What's new

Indian Special Forces

But i read somewhere that it was after the success of kargil operations that Marcos was expanded...or something to that effect.
I can't comment on this @levina as I don't know what role the MARCOs had during the Kargil conflict (that's not to say they didn't have any role). Perhaps the MARCOs were expanded when it was realised how effective small elite teams could be (PARA (SF) played a critical role in this war).

Although not a SF stuff , apology in advance but a random search in youtube but found something interesting in the end of the video may be at 0.31 u can see a 12.7 hmg mounted on the mpv, its a first of a kind dat i encountered with a mounted HMG on a ground based vehicle other than tanks. Moreover the chaps are well equipped but they r not RR, Its seems like valley and may those are from JKLI . I spotted INSAS with ubgl and a passive night device. Gurus plz comment.

Although not a SF stuff , apology in advance but a random search in youtube but found something interesting in the end of the video may be at 0.31 u can see a 12.7 hmg mounted on the mpv, its a first of a kind dat i encountered with a mounted HMG on a ground based vehicle other than tanks. Moreover the chaps are well equipped but they r not RR, Its seems like valley and may those are from JKLI . I spotted INSAS with ubgl and a passive night device. Gurus plz comment.

The average IA trooper is very well equipped by modern standards. M1 style helmet capable of taking 9mm round or Patka protecting against 7.62 X 51 mm round. Level IIIA BPJ and good combat boots.

Webing is also improved and soldiers now using optics , attachments to INSAS rifles as needed during combat scenarios.

The average IA trooper is very well equipped by modern standards

No they arent.

M1 helmets, which are being replaced as we speak, are outdated and overweight helmets from WW2 which cant hold any equipment like NVGs. The ones which they are wearing now are lighter, but still insufficient.
While I dont know the material of their uniforms, their camo pattern is outdated.
Insas is also overweight and lacks features like full auto mode and only has 20 rounds of ammo. I cant see any optics on the AR variants too.
None of the jawans shown in the video wear BPJs, the standard BPJs in the IA are very heavy. Furthermore, none of them is wearing any knee protectors.

No they arent.

M1 helmets, which are being replaced as we speak, are outdated and overweight helmets from WW2 which cant hold any equipment like NVGs. The ones which they are wearing now are lighter, but still insufficient.
While I dont know the material of their uniforms, their camo pattern is outdated.
Insas is also overweight and lacks features like full auto mode and only has 20 rounds of ammo. I cant see any optics on the AR variants too.
None of the jawans shown in the video wear BPJs, the standard BPJs in the IA are very heavy. Furthermore, none of them is wearing any knee protectors.

Even PASGT can only protect against 9mm.

The only helmet capable of protecting against 7.62 X 51 mm effectively is PATKA.

For NVDs and other stuff. The thing can be mounted on the face. Specialized helmets are given to SOF only.

INSAS is damn accurate, reliable and a great standard rifle. Even the 30 round magazines from LMG can be used.
It has specs similar to Galil ACE and the latest polymer build is great in finish as well. Try 1B1 variant. It can mount multiple attachments like laser designator or red dot scopes as well as holographic sights and UBGL.

In the video it uses an older stock scope and a UBGL.

The Jawans are wearing BPJs but the tactical webbing, (green one) is obscuring it from view.
The Level IIIA jackets can stop 7.62s of all kinds. If you want lighter US style, you got to pay more and for a 1.2 mn army it's not affordable.

Nobody wears kneepads in regular skirmish. They can be hindrance to free leg movement. In tactical operations where you want greater "support", the kneepads are sometimes used.

Try 1B1 variant. It can mount multiple attachments like laser designator or red dot scopes as well as holographic sights and UBGL.

132877494_11n.jpg

This one ?

Even PASGT can only protect against 9mm.

So? That does not cover the fact that the M1 is too heavy, uncomfortable and does not cover several areas on the head. The main purpose of modern helmets is to protect the head from debris, splinters, falls etc not bullets.

For NVDs and other stuff. The thing can be mounted on the face.
Mounting NVGs on the face is new to me

INSAS is damn accurate, reliable and a great standard rifle. Even the 30 round magazines from LMG can be used.
It has specs similar to Galil ACE and the latest polymer build is great in finish as well. Try 1B1 variant. It can mount multiple attachments like laser designator or red dot scopes as well as holographic sights and UBGL.

Insas does its job, but its not a world class rifle. The 30rd mag is not regularly used on AR, its production quality is still sub standard (Look at any high res picture), its still cannot fire in full auto mode, its still overweight and the vast majority still use iron sights.

There is still much to do..

The Jawans are wearing BPJs but the tactical webbing, (green one) is obscuring it from view.
The Level IIIA jackets can stop 7.62s of all kinds. If you want lighter US style, you got to pay more and for a 1.2 mn army it's not affordable.

I ve looked several times now... Nobody was wearing body armor. Kindly tell us the time when it appears in the video.

Nobody wears kneepads in regular skirmish.

And this comes from?

Good knee pads dont hinder your movement in any significant way. Even slight falls with some weight on you can injure your knees. And since its quite a complicated joint, injuries can go beyond repair. There is a reason why soldiers, athletes etc use them as standard kit.

Yeah INSAS lacks full auto fire,2 round mag,no railings for mounting optics, heavier than almost all other ARs,also 99% lacks folding butts.
Just add ons like rails,option for full auto,folding butts,30 round mags will make it more user friendly and reliable.
Coming to PATKA ,it too is heavy,also it didnt gie protection to ears or back of head.

So? That does not cover the fact that the M1 is too heavy, uncomfortable and does not cover several areas on the head. The main purpose of modern helmets is to protect the head from debris, splinters, falls etc not bullets.

Mounting NVGs on the face is new to me

Insas does its job, but its not a world class rifle. The 30rd mag is not regularly used on AR, its production quality is still sub standard (Look at any high res picture), its still cannot fire in full auto mode, its still overweight and the vast majority still use iron sights.

There is still much to do..

I ve looked several times now... Nobody was wearing body armor. Kindly tell us the time when it appears in the video.

And this comes from?

Good knee pads dont hinder your movement in any significant way. Even slight falls with some weight on you can injure your knees. And since its quite a complicated joint, injuries can go beyond repair. There is a reason why soldiers, athletes etc use them as standard kit.

1. PATKA is replacing these helmets in most cases as I SEE IT. But modernised versions of these helmets will remain. PATKA can challenge a 7.62 X 51 mm round. No NATO helmet can do that effectively.

50leyt.jpg

indiantavor4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
indiantavor4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]US assault rifles for Indian Army Special Forces units

ncEMmYf.jpg

ymyJ2Lm.jpg

These are the newer models. Build quality looks fine.

epa04673122-indian-army-soldiers-display-the-recovered-arm-and-ammunition-EJDMNN.jpg

Take a close look at 1st soldier. It's hard to spot them.

5. In LRP you need less load. Carrying everything doesn't count. Kneepads add weight and restrict mobility.
Look up US Army Afghanistan. Most wear one knee pads for their "stance" knee, no elbow pads.
IA does use knee pads but only in urban combat ops. Refer to above pic by GSLV MK III

Yeah INSAS lacks full auto fire,2 round mag,no railings for mounting optics, heavier than almost all other ARs,also 99% lacks folding butts.
Just add ons like rails,option for full auto,folding butts,30 round mags will make it more user friendly and reliable.
Coming to PATKA ,it too is heavy,also it didnt gie protection to ears or back of head.

062811od_Ops-Core011_1.jpg

Current US army helmet being issued.

1. PATKA is replacing these helmets in most cases as I SEE IT. But modernised versions of these helmets will remain. PATKA can challenge a 7.62 X 51 mm round. No NATO helmet can do that effectively.

1.)Nope, the helmet shown in the video are replacing the WW2 M1s, not the patkas. Patkas have their advantages, but they do not protect the top of the head (Falling debris!), the lower back parts of your head and your ears !

Again, protection from direct bullet hits is not the main purpose of modern helmets. The chance of getting injured/killed by debris, splinters, trauma etc is much higher than receiving a direct bullet hit into your upper parts of your skull.

2.) Not saying that the build quality hasnt improved at all... it has! But its still sub standard. But the main problems are still its ergonomics, weight etc
Furthermore, most IA troops dont have any optics

3.) Again, good knee pads dont restrict movements nor do they add any significant weight.... Outdated helmets, BPJs, overweight rifles etc etc etc are far far far more concerning than knee pads, which weigh nothing compared to the stuff mentioned above.

FAST helmets are normally issued to SF units only. And the gap is meant for communication equipment.

Light weight BPJ with shock absorbing plates ,light boots,hollowgraphic optics,hands free commn. sets,night vision googles are a must for a 21st century common infantry man .
Its a good thing that we are seeing some Eoctech holloowgraphic sights with Aks of RR.

1524719_600376273398271_174058741398375287_n.jpg

The new black BPJ seems to be much sleeker and lighter than the old ones.Did any one have any info?Is it manufactured by private firms like MKU?

Light weight BPJ with shock absorbing plates ,light boots,hollowgraphic optics,hands free commn. sets,night vision googles are a must for a 21st century common infantry man .
Its a good thing that we are seeing some Eoctech holloowgraphic sights with Aks of RR.

It's about economy. Larger army = less priority on core infantry.

1.)Nope, the helmet shown in the video are replacing the WW2 M1s, not the patkas. Patkas have their advantages, but they do not protect the top of the head (Falling debris!), the lower back parts of your head and your ears !

Again, protection from direct bullet hits is not the main purpose of modern helmets. The chance of getting injured/killed by debris, splinters, trauma etc is much higher than receiving a direct bullet hit into your upper parts of your skull.

2.) Not saying that the build quality hasnt improved at all... it has! But its still sub standard. But the main problems are still its ergonomics, weight etc
Furthermore, most IA troops dont have any optics

3.) Again, good knee pads dont restrict movements nor do they add any significant weight.... Outdated helmets, BPJs, overweight rifles etc etc etc are far far far more concerning than knee pads, which weigh nothing compared to the stuff mentioned above.

FAST helmets are normally issued to SF units only. And the gap is meant for communication equipment.

BPJ is actually lightweight nowadays as it a stripped down plate carrier than the bulky ones used few years ago.
PATKA is heavy but needed as it gives much needed survivability.

tumblr_nbr85rklUG1tjfjuco6_500.jpg

If helmet was for debris, then it is doing fine job, the ww2 m1s. Nowadays new ones as in video is used.

INSAS is more comparable to FN FNC than ultra modern SCAR H or TAR 21. For that kind of sleek gun OFB has tried it's hand with this

DfN3J5E.jpg

It is the new rifle for MHA forces.

pakistanacademy1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom