What's new

Indian Special Forces

Kupwara-Gunfight-Ends.jpg
110.jpg

they are surely PARA SF look at the M4 @GORKHALI
i am pretty sure that RR dont have M4s
correct me if i am wrong if u got some sources
Live video of the encounter between the army and militants in Kupwara December 18, 2014 - YouTube
Shiv Aroor even identifies them as RR.

AFAIK the RR don't have Tavors. I would LOVE to be proven wrong but I am pretty sure these guys are SF.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 16.44.18.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 16.44.18.png
    677.2 KB · Views: 62
Guys yesterday I met an Indian army officer who belonged to counter operation team that reached URA sector after the encounter with the terrorists had ended and he had some really graphic pics of the terrorists on his phone.
One pic had 3 dead terrorists, one of them according to him was killed by sniper bullet and the other 2 bodies were riddled with bullet holes. The last pic he showed was of the 6th terrorist which he said was hiding was killed when he tried to run away.
Only one word of advice,please don't even think to post any graphic picture in this thread and anywhere in this forum as it's against the Forum policies and you may end up getting banned for that:coffee:.

Don't have any pictures....
Just one query: The Officer told me that his task involved crossing the LOC and searching for the terrorists if the URA like situation arises, as the certain area of land after the LOC also comes under Indian Jurisdisction.
Can any member please enumerate about what he was talking about.
Thanks in advance
It could simply be the case what this gentleman was referring to were tasks beyond the Indian LoC fence and before the Pak territory because the Indian fences are 100-200 back from the actual LoC. But then he could be talking about something altogether more clandestine and I wouldn't like to speculate on this....

@Terriblr mate, can you specify what unit this officer was in? Ghatak or SF?

I am sure he was not in SF, cant speculate about Ghatak as we mostly talked about his previous postings. He told me his last two postings were in Punjab( i.e IB) and Sikkim( i.e Nathu la pass).

Sorry but really cant help you, but you are free to deduce his unit.

FYI: He described two interrogation that he was involved in.
In the first instance the terrorist was tied to a tree and hung at a considerable height but he refused to divulge any information and later ate the cyanide capsule that he had in his mouth.
In second instance the terrorist was tied to two separate vehicle( i.e one hand and one leg with one car and the other pair with the next car) and dragged a considerable distance but in the end it turned out to be an instance sleeper cell where he didn't have much knowledge of his superiors but could only tell them that he had been given a considerable amount of money and a house to motivate him to infiltrate India and kill as many soldiers as he can.

Dont go further.

in 2011 Indian and Polish SF Units Train Together at CIJW (Tiger Claw I) Was That polish sf unit was GROM???

Firstly,its 37 RR that has Para Commandos infantry guys.

Secondly,this is the 4th battalion Para SF according to reliable sources.

BRO, it is 31 RR not 37....
that soldier are from 31 RR. 31 RR is a part of parachute regiment.. 31RR use same weapon of para SF...

that soldier holding m4 have a UCP cammo hat.. may be some other SF unit may also be involved in that operation.

Shiv Aroor even identifies them as RR.

AFAIK the RR don't have Tavors. I would LOVE to be proven wrong but I am pretty sure these guys are SF.

in 2011 Indian and Polish SF Units Train Together at CIJW (Tiger Claw I) Was That polish sf unit was GROM???

BRO, it is 31 RR not 37....
that soldier are from 31 RR. 31 RR is a part of parachute regiment.. 31RR use same weapon of para SF...

that soldier holding m4 have a UCP cammo hat.. may be some other SF unit may also be involved in that operation.

Yes,31 RR is Para Commando.
110.jpg

If you look at the 2nd pic closely the guys looking from behind are RR..the team which is moving is SF...4th SF.

Rest is on everyone to speculate.

Last edited:
Yes,31 RR is Para Commando.

If you look at the 2nd pic closely the guys looking from behind are RR..the team which is moving is SF...4th SF.

Rest is on everyone to speculate.

AFAIK they are RR. many SF soldiers serve in RR for more effetive operations, and the equipment used by 31 RR is same as that of para SF... may be that is ajoint operation with SF and RR... i have a strong reason to believe that marcos was also there..

How often our Snipers hit during encounters in J&K?

Snipers are used and they do hit.A Para SF sniper was awarded a bravery award for his actions during the beheading incidents.

AFAIK they are RR. many SF soldiers serve in RR for more effetive operations, and the equipment used by 31 RR is same as that of para SF... may be that is ajoint operation with SF and RR... i have a strong reason to believe that marcos was also there..

Believing is something else...Kashmiris believe Israelis are in Kashmir.

As far as the operation is concerned..RR mostly operates under SF.When SF is called the whole operation command is with the SF and they decide the tactic.It is very common to see RR with PARA SF like Delta works with Rangers.Which is what you can see...SF is moving like a team and the regulars are standing and watching them pass by...They come late as the last option and leave early to avoid publicity.

Marcos are located very far away from Kupwara where the operation took place.

Believing is something else...Kashmiris think Israelis are in Kashmir.

As far as the operation is concerned..RR mostly operates under SF.When SF is called the whole operation command is with the SF and they decide the tactic.It is very common to see RR with PARA SF like Delta works with Rangers.Which is what you can see...SF is moving like a team and the regulars are standing and watching them pass by...They come late as the last option and leave early to avoid publicity.

a soldier serving in 31RR currently serving in baramulla told me that it was 31RR not para SF.... para SF is called in only when the operation become volatile.. otherwise only RR will be called in..now, para SF is commonly used in recon, intel or DA type operations. recently the employment of para SF had change a lot from a special operation capable light infantry type unit to a real SF.
you can see a UCP camo hat... UCP is used by marcos...

marcos regularly do joint operations with para SF.... it don't matter where the base of marcos is situated..

a soldier serving in 31RR currently serving in baramulla told me that it was 31RR not para SF.... para SF is called in only when the operation become volatile.. otherwise only RR will be called in..now, para SF is commonly used in recon, intel or DA type operations. recently the employment of para SF had change a lot from a special operation capable light infantry type unit to a real SF.
you can see a UCP camo hat... UCP is used by marcos...

marcos regularly do joint operations with para SF.... it don't matter where the base of marcos is situated..

UCP camo is used by 10th Para aka Desert Scorpions.Dont assume things.The IA doesnt call Marcos for any sort of help amd joint operations are only conducted near to Srinagar where the Marcos are based.

Isnt the guy carrying MGL wearing CRPF COBRA camo..so according to that logic COBRAs and evern Garuds took part and this was a combined operation?..and the guy with the black dress is NSG?

Rest..i know what the Para SF does.

Btw you say on one hand that PARA SF are not involved..then you say some SF is involved and you 'believe' its MARCOS and then you say your friend is in 31 RR...so why so much assumption about marcos...what did you friend say!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom