What's new

Indian Special Forces

Great pics and a a great thread!

Just wondering, is it wise to post pics with clearly identifiable faces of special operations soldiers?
Atleast the faces could be altered?

Tbh the only people close enough to be able to see their faces would be high level officials and their families and if you look at the pics it is rely hard to make out their identities. But I still would prefer their faces to be blurred, it is just more responsible on our part.

I have heard that despite MARCOs protests, for such events for high levels the operators have to have their faces uncovered (God knows why). But if you ever see other MARCOs PR events, they always have their faces covered and name tags removed. Stupid politicians!

dsc0149cf.jpg

l2011120538064.jpg

What group does the guy in the far left belong to?

I'd say, given the maroon beret, the weapon and the removal of name tags- PARAs (possibly SF). Probobly deployed for protection of high-level visitors as Pres is protected by SPG and IA COS is protected by MP.

I'd say, given the maroon beret, the weapon and the removal of name tags- PARAs (possibly SF). Probobly deployed for protection of high-level visitors as Pres is protected by SPG and IA COS is protected by MP.

The Para(SF) are responsible for the security of the COAS and not the Military Police.There is a officer of the rank of Captain or Major who always monitors the security of COAS along with his PARA(SF) men(dont know the exact number).The MP along with Infantry troops are part of his convoi of vehicles which also includes a pilot vehicle,rover vehicle,QRT team etc.

It is a well known fact among all Indian SF fanboys,elsewhere you'll find that SFF were first but actually it is SG because SG is a derivative of the SFF.

on the other hand the Garuds though are real tough blokes in rocky and mayur meet the garuds you can see them running so easily with 20kg bergens you need amazing endurance and strong legs for that.

The Para(SF) personnel have good views on the Garuds but dont ask anyone in the army not in the SF(5,6,7 Para included) about the Garuds you'll get one answer "the Garuds are still kids",let alone that do not ask even about the Para(SF) to them cause again they say "we can do 90% of the things SF can".

20kg is not a difficult pack weight to carry.

In the Australian ARMY (not S.F) a 5 hour forced march required a 25kg pack weight.

20kg is not a difficult pack weight to carry.

In the Australian ARMY (not S.F) a 5 hour forced march required a 25kg pack weight.

I have not mentioned that he was sprinting with 20kg which is pretty hard,though i must say your army has some real tough blokes

P1040689-1.JPG

P1040685-1.JPG

P1040682-1.JPG

P1040686-1.JPG

The IMI Tavor TAR-21 assault rifle is a fairly common sight now, deployed in significant numbers with the special forces, paramilitary, Rashtriya Rifles and other units. Saw these Indian Army para commandos at Exercise Sudarshan Shakti yesterday and thought I'd snap off a few. The men say they love the rifle. One of them said there had been some issues a couple years ago which had not been sorted out. They love the sight and the weight/stability of the weapon. When I asked how it compared to what they were using before, they smiled. (I had a chance to play with a Tavor in 2008. Yep, sweet.)

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2011/12/photos-tavors-with-indian-para.html

Can someone id the new uniform?? it does nt look like a jacket and cargos it looks like a jumpsuit.

Back
Top Bottom