than ultra modern SCAR H or TAR 21. For that kind of sleek gun OFB has tried it's hand with this

INSAS is absolutely not in the same league of the Tavor...

Its heavier, bad ergonomics, larger, less ammo, no inbuilt optics, worse build quality etc etc etc...

Why do you think do SF units prefer it over the INSAS?

Wish to see Ex calibre rifles replacing INSAS as it is more sleek with option for optics and light.Been with some regular infantry regiments in small quantities.
And AKs and VZs need to be upgraded .

Those soldiers in the video were definitely not wearing body armor. And as you can see from your pic, the patka does not protect the ears and the lower back area of the head. Furthermore it does not give top cover.

The new helmets do also not provide adequate protection for ears but are much lighter than the older M1s.

INSAS is absolutely not in the same league of the Tavor...

Its heavier, bad ergonomics, larger, less ammo, no inbuilt optics, worse build quality etc etc etc...

Why do you think do SF units prefer it over the INSAS?

PATKA saves you from a bullet. Other just protect from debris. If a sniper wants to hit me with a dragunov round, I'd always prefer a PATKA. Lighter PATKA 's are now available as well. Even full covered ones.

bullet-proof-patka(1).jpg

xvs9.jpg

ops-core: FAST Ballistic High Cut (XP) Helmet

Bullet Proof Patka

Weight of PATKA 1 - 1.3 kg
Weight of FAST 800 gm - 1 kg

Extra 200 - 300 gm is worth it for survival in CQB with militants armed with AKs.

INSAS is a standard rifle. Tavor is a carbine essentially. However INSAS other "Sexier" versions like :

GL0wuV9.png

scan0073.jpg

svnyy10.jpg

302084_509110489152575_1251881150_n.jpg

Build quality looks really good now.

Last edited:
PATKA saves you from a bullet. Other just protect from debris. If a sniper wants to hit me with a dragunov round, I'd always prefer a PATKA. Lighter PATKA 's are now available as well. Even full covered ones.

bullet-proof-patka(1).jpg

xvs9.jpg

ops-core: FAST Ballistic High Cut (XP) Helmet

Bullet Proof Patka

Weight of PATKA 1 - 1.3 kg
Weight of FAST 800 gm - 1 kg

The chance of getting injured/killed by splinters, shrapnel, trauma, debris.. etc is much much higher than getting shot in the small are that is covered by a helmet/patka. Apart from that, the vast majority of soldiers are trained to aim for bigger areas of the body.

INSAS is a standard rifle. Tavor is a carbine essentially. However INSAS other "Sexier" versions like :

GL0wuV9.png

scan0073.jpg

svnyy10.jpg

302084_509110489152575_1251881150_n.jpg

Build quality looks really good now.

Not really, both the Tavor and INSAS fire the same ammo and have similar muzzle velocities, yet the Tavor is lighter, handier, has better in built optics etc etc

And again, I am not saying that there hasnt been any improvements, but saying that we are at world class level is simply wrong

50 NSCN (K) Slain in a x border surgical strike by Special Forces. All insurgents resp for ambush on 6 Dogra eliminated. 21 PARA (Cdo) & IAF launched the op. Kudo.Airborne strike on Mi17 by SfIts a matter of great pride for our regiment that 21 SF has led the retribution against the NSCN K for the ambush.
Bold operation by Indian Army: Many militants involved in Manipur ambush neutralised in Myanmar - The Economic Times

I am so proud that we took such a bold step and now we should use drones and satellites to find more camps and destroy them once and for all.Killing 50 rebels with a team of 20-40 men in such raids and not having casualties shows how highly the units standards are.

What this also proves is @Abingdonboy that like i told you a Para SF unit is given a specialty of an area like 21 SF is in NE for last 8-9 years and 10 Para aka Desert scorpions is in Rajasthan for desert raids and 9 Para for kashmir.

9Para and SFF cross train.

and lastly Army only calls anyone but armymen for special operations.This is because they believe they can do it and only this can raise the morale of the soldiers.

What we lacked today was PR team to highly publicise the operation using helmet camera and feed from the drones which could put in real fear in our enemies heart.

The best weapons are those which are never used.Fear is a great weapon.

Last edited:
We need to engage our neighbours and shut down any support that the terrorists are getting .

Element of surprise was Cross border action, which the enemy might not have anticipated
Leading to a high success .. Giving terror to terrorists :tup:

Last edited:
Incase,some of us are like..'who were these guys'..watch this.

i have watched it before....their CO SS Shekhawat is already the most decorated serving soldier in the indian army..after this he and his unit has cemented a special place in indian SFs history.

i have watched it before....their CO SS Shekhawat is already the most decorated serving soldier in the indian army..after this he and his unit has cemented a special place in indian SFs history.
Yeah..in 2009 they did the amphibious raid on a insurgent camp and now this.

The 1st and 9th Para were known for their mettle and now they too have joined them.

The chance of getting injured/killed by splinters, shrapnel, trauma, debris.. etc is much much higher than getting shot in the small are that is covered by a helmet/patka. Apart from that, the vast majority of soldiers are trained to aim for bigger areas of the body.

I read some report which said majority of Indian soldiers died due to head shots. Can't find the link now.. will try..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom