What's new

Indian Special Forces

may be Indian army is better equipped than pakistan army but they are not equipped to international level. they are not even equipped for facing the kashmir insurgency. our army(regular infantry) don't even have NVGs for night operations. our army don't have off road vehicles for QR in the case of cross border attack. they don't even have a good optical sights for their rifles(even PA is providing this to their solders).

indian-army.jpg

IA's soldier's equipment is straight up in the cold war.

indian-army.jpg

IA's soldier's equipment is straight up in the cold war.

How about this..

Mapping The LoC: A special series

???? ?? ???????? : ???? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ??? Video: NDTV.com

The thing is most of us have no idea about the important equipments necessary for night fighting and assume that monocular or binocular NVGs look cool and set it as a parameter for observing the night fighting capabilities.

When i asked the same question to a Ghatak guy he said he considered LORES,HHTI more reliable than a NVG.And it makes sense also coz a thermal imager only shows you what you want to see.IA has plenty of HHTI and high quality survellience equipments it needs.

If you are expecting the Indian soldier to be wearing Oakleys and sipping mineral water straight out of his camebak then well all i can say is that we must not forget what our budget is at the end of the day.

Did you see Col Sheoran bullet injury scar on his cheek...my friend who was in Ghatak has a similar injury while fighting a terrrorist 1 on 1 like Col Sheoran...it looks really badass.

Yeah, on a SF like him it just looks pretty cool, if I can say that ;)

Still more to come....BTW any updates on F-INSAS?

The best is still yet to come IMHO ie personal tablets, individual health monitoring, networked operator-worn cameras etc ;)

wrt F-INSAS, same old- an undisclosed IA infantry btn will be trailing much of the F-INSAS personal equipment. Full roll-out should begin within 18 months of the trail's completion. Contrary to certain reports the program looks set to meet the 2025 deadline for full implementation. The latest I heard the IA was still thinking hard on their future camouflage........

The best is still yet to come IMHO ie personal tablets, individual health monitoring, networked operator-worn cameras etc ;)

wrt F-INSAS, same old- an undisclosed IA infantry btn will be trailing much of the F-INSAS personal equipment. Full roll-out should begin within 18 months of the trail's completion. Contrary to certain reports the program looks set to meet the 2025 deadline for full implementation. The latest I heard the IA was still thinking hard on their future camouflage........

I want them to think hard for their camo.Moreover the SF are not under this programme so no worries.Whats going on with the MARCOS upgradation programme?..

Back
Top Bottom