What's new

Indian Special Forces

For the first time in life i had an oppurtunity to interact with a high level official of the IA who served in kashmir about SF and i got the info out of him that Marcos are indeed deployed in Wular lake only.They are doing well there and have 1 team.However he did not share the strength of the team.

Marcos are not part of any IA unit and the IA top brass is impressed by their work however they feel that they are good around water bodies only and nowhere else.

Regarding a question put up by me on Army SF..The top official went on to say that Ghataks are also doing a good job and the Infantry units rarely need Para SF help...However there are units which are trained on specific roles on LOC..details of which were not shared.(IA SF Units)

could you pls share it with us? i'm eager to know that. any details on marcos and paras(SF)?

For the first time in life i had an oppurtunity to interact with a high level official of the IA who served in kashmir about SF and i got the info out of him that Marcos are indeed deployed in Wular lake only.They are doing well there and have 1 team.However he did not share the strength of the team.

Marcos are not part of any IA unit and the IA top brass is impressed by their work however they feel that they are good around water bodies only and nowhere else.

Regarding a question put up by me on Army SF..The top official went on to say that Ghataks are also doing a good job and the Infantry units rarely need Para SF help...However there are units which are trained on specific roles on LOC..details of which were not shared.(IA SF Units)

could you pls share it with us? i'm eager to know that. any details on marcos and paras(SF)?

He didnt share it with me..all he said was that we have well trained SF units which can carry out any type of cross border operation...i think he was pointing towards Para SF.

Did he happen to share with you how PARA (SF) operate in JK? What are their main duties and roles in the valley today?

No...he was very cautious in sharing the details..thatswhy i hardly like to interact with the Officers.However i asked him is the SFF under the Army..to which he said yes.

He didnt share it with me..all he said was that we have well trained SF units which can carry out any type of cross border operation...i think he was pointing towards Para SF.

No...he was very cautious in sharing the details..thatswhy i hardly like to interact with the Officers.However i asked him is the SFF under the Army..to which he said yes.

special frontier force?? how do you know he was pointing towards para sf? we have mainly 4 special forces(army,navy,air force and sff).

Hey COLD,nice to see you man.
By the way,what's the present status of the Ikhwans??Do you see those guys around these days??

Yeah man,I was away for 20 days and i was quoted and mentioned multiple times by guys asking for SOG and Ikhwans.

SOG is a special operations team of the J&K Armed Police.It wont be wrong to call them one of the 3 top Special units in Jammu and Kashmir if you are talking purely about the kills.

Police officers and soldiers used to get trained by the IA in the beginning and they closely work with RR and Para SF.What makes them special is that they are given a lot of freedom to deal with the seperatists which even the Army is not given and since they are locals so i need not say that it is natural for them to not look like the Government forces.

They managed to infiltrate various terrorist groups by being a part of them..infiltration has been to such deep level that we recently came to know about a Inspector who was playing a double game just to get those terrorists who had beheaded Army soldiers in January.

They are rewarded for every kill ranging from 50,000 to lakhs..i dont think surrendered terrorists are part of SOG but they are a part of J&KAP.

Now Ikhwans were supposedly disbanded and i heard tat they dont exist but in 2011 a report came that they are being given support again but i never came to hear about them or see them.

You know mate...everyting in Kashmir is under control by Indian intelligence agencies.They are working day and night just like the ISI...and dont be surprised if 30 years from now you come to hear in a book written by intelligence officials that seperatists are on Indian Intelligence agencies payroll.

special frontier force?? how do you know he was pointing towards para sf? we have mainly 4 special forces(army,navy,air force and sff).

Because we were talking about Army Special Force and he didnt want to name which Para SF unit is given the task.

And come on man..SFF is not a SF and Army wont ever need Garuds and Marcos help in high altitude LOC when Ghataks can do a much better job bcoz Ghataks stay they all round the year and train for the situation.

Because we were talking about Army Special Force and he didnt want to name which Para SF unit is given the task.

And come on man..SFF is not a SF and Army wont ever need Garuds and Marcos help in high altitude LOC when Ghataks can do a much better job bcoz Ghataks stay they all round the year and train for the situation.

sorry i mean sff-sg

Yeah man,I was away for 20 days and i was quoted and mentioned multiple times by guys asking for SOG and Ikhwans.

SOG is a special operations team of the J&K Armed Police.It wont be wrong to call them one of the 3 top Special units in Jammu and Kashmir if you are talking purely about the kills.

Police officers and soldiers used to get trained by the IA in the beginning and they closely work with RR and Para SF.What makes them special is that they are given a lot of freedom to deal with the seperatists which even the Army is not given and since they are locals so i need not say that it is natural for them to not look like the Government forces.

They managed to infiltrate various terrorist groups by being a part of them..infiltration has been to such deep level that we recently came to know about a Inspector who was playing a double game just to get those terrorists who had beheaded Army soldiers in January.

They are rewarded for every kill ranging from 50,000 to lakhs..i dont think surrendered terrorists are part of SOG but they are a part of J&KAP.

Now Ikhwans were supposedly disbanded and i heard tat they dont exist but in 2011 a report came that they are being given support again but i never came to hear about them or see them.

You know mate...everyting in Kashmir is under control by Indian intelligence agencies.They are working day and night just like the ISI...and dont be surprised if 30 years from now you come to hear in a book written by intelligence officials that seperatists are on Indian Intelligence agencies payroll.

may be you are right. IA has more manpower than Marcos and garuds. J&K is army's playground. what i can't agree with you is your comparison of marcos and garuds with ghataks. during the war garuds have to undertake the most daring operations than army sf and marcos.

THANX man,actually it was me who asked those questions.And I think that when it comes to HAW atleast,the Ghataks match the Para SF (including the legendary 9 Para) if not excell them.Correct me if I'm wrong.
And by the way,just like you I also am a great fan of Para SF.Without disrespecting the MARCOS and Garuds,I still think they don't come even close to Paras when it comes to JW and HAW.

And lastly,do you support my view that the Ghataks are atleast on per with the SSG in terms of training and equipment??

may be you are right. IA has more manpower than Marcos and garuds. J&K is army's playground. what i can't agree with you is your comparison of marcos and garuds with ghataks. during the war guards have to undertake the most daring operations than army sf and marcos.

By guards do you mean the Brigade of Guards??Man,I love them;they have the coolest uniform.When I was a kid I wanted to join it some day just because of the uniform!!

By guards do you mean the Brigade of Guards??Man,I love them;they have the coolest uniform.When I was a kid I wanted to join it some day just because of the uniform!!

i mean garuds.

may be you are right. IA has more manpower than Marcos and garuds. J&K is army's playground. what i can't agree with you is your comparison of marcos and garuds with ghataks. during the war garuds have to undertake the most daring operations than army sf and marcos.

You are highly underestimating Ghataks who are responsible for all high altitude operations in Kashmir and over estimating Garuds and Marcos who are nowhere in high altitude operations.

You are highly underestimating Ghataks who are responsible for all high altitude operations in Kashmir and over estimating Garuds and Marcos who are nowhere in high altitude operations.

You've dispread for wks.. Where have you been. Hope everything is all right

THANX man,actually it was me who asked those questions.And I think that when it comes to HAW atleast,the Ghataks match the Para SF (including the legendary 9 Para) if not excell them.Correct me if I'm wrong.
And by the way,just like you I also am a great fan of Para SF.Without disrespecting the MARCOS and Garuds,I still think they don't come even close to Paras when it comes to JW and HAW.

And lastly,do you support my view that the Ghataks are atleast on per with the SSG in terms of training and equipment??

Mostly i agree with you..but i wont call them better than Para SF..but they are very good.SSG is a pretty good SF unit specially after the experience they are getting with taliban...i would rather not compare them and avoid myself the trouble.

The standard of Indian infatryman and his skill is such that its only wise to guess that Ghataks would be lethal.

Ghataks spend 2-3 yrs in Kashmir high altitude forests and its their playgroud...saying that Garuds and Marcos will come out of nowhere and perform better than them is very wrong.

Most of the guys would be surprised to know that in CBS and CIJWS Ghataks outperformed Garuds and Marcos...and where the Para SF has set records which no unit in india has ever come close to.

You've dispread for wks.. Where have you been. Hope everything is all right

Ya mate,i had been to a relatives place...somewhere in a Central Command cantonment of the IA.

Everything is fine mate..Thanks for asking. :tup:

Mostly i agree with you..but i wont call them better than Para SF..but they are very good.SSG is a pretty good SF unit specially after the experience they are getting with taliban...i would rather not compare them and avoid myself the trouble.

The standard of Indian infatryman and his skill is such that its only wise to guess that Ghataks would be lethal.

Ghataks spend 2-3 yrs in Kashmir high altitude forests and its their playgroud...saying that Garuds and Marcos will come out of nowhere and perform better than them is very wrong.

Most of the guys would be surprised to know that in CBS and CIJWS Ghataks outperformed Garuds and Marcos...and where the Para SF has set records which no unit in india has ever come close to.

Agree with highlighted part... part time training on those theaters form Garuda/ Marcos will not make them better than a units spending years in that scenario.

Back
Top Bottom