What's new

Indian Special Forces

Buddy,the Marcos dont wear uniform and keep beard i agree.The things is that the area of deployment of Marcos is Srinagar only.Now you agree they have rivalry then how can you say they are in 31 RR?Plus the guy carrying M4 and wearing UCP is a not Marcos also because i have never seen Marcos with M4.

Till now only Army SF have M4..Did you see the team leader carrying M4 in Uri operation?

Kupwara and Uri fall under Para SF and Major Mohit Sharma and Capt.Jasrotia among various others have sacrficied their lives there.I would seriously find it hard to believe that a Marcos team will operate in Kupwara dense forests.

So lets agree to disagree.

Regarding the Polish SF...i read in a polish forum that GROM was not involved.I cant find the link but here is the link to another site and you can read the comments below the pics.

i wan't sure that that soldier with M4 is a marcos.as is said i have strong reasons to belive he is marcos. in 2013 there was some report that marcos is inducting trijicon sights... in that pics that sight on m4 looks like a trijicon sights. and also he have a UCP hat.
may be marcos introduce M4......marcos(SBS-advance) uses h&k 416, but no pics are released....

i saw a man post a comment of a page.. he said Para sf and GROM conduct a joint excercise few years back. that is why i ask. the chance for GROM for conducting any training excercise in CIJW is very trim because GROM is a special mission unit they don't need any extensive training in CI or jungle operations.

i wan't sure that that soldier with M4 is a marcos.as is said i have strong reasons to belive he is marcos. in 2013 there was some report that marcos is inducting trijicon sights... in that pics that sight on m4 looks like a trijicon sights. and also he have a UCP hat.
may be marcos introduce M4......marcos(SBS-advance) uses h&k 416, but no pics are released....

i saw a man post a comment of a page.. he said Para sf and GROM conduct a joint excercise few years back. that is why i ask. the chance for GROM for conducting any training excercise in CIJW is very trim because GROM is a special mission unit they don't need any extensive training in CI or jungle operations.

Bro,why so partial with Marcos.When did the Navy sign a deal for M4?A pic of Marcos with M4 would be great.

If you look at the body language of the M4 guy he looks like the team leader and i feel he is the same guy from URI

Para SF have got some M4 after training with US SF.And brother if you look closely he is wearing Army camo and gear just because he is wearing UCP hat doesnt make him a Marcos.

Maybe GROM or maybe some other unit.I am not sure about this.Many Units from around the world come there and everything is kept low profile.

@Abingdonboy

Buddy,i was having a look at the pics again and i wanted to confirm that did Marcos buy M4 after the Para SF started using them coz as far as i know only Para SF use M4..Marcos and Garuds still operate Tavor and AK or Insas..Marcos use MP5 for CQB but army uses M4 and Uzi.
To date I am yet to see any evidence of the MARCOs using the M4.

Bro,why so partial with Marcos.When did the Navy sign a deal for M4?A pic of Marcos with M4 would be great.

If you look at the body language of the M4 guy he looks like the team leader and i feel he is the same guy from URI

Para SF have got some M4 after training with US SF.And brother if you look closely he is wearing Army camo and gear just because he is wearing UCP hat doesnt make him a Marcos.

Maybe GROM or maybe some other unit.I am not sure about this.Many Units from around the world come there and everything is kept low profile.

no, no i'm not partial with marcos .. i know about marcos because of my friend is a marco. actually i am a great admire of special forces. it is said that marcos have M4, but in limited number,same case of H&K 416. i don't think navy will release any pics of marcos with H&K 416 or M4. there is not even a photos of marcos SBS advance. even the existence of the units EOD and SBS made public through social medias by some EX-marcos working in Maritime Asset Security & Training Ltd after 2008 because of the criticism for not not continue the operation after NSG arrived, and performance EOD team(which was not even trained for hostage rescue) in taj is not satisfactory.

all three special forces(garuds, para sf, marcos) do training with US special forces.. even my friend have completed naval special warfare course, Coronado and advance courses.

i am not sure about that M4 guy, that UCP makes me confused. and that that 31RR soldier told me they are not para sf. i can't identify that sight used in that M4 it looks like trijicon sight to me.

bro, if you ask any army soldier they will tell you that UCP is not a good camo i don't think army will be keen to have UCP.. i don't know why marcos uses that, it will be good if they replace UCP with some other good camouflage pattern.

chance for GROM is less.. GROM is not used for CI warfare, they are like delta force of US army. if it was a anti-terrorist, CQB, room intervention training then there is a chance of the being GROM, but it was a CI and jungle warfare training excercise.

10885360_317397035123599_1448557191442383677_n.jpg

para SF

10877799_633787193400112_1601392721_n.jpg

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR, bro, i got it wrong.. that is not UPC cammo.. look at the pic @Unknowncommando posted...
that optical sight looks like M68 Close Combat Optic red dot sight.
and SF start using new type of boots!!!

Yes its not UCP and the M4 plus the standard army gear makes it pretty obvious now that they are Army personnel.

The boots are pretty common with RR guys.Infact you can also buy these for 800-1200 bucks.

Only half the total number of troops are carrying secondary weapon..maybe coz they are interventionists.

those carrying secondary weapons also have knee and elbow pads, flashlights on their weapons, and they don't have BPJ... so they may be a separate team came for room intervention operation.

Nice pics bro but really you need to blur out the faces of the operators without their faces covered. Given these guys' job description their identities need to be protected.
10877799_633787193400112_1601392721_n.jpg

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR, bro, i got it wrong.. that is not UPC cammo.. look at the pic @Unknowncommando posted...
that optical sight looks like M68 Close Combat Optic red dot sight.
and SF start using new type of boots!!!

The boots are pretty commonplace with RR and SF troops these days bro.

bro, which weapon is better for indian condition... m4 or tavor??
IMHO the Tavor. It is a rugged, very accurate and well designed rifle and its "over the beach" capability is truly remarkable and thus very suited to SF operations. The M4/AR-15 has some notorious issues in terms of reliability that, to be fair, have been mostly addressed. From what I know the SF got the M4 mostly for airborne missions as the M4 is lighter and less bulky than the Tavor. Other than that it is up to the SF operators which weapon they want to go for and this is why you see some with the M4 and others (most) with the Tavor.

Is there any Unit of Special forces deployed along Pakistan border? ?
There will be SF teams co-depliyed with helo units along the LoC ready to be called in for direct action missions when infiltrators are detected trying to enter Indian territory.

Buddy,the Marcos dont wear uniform and keep beard i agree.The things is that the area of deployment of Marcos is Srinagar only.Now you agree they have rivalry then how can you say they are in 31 RR?Plus the guy carrying M4 and wearing UCP is a not Marcos also because i have never seen Marcos with M4.

Till now only Army SF have M4..Did you see the team leader carrying M4 in Uri operation?

Kupwara and Uri fall under Para SF and Major Mohit Sharma and Capt.Jasrotia among various others have sacrficied their lives there.I would seriously find it hard to believe that a Marcos team will operate in Kupwara dense forests.

So lets agree to disagree.

Regarding the Polish SF...i read in a polish forum that GROM was not involved.I cant find the link but here is the link to another site and you can read the comments below the pics.

Polish Commandoes Try The Tavor - The Firearm Blog

Marcos saw lots of action in 2002-05 period in Kashmir, so if you are saying they were deployed only in kashmir...was there lots of encounters going on in that area? One of Marco guy told me once(i didnt meet him since then)

He told me that he visited gulf countries too for exercises with respective counterparts. But I hardly see any such in any publications/net.

Marcos saw lots of action in 2002-05 period in Kashmir, so if you are saying they were deployed only in kashmir...was there lots of encounters going on in that area? One of Marco guy told me once(i didnt meet him since then)

He told me that he visited gulf countries too for exercises with respective counterparts. But I hardly see any such in any publications/net.

bro, marcos are deployed in many counters including in African countries for naval intelligence. none of marcos deployment is made public....but no one is going to believe me. because many don't know more about the unit...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom