What's new

Indian Special Forces

And what if it's an exercise? That's not how T-90, BMPs, and regular IA soldiers will be looking like when they're meeting Pakistan in the Thar desert, if there is a full scale war? How is some images of CT operations representative of a full scale war to you and not an exercise with the Indian army involving T-90s, BMPs, armored recovery vehicle, Chetak/Cheetah scouts, and regular IA soldiers securing an enemy post? It's very much valid. The equipment that I've shown is much more consistent. You will not see regular IA soldiers all of a sudden switch to patka helmets, AKs, etc. The ones wearing those are in CT ops.

The vast majority are going to have those tin can helmets, INSAS rifles, some antique ammo holders, etc. until F-INSAS comes through.

The priority is CI ops right now so all the new equipments go there.Moreover the pics you posted are of a desert terraain and i dont think anyone would like to carry a heavy back pack there.

The entire infantry battalion is not well equipped and only Ghataks and QRTs are well equipped and slowly but steadily they will be equipped.Indian Army is well equipped to take care of any challenge it faces currently and is awaiting upgradation under F-INSAS programme.

Equipping 1.2 million Army is not easy specially on a 40 billion budget..we have to understand this.So the prioroty is CI ops and SF right now.

The priority is CI ops right now so all the new equipments go there.Moreover the pics you posted are of a desert terraain and i dont think anyone would like to carry a heavy back pack there.

It's not even about carrying too much. Give these guys some proper modern helmets, vests at the very least. Not these god knows how old cold war helmets, etc.

Hell, FINSAS is WAY over what I would think they would do.

It's not even about carrying too much. Give these guys some proper modern helmets, vests at the very least. Not these god knows how cold war helmets, etc.

Hell, FINSAS is WAY over what I would think they would do.

I dont think anyone would like to wear a BPJ for an excercise in a desert where real bullets are not gonnna fly.

Giving them proper equipments is not in my or your hands and nor are we ****** rich like the Americans or the Aussies...what we can do is to give the guys decent equipments which gives them an edge over their adversary and equip limited number of troops in a decent way slowly and steadily which we are currently doing.

I dont think anyone would like to wear a BPJ for an excercise in a desert where real bullets are not gonnna fly.

Giving them proper equipments is not in my or your hands and nor are we ****** rich like the Americans or the Aussies...what we can do is to give the guys decent equipments which gives them an edge over their adversary and equip limited number of troops in a decent way slowly and steadily which we are currently doing.

Oh, bullets will fly, shrapnel will fly, etc, etc, etc. Pakistani infantry will be cocked up in their posts. Pakistani infantry will be behind their Al-Khalids, inside their Infantry fighting vehicles, etc.

If bullets aren't flying, all infantry will be running with a tee shirt and their rifle.

Woops, read you wrong. No, they are wearing what they are given, period

Giving them proper equipments is not in my or your hands and nor are we ****** rich like the Americans or the Aussies...

This F-INSAS program is literally trying to take IA soldiers from top 20, to top 5-10 equipped soldiers around the world. Apparently they do have money. A military with no money wouldnt even THINK of something like F-INSAS in that time frame.

Oh, bullets will fly, shrapnel will fly, etc, etc, etc. Pakistani infantry will be cocked up in their posts. Pakistani infantry will be behind their Al-Khalids, inside their Infantry fighting vehicles, etc.

If bullets aren't flying, all infantry will be running with a tee shirt and their rifle.

Maybe they should hire someone like you who is fit enough to carry 30kgs for 40-50 kms in 50 degree celcius heat.

This F-INSAS program is literally trying to take IA soldiers from top 20, to top 5-10 equipped soldiers around the world. Apparently they do have money.

Hope you do understand that the money is being spent on F-INSAS already and hence there is only little upgrades which can be done.Hope you read about the recent tenders for Carbines,ARs and LMGs which are all a part of F-INSAS.

Unfortunately, we dont have a fast food restaurant here and things are gonna take time.So either we can wait or complain in the mean time.

And yeah,Indian soldier right now is not in top 20 equipped soldier nor will he be in top 5 after F-INSAS.

@Water Car Engineer, what @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR says is right. The best kit is going to RR and SFs as these are priority areas for the IA.

It is clear though that by Western/Global standards the Indian Army infantrymen are pretty poorly equipped ON THE WHOLE.

Let's just wait until F-INSAS comes into service, that should address this deficit for all intensive purposes.

Also understand that by 2020-22 India will be spending $100-130 BN USD A YEAR on defence so the picture is only going to get better and better as time passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
nsg-commandos-show-their-skills-on-raising-day.jpg

NSG

nsg-commandos-show-their-skills-on-raising-day.jpg

NSG

Maybe they should hire someone like you who is fit enough to carry 30kgs for 40-50 kms in 50 degree celcius heat.

I rather them invest in proper gear for them, then cold war era garbage.

If US, Saudi, Iraqi, etc, etc can do it, please tell me why Indian soldier cant? Giving them modern ballistic helmets which is probably lighter than those tin cans, this isnt asking much. Matter a fact, they could have done this well BEFORE F-INSAS. Why do you need to wait for everything in F-INSAS to give these soldiers at least modern helmets? These guys use IA soldiers like cannon fodder.

And yeah,Indian soldier right now is not in top 20 equipped soldier not will he be in top 5 after F-INSAS.

Right now, they're not even in the top 10.

I rather them invest in proper gear for them, then cold war era garbage.

If US, Saudi, Iraqi, etc, etc can do it, please tell me why Indian soldier cant? Giving them modern ballistic helmets which is probably lighter than those tin cans, this isnt asking much. Matter a fact, they could have done this well BEFORE F-INSAS. Why do you need to wait for everything in F-INSAS to give these soldiers at least modern helmets? These guys use IA soldiers like cannon fodder.

Right now, they're not even in the top 10.

The US has a budget of 700 billion dollar...Iraq and Afghanistan have a better equipped SF coz of US.Do you think Iraqi or Afghan can match Indian SF in terms of skill,experience and planning?

Money talks man..who wont want the soldiers to be better equipped but we have to wait till 2022.The western Armies are smal in number but better equipped coz they spend more money on every soldier they have.Unfortunately we cant!

All we can do is slowly and steadily equip our 1.2 million Army and this is the reason why even China cut down its Army.

Money talks and India has money. The fact F insas is even thought of means they have, will have the money. India doesn't need to wait till 2022 to equip IA soldiers with ballistic helmets, etc. Iraq, Afghanistan, etc examples are given to the whole stress in hot climates. Their soldiers are wearing proper gear in hot weather. Indians can too.

Money talks and India has money. The fact F insas is even thought of means they have, will have the money. India doesn't need to wait till 2022 to equip IA soldiers with ballistic helmets, etc. Iraq, Afghanistan, etc examples are given to the whole stress in hot climates. Their soldiers are wearing proper gear in hot weather. Indians can too.

And this is what F-INSAS is all about!!!

Back
Top Bottom