What's new

Indian Special Forces

Can you tell me is corner shot is in servise with any force in india if yes do u have any pic I heard some where that NSG or Marcos has corner shot but never seen any pic ..

Only pics of it in use are with the Delhi Police SWAT team:

?????? ????? ?? ?????? ??????

Apart from them many police forces are said/known to have it- Mumbai, Karnataka, Punjab, Goa, Hyrayana, etc

On the military side the MARCOs and PARA (SF) are said to have it and I suspect the Garuds do too. The RR either do have it or will get it very soon.

The NSG definetly have it.

Only pics of it in use are with the Delhi Police SWAT team:

?????? ????? ?? ?????? ??????

Apart from them many police forces are said/known to have it- Mumbai, Karnataka, Punjab, Goa, Hyrayana, etc

On the military side the MARCOs and PARA (SF) are said to have it and I suspect the Garuds do too. The RR either do have it or will get it very soon.

The NSG definetly have it.

Ow thanks man don't knw that .. But the link is not proper it shows live ndtv news ;0

which unit is this?
getimage.dll

which unit is this?
getimage.dll
Mumbai PD QRT.
Punjab police swat team trained by israly ? They look mor like American army ;)
I don't know about trained by the Israelis but certainly kitted out by them ;). It wouldn't be a surprise though, FORCE ONE of the Mahrastra police were trained by Elite members of the Israeli Border Guards.

Mumbai PD QRT.

I don't know about trained by the Israelis but certainly kitted out by them ;). It wouldn't be a surprise though, FORCE ONE of the Mahrastra police were trained by Elite members of the Israeli Border Guards.

Yes they are trained by Israeli in phillaur Punjab police academy.. Jalandhar ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Marcos to train in Sunderbans

Jayanta Gupta, TNN | Sep 13, 2013, 03.42 AM IST

KOLKATA: The Indian Navy's marine commandos (Marcos) will carry out amphibious operations at Frasersgunj in the Sunderbans as part of their routine training.

A contingent of the elite commandos has already reached Kolkata and the exercise will be carried out sometime soon, said Navy sources.

Frasersgunj, with its beach and proximity to the estuarine delta, is an ideal location for such exercises, the source added. The Coast Guard is in the process of setting up a base at Frasersgunj and station hovercraft there.

"It is within the Marcos' charter of duties to support amphibious operations including pre-assault ones," an officer said. "The commandos are also trained to conduct surveillance and reconnaissance missions to support naval operations. The commandos are all expert divers and trained to carry out clandestine diving operations. One of their primary roles is combating terrorism in a maritime role. Frasersgunj is an ideal location as it is quite secluded. The commandos will be set different tasks during the exercises. These will involve amphibious landing, clandestine diving and demolition practice," he added.

More importantly, the elite force will get a feel of the Sunderbans, which is considered at risk from infiltrators and terrorists, added a source.

There are so many waterways running through the Sunderbans delta that it is not possible to maintain physical vigil on all movement there. Security experts believe that the threat from terrorists moving in from the sea still remains. With so many vessels passing through the Sunderbans, it may be a route for terror outfits to send in armed men to carry out an attack like that on Mumbai.

"There are several uninhabited islands in the Sunderbans where terrorists can set up base. In the past, some islands have been used by poachers, criminals and pirates who have attacked Indian fishermen. It is a complex landscape and the elite forces need to have a feel of the land. In case of any eventuality, the Marcos are most likely to be called in as it is a marine environment. The commandos played a major role even during the Mumbai terror strike. A major part of their training is kept under wraps. Frasersgunj will be an ideal location where secrecy can be maintained," the officer added.

Elite Marcos to train in Sunderbans - The Times of India

Krav Maga to give Goa Police combative edge
Goa,Crime/Disaster/Accident,Defence/Security, Fri, 13 Sep 2013IANS

Panaji, Sep 13 (IANS) Goa Police have been criticised for their high-handedness, lack of investigative skills and poor human rights record. The police are now banking on Krav Maga, an Israeli street-fighting craft, to add a cutting edge to their combative skills.
A one-day workshop in the martial art was organised by Krav Maga Global (KMG), the group that has also coached the elite Special Protection Group (SPG) that guards the prime minister and some important leaders. This could lead to a bigger action plan aimed at making the state police "tactically, technically, physically and mentally" better, through Krav Maga, a lethal cocktail of several martial arts, wrestling, boxing and street-fighting.
Elroy Vaz, who conducted the training session, said that the Israeli martial art would also help the police force develop "muscle memory", a key ingredient in combat situations.
"Our body has a natural response to situations. How Krav Maga helps is in adding a layer of practised ease to this natural response mechanism," Vaz told IANS.
In a situation where police officers are armed, but shooting is often treated as a last recourse, training in Krav Maga's combat techniques could help in both defensive and offensive situations.
"There are situations where police have to disarm an armed suspect or handcuff a person who is resisting their attempts. Krav Maga has a way out for this," Vaz said.
The session that Vaz conducted was for the anti-terror squad, whose duties range from protecting VIPs to handling extreme law and order situations, among other critical chores.
Goa Police officer D. Gad said Krav Maga could lend a "cutting edge" to the skills learnt in training schools.
"The boys saw it as a very beneficial exercise," he said.
The KMG, headed by Israeli Eyal Yanilov, one of the foremost exponents of the martial art globally, has also trained the elite Indian Navy's marine commandos or MARCOS, best remembered for their anti-terror operation following the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
There are other defence ministry assignments, but Vaz doesn't want to speak about them.

"We are in talks with the Goa Police for sustained training programmes. It is on track. Training the instructors in the police is also crucial because some of the physical drills still practised in the police force are around 20-30 years old," Vaz said.
Krav Maga was developed initially as a close combat (Krav Maga means contact combat in Hebrew) craft used by the Israeli defence forces.
Its endorsement by Hollywood celebrities has given the martial art global exposure.
Some of Daniel Craig's moves in the opening train sequence in the latest James Bond flick "Skyfall" are inspired by the Israeli technique.
The technique also boasts of being the most beneficial in real-life street fighting situations as opposed to other more classical martial arts like karate or taekwondo, which are fought in more sanitised conditions and are bound by rules.

Krav Maga to give Goa Police combative edge

paracommandos and garuds use Pekiti Tirsia Kali in hand-to-hand combat. guys anybody knows about marcos hand-to-hand combat? did they train both Pekiti Tirsia Kali and Krav-Maga, or just Krav-Maga only?

By da way how effective dis Cornor shot system is wrt to indian ops I mean hostage like situation or coin ?

I don't see why it wouldn't be as effective in Indian has a than in Isreali of anyone else's. it is a very specific system for a very specific role, that's about all I can say.

Right- it was 6am bro and I couldn't be bothered to look up their name ;).

Thanks for that mate!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why it wouldn't be as effective in Indian has a than in Isreali of anyone else's. it is a very specific system for a very specific role, that's about all I can say.

Right- it was 6am bro and I couldn't be bothered to look up their name ;).

Thanks for that mate!!

Actully I see very limited role for this system I don't see this system inducted in large number ...

Actully I see very limited role for this system I don't see this system inducted in large number ...

its role is defined in its name. it is useful in corner firing, not that good in straight firing.may be that is why it is in limited number.

Back
Top Bottom