What's new

Indian Special Forces

apart from those, do u have other special forces in army or navy or airforce ?

ARMY-We have Commandos and they train in a seperate Commando school.Commandos are part of Ghatak company.Every Infantry battalion has a Ghatak Company so they dont have to rely on SF.

Then there are Para Commandos who are infantrymen trained for airborne operations.

Lastly there is Para SF.These are Special Force Operators.They are not just comandos but taught various languages and are educated like an engineer.Their training is a constant process and it takes 2 years for a experienced infantryman to be deployed in field area as a Para SF operator.He trains with either Israelis or US SF regularly and carries some of the best weapons among Asian SF.

Air Force-They have Garuds.Who are trained and equipped very well.It is a newly raised force and has not seen much of field area coz the reason of its birth was to protect airfields.

Navy-They have VBSS teams which is very obvious and they are well trained but lack modern weapons as we can see.

The Navy is gonna raise SPB to the level of something like the Marines in the future.They are well equipped like the Marcos.

Marcos are obviously the most talked about SF coz they were part of 26/11operations.Very well equipped force with a lot of experience from SL war to Gulf of Aden.

Special Units:-

NSG-The most elitie anti hijacking/hostage and anti terror unit comprising of guys from the Army who were mostly Commandos or SF.Very well funded (going to be) and well equipped specially after 26/11 lesson.The best intervention unit in Asia according to me. (Apart from Israel)

Cobra-Anti naxal force experienced in guerrilla warfare.

And various other Police units in every state.

en-news-09114530-encounterkupwar-%281%29.jpg

PARA COMMANDOS
e56691d932d0e2888bafa13a56937b98.jpg

in uri

10570484_318018068394829_3703585505606921244_n.jpg

Operation Cactus : A classic example of assistance to Neighbours in distress.

On 3 Nov 1988, Indian Govt received a distress call from the President of the Republic of Maldives. Indian Govt responded and entrusted the task to 50 (I) Para Bde. The task involved swift planning and execution at a location more than 3000 kms away. The Brigade cracked the primary task of rescuing the President with in 4 hours of its landing and wounded up the whole operation in 16 hours.

In all more than 100 rebels were captured with huge quantities of Arms and Ammunition.

ARMY-We have Commandos and they train in a seperate Commando school.Commandos are part of Ghatak company.Every Infantry battalion has a Ghatak Company so they dont have to rely on SF.

Then there are Para Commandos who are infantrymen trained for airborne operations.

Lastly there is Para SF.These are Special Force Operators.They are not just comandos but taught various languages and are educated like an engineer.Their training is a constant process and it takes 2 years for a experienced infantryman to be deployed in field area as a Para SF operator.He trains with either Israelis or US SF regularly and carries some of the best weapons among Asian SF.

Air Force-They have Garuds.Who are trained and equipped very well.It is a newly raised force and has not seen much of field area coz the reason of its birth was to protect airfields.

Navy-They have VBSS teams which is very obvious and they are well trained but lack modern weapons as we can see.

The Navy is gonna raise SPB to the level of something like the Marines in the future.They are well equipped like the Marcos.

Marcos are obviously the most talked about SF coz they were part of 26/11operations.Very well equipped force with a lot of experience from SL war to Gulf of Aden.

Special Units:-

NSG-The most elitie anti hijacking/hostage and anti terror unit comprising of guys from the Army who were mostly Commandos or SF.Very well funded (going to be) and well equipped specially after 26/11 lesson.The best intervention unit in Asia according to me. (Apart from Israel)

Cobra-Anti naxal force experienced in guerrilla warfare.

And various other Police units in every state.

bro, you forget SFF-SG?? they are the most elite special mission unit...
Squadron Leader Ajay Ahuja's incident is also the reason behind the formation of Garuds...
i would say garuds are not a single unit, it is like a command. there are sub units within the garuds.. this is also same in case of marcos.

10570484_318018068394829_3703585505606921244_n.jpg

Operation Cactus : A classic example of assistance to Neighbours in distress.

On 3 Nov 1988, Indian Govt received a distress call from the President of the Republic of Maldives. Indian Govt responded and entrusted the task to 50 (I) Para Bde. The task involved swift planning and execution at a location more than 3000 kms away. The Brigade cracked the primary task of rescuing the President with in 4 hours of its landing and wounded up the whole operation in 16 hours.

In all more than 100 rebels were captured with huge quantities of Arms and Ammunition.

bro, you forget SFF-SG?? they are the most elite special mission unit...
Squadron Leader Ajay Ahuja's incident is also the reason behind the formation of Garuds...
i would say garuds are not a single unit, it is like a command. there are sub units within the garuds.. this is also same in case of marcos.

SFF is a indo tibetian unit comprising of Para Commandos and Tibetian refugees.They are trained in the foothills of himalayas.They are very secretive and only a few pics of them have emerged.They were part of 1971 war and 1984 operations.

Obviously Gardus,Marcos and Para have sub units.

SFF is a indo tibetian unit comprising of Para Commandos and Tibetian refugees.They are trained in the foothills of himalayas.They are very secretive and only a few pics of them have emerged.They were part of 1971 war and 1984 operations.

Obviously Gardus,Marcos and Para have sub units.

i was talking about SG not just SFF... SG compressing of only SF men and it is the most elite force in india.

garuds and marcos have further sub-units which have different training and purpose.... the difference is similar to that of SEALS and SWCC or USAF United States Air Force Combat Control Teams and Air Force Pararescue... i don't know/think different units like this exist in para SF.

i was talking about SG not just SFF... SG compressing of only SF men and it is the most elite force in india.

garuds and marcos have further sub-units which have different training and purpose.... the difference is similar to that of SEALS and SWCC or USAF United States Air Force Combat Control Teams and Air Force Pararescue... i don't know/think different units like this exist in para SF.

Sg is all Para SF and was active in Kashmir until last decade.It is also known as Vikas Regtt.

Garuds dont have EOD and Amphibious capability.

10678803_1752716771620529_4585838103069052446_n.jpg

He is Brigadier M Kumar from 1 Para SF.... His parent
regiment is AMC (Army Medical Corps). He had
para jumped at the age of 76 at the occasion of
an AMC conference at AMC Centre, Lucknow.

10806232_405600056267782_764127627801418647_n.jpg

anyone watch this program??... i missed it:(:(..

re telecast on Monday 11AM..
10171644_690675594378995_2351819314591336758_n.jpg

Its about the LOC.. so it might be a rerun of the episode from Independence Day this year...

But seriously, those baking gloves need to go -_-
Yeah , you might be right about that bro.

Agree with you about those mittens they wear for fast-roping being outdated and of course there are better products out there. But I remember reading in the Mark Owens (formerly member of Seal team 6) book "no easy day" that they used such mittens as recently as 2011 also.

Found this today... though its quite old but still had some useful information

FYI this video also provides some info about Indian sniper training which personally I have never seen before...

bro, i have all 3 parts of that documentary with me. if you want it i will upload that to you tube...

or you can watch it in here...
वतन के रखवाले : कमांडो यूं दबोच लेते हैं आतंकियों को...
वतन के रखवाले : कैसे तैयार होते हैं स्पेशल फोर्स के कमांडो
वतन के रखवाले : सेना के स्पेशल फोर्स के कमांडो

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom