What's new

Indian Special Forces

Heavy influence of training with the Amreekis and i feel disappointed coz this camo makes no fcking sense with Indian terrain.

But It's good. An improvement.

The addition of ATVs is also good, I can see a leg sticking out of the Ghillie suit on the ATV and that has the same digital camo.

India%20Russia%20Defense_AP4.jpg

Heavy influence of training with the Amreekis and i feel disappointed coz this camo makes no fcking sense with Indian terrain.
An interesting choice indeed, so the PARAs follow the MARCOs in adopting the US UCP. For naval ops the UCP perhaps makes more sense and for desert ops the UCP is far from ideal but at least they're no longer running around in jungle camo in such conditions!

Also the US SFs didn't seem to have much objection to using such camo patterns in Iraq and Afghanistan:

Gutierrez.jpg

SF%20Medic%201.jpg

Special_Forces_02.JPG

Just noticed the guys at 14.10- who demo the CQB are wearing the USMC-style jungle MARPAT camo:

I know this is the special forces thread, but has the Indian government thought about having a special tactical wing of the police akin to the SWAT team?

I know this is the special forces thread, but has the Indian government thought about having a special tactical wing of the police akin to the SWAT team?

I think most states are setting up those mainly to counter terrorism .

The process has got pace after the mumbai attacks .

Most states have such forces. And the cnetral govt has the NSG, see:

These are desert scorpions..i have doubts if the entire Para SF is gonna adopt this camo.
Entire PARA regmt (SF and Airborne) will adopt this camo mate but not as their standard camo, heard this from my ex-PARA uncle. These days all SF btns are cross-trained and can operate in any enviroment. Whilst these guys might be called the desert scorpians it doesn't mean they can't or won't be sent to the jungles 0r mountains to fight nor does it mean they are the only SF btn capable or trained in operating in the deserts- any SF btn could do it so all need this camo (even though it isn't a strictly desert camo)

Most states have such forces. And the cnetral govt has the NSG, see:

Entire PARA regmt (SF and Airborne) will adopt this camo mate but not as their standard camo, heard this from my ex-PARA uncle. These days all SF btns are cross-trained and can operate in any enviroment. Whilst these guys might be called the desert scorpians it doesn't mean they can't or won't be sent to the jungles 0r mountains to fight nor does it mean they are the only SF btn capable or trained in operating in the deserts- any SF btn could do it so all need this camo (even though it isn't a strictly desert camo)

I dont think so.And mate you are very very wrong.

I cant share classified info but do you know out of the many SF battalions only 1 particular battalion which i wont name is deployed in Kashmir.While other Parachute regtts send their troopers to 32 RR but this particular battalion has 120 operators in the valley always ready for action backed by the only Army SF heli squadron 24/7.Any incident and these guys get heli dropped in the area.

You have very casually taken the term Desert Scorpions but it is not the case.Desert Scorpions have been around deserts always.I have never heard of them getting their location changed and being sent to N-E.Similarly i have never heard 21 SF being sent to rajasthan.Or 9 SF being sent to N-E.I dont read the bullshit which gets posted in WIKI and make it my source of knowledge and i would advice you the same and let me tell you that Desert Scorpions aka The 10th battalion Para Commandos SF are the only ones in Rajasthan.So each time there is an excercise in Rajasthan they are the ones taking part and not the 9PAra or 21 Para.It is not feasable for all SF units to practise raids and the one having the expertise since decades cant be sent to high altitude for them to loose all their skill in raids to learn about high altitude warfare and in the process become jack of all trades.

Obviously they train together and have a common school in Nahan but some units have a particular task given.
From where i see it they have a primary task in war and then a secondary task of CI ops.it is written nowhere in the net and which is something i presume seeing their deployment history.

Lastly about the camo.You were earlier pointing out to the OTA camo saying it might be the new camo and now you are saying that this camo would be the new camo..I am really confused.the other day in Dhoni's show i saw the other camo being worn by the operators.

Incase some of you are wondering what Desert Scorpions are;-

Even the Defence Analyst carefully calls them Desert Commandos..and i fail to see how this is possible if any unit can be sent anywhere.

I dont think so.And mate you are very very wrong.

I cant share classified info but do you know out of the many SF battalions only 1 particular battalion which i wont name is deployed in Kashmir.While other Parachute regtts send their troopers to 32 RR but this particular battalion has 120 operators in the valley always ready for action backed by the only Army SF heli squadron 24/7.Any incident and these guys get heli dropped in the area.

You have very casually taken the term Desert Scorpions but it is not the case.Desert Scorpions have been around deserts always.I have never heard of them getting their location changed and being sent to N-E.Similarly i have never heard 21 SF being sent to rajasthan.Or 9 SF being sent to N-E.I dont read the bullshit which gets posted in WIKI and make it my source of knowledge and i would advice you the same and let me tell you that Desert Scorpions aka The 10th battalion Para Commandos SF are the only ones in Rajasthan.So each time there is an excercise in Rajasthan they are the ones taking part and not the 9PAra or 21 Para.It is not feasable for all SF units to practise raids and the one having the expertise since decades cant be sent to high altitude for them to loose all their skill in raids to learn about high altitude warfare and in the process become jack of all trades.

Obviously they train together and have a common school in Nahan but some units have a particular task given.
From where i see it they have a primary task in war and then a secondary task of CI ops.it is written nowhere in the net and which is something i presume seeing their deployment history.

Lastly about the camo.You were earlier pointing out to the OTA camo saying it might be the new camo and now you are saying that this camo would be the new camo..I am really confused.the other day in Dhoni's show i saw the other camo being worn by the operators.
Talking specifically about this camo business the UCP:
ACU_Universal_Camouflage_Pattern.jpg

Is NOT to be the standard camo of the PARAs merely ONE OF their camos.

The standard camo for the PARAs looks like it will be the USMC MARPAT woodland print:

woodland_marpat_seamless_by_signcrafter-d494ifa.jpg

The UCP is an okay choice for urban and deserts but far from ideal for the latter. There must be logic behind their selections but I'd have preferred the above MARPAT woodland camo to be complimented by the MARPAT's desert pattern:

marines-desert-marpat.jpg

Talking specifically about this camo business the UCP:
ACU_Universal_Camouflage_Pattern.jpg

Is NOT to be the standard camo of the PARAs merely ONE OF their camos.

The standard camo for the PARAs looks like it will be the USMC MARPAT woodland print:

woodland_marpat_seamless_by_signcrafter-d494ifa.jpg

The UCP is an okay choice for urban and deserts but far from ideal for the latter. There must be logic behind their selections but I'd have preferred the above MARPAT woodland camo to be complimented by the MARPAT's desert pattern:

marines-desert-marpat.jpg

So only SF will be getting it or the entire Parachute regtt?Or the entire Infantry with Ghataks?

So only SF will be getting it or the entire Parachute regtt?Or the entire Infantry with Ghataks?
Entire PARA regmt. No way are infantry getting UCP, will have to wait and see what camo the F-INSAS brings with it. Can't say for certain about Ghataks- unlikely though, they'll stick to whatever camo the rest of the IA/infantry have.

Back
Top Bottom