What's new

Indian Special Forces

not going to lie i met up with a couple of SF around the world but the most funniest SF are Pakistani and Indian over here in Canada we got the best of both worlds. my friend rakesh and my other friend pasha where both in SF one was
Ssg and the other para commando. but the most funny thing was both here scared to use their skills against each other. it would mostly be a fight of words and nothing else. one time my Pakistani counterpart did a bet with Rakesh if he lost he would have to eat beef nahari with us he lost and he did eat nahari same as our Pakistani friend had to take a couple of shots of paan liquor.

Green Nod for SPG Training Centre in Rajasthan
NEW DELHI: The Environment Ministry panel has given a go-ahead for the construction of a training centre in Rajasthan for the new counter-terrorist force of Special Protection Group (SPG) that is being raised to protect the Prime Minister from new-age terror threats.

The proposal pending from 2013 was cleared by the ministry’s Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) as a special case in national interest despite ambiguity over the forest type. The panel gave its general approval to the project seeking diversion of 191.93 Ha of land in Rajasthan’s Alwar district.

New-age terror threats include chemical, biological, nuclear and radiological warfare, unmanned aerial vehicle and sophisticated communication equipments.

The panel noted that the status of the forest land granted to SPG by the Rajasthan government was unclear — the State government on one hand said that the land allotted to SPG was a deemed forest, while on other hand it said that as per a committee, it is not a part of deemed forest.

It said that in case the land came under the deemed forest category, it needed forest clearance from the central government before it could be put to non-forestry use.

The committee further added that the proposal will be sent to Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar for approval after the State government submits GPS map citing the status of forest land.

The conditions imposed on SPG include planting of trees in vacant area, establishing check posts at specified intervals to check illegal movement of trucks carrying mining material and paying the cost for establishing a high-tech nursery to develop five lakh seedlings.

“The forest land sought for this project is selected based on strategic ground decided by technical experts. Therefore, the requirement is unavoidable and is bare minimum. Two hundred and twenty six trees are likely to be cut for the purpose, but no rare, endangered or threatened species of flora and fauna are likely to be affected,” the panel said.

Green Nod for SPG Training Centre in Rajasthan -The New Indian Express
Looks like the SPG are raising their own version of the US Secret Service's Hazardous Agent Mitigation Medical Response (HAMMER), the F350 being their vehicle in the US President's Motorcade:

2574510769_94d959e562.jpg

6356399691_e2ddac47c7_b.jpg

I wonder if this means the SPG's PM motorcade is going to get such a vehicle?

Very much needed in this day and age and frankly shameful the setting up of this unit/team has been delayed this long because of such red tape issues.

From the looks of it, India needs to spend more on education.
And this is the education your "special forces" received in order to get their jobs.
150320-world-india-students-cheat-exam-7a_54bf35e2b62f2346656f700316b37057.jpg

Surrender against Taliban? Which Indian media channel did you hear that from! :lol:

Saying this again, you can even compare em to our police.

is that is why pakistani are 50% literate and india is 75% literate

Looks like the SPG are raising their own version of the US Secret Service's Hazardous Agent Mitigation Medical Response (HAMMER), the F350 being their vehicle in the US President's Motorcade:

2574510769_94d959e562.jpg

6356399691_e2ddac47c7_b.jpg

I wonder if this means the SPG's PM motorcade is going to get such a vehicle?

Very much needed in this day and age and frankly shameful the setting up of this unit/team has been delayed this long because of such red tape issues.
but, Hazardous Agent Mitigation Medical Response (HAMMER) is a medical response team for the US precedent, these are doctors not commandos. what SPG is rising is new CT commando unit who are trained in chemical, biological, nuclear and radiological warfare and men trained to operate unmanned aerial vehicle and sophisticated communication equipment.
how anyone can relate the HAMMER and SPG's new AT unit?

but, Hazardous Agent Mitigation Medical Response (HAMMER) is a medical response team for the US precedent, these are doctors not commandos. what SPG is rising is new CT commando unit who are trained in chemical, biological, nuclear and radiological warfare and men trained to operate unmanned aerial vehicle and sophisticated communication equipment.
how anyone can relate the HAMMER and SPG's new AT unit?
The USSS HAMMER team is the closest equivalent I can find to the NBC/CT the SPG is raising. As it stands the SPG, like the USSS, already have a Counter Assault Team (CAT) who both ride in the PM/President's Motorcade and are deployed when they are on foot in (relative) close proximity to them additionally the SPG has an ALS ambulance (that Mercedes Sprinter van) with paramedics and doctors (along with all such relevant medical supplies for the PM like blood) that rides in the PM's motorcade too.

So the team the SPG is raising will be specifically for the NBC threat (again, it's crazy it has taken then this long to get such a capability given the threat to any Indian PM these days). Question is what they will look like i.e. will they be armed similarly to the CAT?

The USSS HAMMER team is the closest equivalent I can find to the NBC/CT the SPG is raising. As it stands the SPG, like the USSS, already have a Counter Assault Team (CAT) who both ride in the PM/President's Motorcade and are deployed when they are on foot in (relative) close proximity to them additionally the SPG has an ALS ambulance (that Mercedes Sprinter van) with paramedics and doctors (along with all such relevant medical supplies for the PM like blood) that rides in the PM's motorcade too.

So the team the SPG is raising will be specifically for the NBC threat (again, it's crazy it has taken then this long to get such a capability given the threat to any Indian PM these days). Question is what they will look like i.e. will they be armed similarly to the CAT?
bro, can you list out the top 10 protection force in this world??.. according to you assessment
i think USSS is no. one. did our spg make it to the list of top 10??

bro, can you list out the top 10 protection force in this world??.. according to you assessment
i think USSS is no. one. did our spg make it to the list of top 10??
It's almost impossible to make such a list for such a niche role.

I would rate the SPG right at the top of any such list though- just a little below the USSS. As the threat to Indian PMs continues to grow along with the SPG's budget I can already see they are going in the direction of the USSS's over the top security i.e. transporting the entire motorcade wherever the POTUS goes (the SPG already do so, albeit on a smaller scale) for the PM's visits to regional nations.

In terms of the training of the individual protective officers and the professionalism of the force the SPG is on par with any such organisation in the world- if not ahead.

It's not fair to judge them by such arbitrary measures but the USSS has been stung by multiple embarrassing incidents in recent years:

Drunk Secret Service agents crash into White House - CNN.com

Secret Service agents disrupted bomb investigation at White House - The Washington Post

Secret Service Agents Booted From Obama's Europe Trip After Drinking

Secret Service agents sent home from Netherlands were warned to avoid trouble - The Washington Post

Report: Secret Service Mistakes Responsible for White House Intruder

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/14/u...-eased-way-for-white-house-intruder.html?_r=0

Secret Service Prostitution Scandal

You won't see many protective agencies in the world that can compete with:

It's almost impossible to make such a list for such a niche role.

I would rate the SPG right at the top of any such list though- just a little below the USSS. As the threat to Indian PMs continues to grow along with the SPG's budget I can already see they are going in the direction of the USSS's over the top security i.e. transporting the entire motorcade wherever the POTUS goes (the SPG already do so, albeit on a smaller scale) for the PM's visits to regional nations.

In terms of the training of the individual protective officers and the professionalism of the force the SPG is on par with any such organisation in the world- if not ahead.

It's not fair to judge them by such arbitrary measures but the USSS has been stung by multiple embarrassing incidents in recent years:

Drunk Secret Service agents crash into White House - CNN.com

Secret Service agents disrupted bomb investigation at White House - The Washington Post

Secret Service Agents Booted From Obama's Europe Trip After Drinking

Secret Service agents sent home from Netherlands were warned to avoid trouble - The Washington Post

Report: Secret Service Mistakes Responsible for White House Intruder

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/14/u...-eased-way-for-white-house-intruder.html?_r=0

Secret Service Prostitution Scandal

You won't see many protective agencies in the world that can compete with:

during recent visit of Obama in india, USSS critisice indian security unit as low intelligent in their test,did they said this as an excuse for deploying in top every high-rise buildings or is that true??. is SPG also in those units US security personals criticize? and why did those personals in SPG are only in service for 3=5 yeras?? why don't they recruit commandos for permanently(in service as long as they are fit for the job)??

Recently, I met a guy from Air force, was in nsg, just got deputed back to his parent force, IAF. He did stints with nsg, rr. Good chap, it was a pleasure knowing him.

I didn't bug him much, I guess a lot of guys here would liked to have asked a lot of questions.

Recently, I met a guy from Air force, was in nsg, just got deputed back to his parent force, IAF. He did stints with nsg, rr. Good chap, it was a pleasure knowing him.

I didn't bug him much, I guess a lot of guys here would liked to have asked a lot of questions.
An IAF guy serving in NSG is not something I've heard of before but you met this guy so who am I to question? But and IAF guy serving in RR?? :o:

This just doesn't make sense. RR is an IA unit, why would IAF personnel be deputed to it?

Anyway, I can't comment on the validity of these claims because you spoke to the guy and not I, I am just very confused by the whole thing.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

An IAF guy serving in NSG is not something I've heard of before but you met this guy so who am I to question? But and IAF guy serving in RR?? :o:

This just doesn't make sense. RR is an IA unit, why would IAF personnel be deputed to it?

Anyway, I can't comment on the validity of these claims because you spoke to the guy and not I, I am just very confused by the whole thing.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

That's what he said. He was from IAF.

He said he got trained at manesar. That should be nsg, no ? I.e. apart from him telling me specifically about having served in nsg, rr in the valley, NE. I made sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom