What's new

Indian Special Forces

You mean to say, these personnel deployed around the PM, Sonia, Pranab and others are non-military personnel?

They are not from the AF, Navy or Army.

however Pranab has the PBG which is an Army Unit - looks ceremonial but has operational roles too.

You mean to say, these personnel deployed around the PM, Sonia, Pranab and others are non-military personnel?

they are SPG selected from central police forces, not from military.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The PM of India, their families and Ex-PMs (as well as the Gandhi family did to special circumstances) are protected by the SPG (Special Protection Group) which is a police/civilian unit that recruits from the Central Police Force Units NOT the military.

The SPG:

The president of India is protected by a special squad of the Delhi police. There was talk of him and the Vice Pres getting SPG cover too recently but this is just a proposal as of now. The President's Bodyguard (PBG) is an active military unit of the IA however they do not serve the President of India in any practical basis only in a ceremonial one (think of the Queen of England and the Guardsmen and mounted cavalry of the British Army). As I said his close protection is handled by a police team.

Last edited by a moderator:
1239576_369190673214079_482154192_n.jpg

There are only 3 Indian SFs.

And that MARCOs pic isn't even of a MARCO.

yes i was knowing that sir someone would say it i know he is not marco he is spb soldier (sagar prahari bal)but there is no big difference betn them and marcos so u suggest me a marco pic with same pose like other commandos.
and one more thing i know there are only 3 military sfs but i included all for this pic.
So u guys suggest me pics what corrections and changes should be done so i will do it.

yes i was knowing that sir someone would say it i know he is not marco he is spb soldier (sagar prahari bal)but there is no big difference betn them and marcos so u suggest me a marco pic with same pose like other commandos.
and one more thing i know there are only 3 military sfs but i included all for this pic.
So u guys suggest me pics what corrections and changes should be done so i will do it.

Just use commando ...;)

Hahaha I was abt to post that my self and abingdonboy is not belive they r marcos rather spb may be ...
I think cobra is a commando force of crpf not even from army

bro i know all these things then why SPG COBRA AND NSG pics are posted on this thread though they are not military sfs.
abhi jane bhi doo yaroo koi bada problem nahi hai !!!!

Just use commando ...;)

i said pic bro pic i was not having a marco pic with sssssssaaaaaaaammmmmeeeeeee pose suggest me pic.:undecided:

bro i know all these things then why SPG COBRA AND NSG pics are posted on this thread though they are not military sfs.
abhi jane bhi doo yaroo koi bada problem nahi hai !!!!

i said pic bro pic i was not having a marco pic with sssssssaaaaaaaammmmmeeeeeee pose suggest me pic.:undecided:

I am from I pad why don't u use legendary pic of Marcos ... Bit old but will do

Hahaha I was abt to post that my self and abingdonboy is not belive they r marcos rather spb may be ...
I think cobra is a commando force of crpf not even from army
You're right- COBRA are from the CRPF, they have nothing to do with the IA other than some training but they are 100% made up of CRPF men.

Fair enough bro. Maybe a better title would be "Special Units of India?"

For the Garuds I'd go for this pic:

Aero+India+2013+234.JPG

Or:

DSC00075.JPG

You're right it is incriedbly hard to find such a pic of MARCOs as they don't get anything like the exposure the PARA (SF) or even the GARUDs now get. But maybe one of these?

vksl0809-767299.jpg

Or:

article-2177847-142F7556000005DC-629_470x725.jpg

You're right- COBRA are from the CRPF, they have nothing to do with the IA other than some training but they are 100% made up of CRPF men.

Fair enough bro. Maybe a better title would be "Special Units of India?"

For the Garuds I'd go for this pic:

Aero+India+2013+234.JPG

Or:

DSC00075.JPG

You're right it is incriedbly hard to find such a pic of MARCOs as they don't get anything like the exposure the PARA (SF) or even the GARUDs now get. But maybe one of these?

vksl0809-767299.jpg

Or:

article-2177847-142F7556000005DC-629_470x725.jpg

Yep talking abt this pic of marcos

Back
Top Bottom