What's new

Indian Special Forces

1146782_486450421445808_11823460_o.jpg

Dude,dont comment for the sake of commenting.If you dont have an idea its sometimes better to sit quiet and observe.

Army has a permanent seat in the school at kochi moreover Divers are trained in nahan too.

According to you...

Army SF doesnt have combat divers...GREAT! :tup:

Army SF is guniea pig for experiement which shed blood to share experience with Marcos and Garuds.

MARCOS and GARUDS are trained by ARMY SF...AWESOME!

Rejection rate is high in MARCOS coz a Marcos wannabe has 0 experience while a ARMY SF wannabe is a GHATAK,ex NSG or a Jawan who is the best in his Infantry unit which has seen combat.He knows what combat is and how to lay ambush,patrol and kill..Get this thing in your mind.

All of you are good in presuming things and writing big dialogue i swear....Let me make things simpler for everyone.

If MARCOS are traine in HAWS why are they not deployed in High Altitude?..Cmon dont give me the crap that they are deployed in Kashmir..Wular Lake is not an high altitude.

Marcos have never been praised by the Army for special operation...KINDLY PROVIDE A LINK AS I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE LYING HERE TO PROVE A POINT.

And according to your logic...If i am a cricket fan and Tendulkar "shares his experience" with me then i become Tendulkar is simply mind blowing.Which means a unit which has seen actual combat and learnt from their casualties is nothing coz it is "sharing experience" with other units sitting comfortably in Andaman and Goa.

Then dude i think Marcos is even superior to SEALS coz Marcos even train with SEALS and NSG is superior to GIGN...great logic.

An Army SF operator serves from Siachin to Thar desert..From Andaman beaches to North East jungles.He spends his tenure from NSG to SG in SFF where no Garud and MArcos can ever make it except in your dreams which unfortunately are not backed up by any links or pics.

Just because Seals rule in USA doesnt mean the story is same in India.Seals are involved in operation in Afghanistan where they are deployed nowhere near the water...Marcos are never deployed away from the water.

Seal are US SFs number 1 unit for combat..ARMY SF is India's no 1 unit.You name any operation in the last 60 years where Marcos have been called first...and yeah i know you would come to this so let me inform you that in 26/11 also the GOC of the Army div was contacted for Army SF which were not present in Mumbai and then only did the GOC recommend Marcos for that operation.

Marcos do not even have 1/10 of the kills that Para SF or Ghataks have.

bro, you terribly misunderstand me. i didn't say army SF don't have any divers, and i never say army SF is an experimental thing for MARCOS and GUARDS.

rejection rate is high because it is recruting best men. army men is not avengers they are very much like personals in navy. both are trained in NDA and other training institutions of indian military.

the special forces of india is recruiting men in their early 20s so both(army SF and MARCOS) don't have much experiences in field when they are recruited, what makes them special is their training. Ambushes and other techniques are not in the bloods of Army sf they know this because of their training, the very training is also given to the MARCOS and Guards these techniques are common to all special forces (if they don't know these then they are not special forces) . army special forces training school in nahan is not only for army, it is for MARCOS, GUARDS and some paramilitary forces too.

kashmir is army's fort navy's role in kashmir is very limited. marcos are mainly deployed in Wular Lake because they have an unprecedented amphibious capability that nobody can give. We don't know if marcos is doing any operations in high altitude areas, if not there is nothing to be surprise because there is army SF to do that job and army SF is larger than marcos (with only up to 80 men deployed in kashmir). marcos are conducting CT operations with army sf. if regular army has the capability better than marcos then why should army SF allow macros to operate with them?

BUDS training of SEALs is replicated in marcos training in navy's Naval Special Warfare Tactical Training Centre in mumbai which is one of the most toughest in the world. the basic training of marcos that lasts six month is BUDS training.

if marcos is not better than regular army personnel then why india deployed marcos to rescue the ships captured by pirates in indian ocean. and why marcos are deployed in kashmir when marcos have other roles in indian ocean. marcos are understaffed because of their toughest selection process.

by "shares experience" i mean is sharing their ideas and techniques they used in the field. this is what done in joint training exercise. the skilled men is selected from others is called selection process. the toughest selection will result in better the quality of men and unit and marcos have the toughest selection process in india.

bro, i m not like those who are just lying here to prove a point. i join this forum only to know more about special forces not to prove anything. i understand that you have far better knowledge than me on army SF and SFF, one thing i want to say is i have better knowledge on macros than you and i have friends in navy and one of them is trying to join the marcos. they all share with me about what they know about special forces.

i will definitely post the link to blog of ret. indian army personnels as soon as i get it, it was awhile ago i read that in internet.

bro, you terribly misunderstand me. i didn't say army SF don't have any divers, and i never say army SF is an experimental thing for MARCOS and GUARDS.

rejection rate is high because it is recruting best men. army men is not avengers they are very much like personals in navy. both are trained in NDA and other training institutions of indian military.

the special forces of india is recruiting men in their early 20s so both(army SF and MARCOS) don't have much experiences in field when they are recruited, what makes them special is their training. Ambushes and other techniques are not in the bloods of Army sf they know this because of their training, the very training is also given to the MARCOS and Guards these techniques are common to all special forces (if they don't know these then they are not special forces) . army special forces training school in nahan is not only for army, it is for MARCOS, GUARDS and some paramilitary forces too.

kashmir is army's fort navy's role in kashmir is very limited. marcos are mainly deployed in Wular Lake because they have an unprecedented amphibious capability that nobody can give. We don't know if marcos is doing any operations in high altitude areas, if not there is nothing to be surprise because there is army SF to do that job and army SF is larger than marcos (with only up to 80 men deployed in kashmir). marcos are conducting CT operations with army sf. if regular army has the capability better than marcos then why should army SF allow macros to operate with them?

BUDS training of SEALs is replicated in marcos training in navy's Naval Special Warfare Tactical Training Centre in mumbai which is one of the most toughest in the world. the basic training of marcos that lasts six month is BUDS training.

if marcos is not better than regular army personnel then why india deployed marcos to rescue the ships captured by pirates in indian ocean. and why marcos are deployed in kashmir when marcos have other roles in indian ocean. marcos are understaffed because of their toughest selection process.

by "shares experience" i mean is sharing their ideas and techniques they used in the field. this is what done in joint training exercise. the skilled men is selected from others is called selection process. the toughest selection will result in better the quality of men and unit and marcos have the toughest selection process in india.

bro, i m not like those who are just lying here to prove a point. i join this forum only to know more about special forces not to prove anything. i understand that you have far better knowledge than me on army SF and SFF, one thing i want to say is i have better knowledge on macros than you and i have friends in navy and one of them is trying to join the marcos. they all share with me about what they know about special forces.

i will definitely post the link to blog of ret. indian army personnels as soon as i get it, it was awhile ago i read that in internet.

Bro,i didnt mean to disrespect you or something but i am very irritated by people claiming unimaginable things like Army seeking MARCOS help and MARCOS being part of units which only Army SF is a part of.I am here for my thirst of knowledge on SF and not for proving that i am the best informed.In real life my field is Aviation but i hardly comment on Aviation related tropics here because i am here for the SF and i will be thankful to anyone who educates me on this.

Now comming to the point...Firstly what i was trying to say was that only Infantry soldiers can volunteer for SF.Only those infantry soldiers who are the BEST in their unit.And then they are sent to their command where they compete with other best infantrymen from other units.The best of the best infantrymen are then sent for probation..You getting my point?..How can you compare the best of the best infantrmen that the Army has to offer who has had combat in RR and other posting to a sailor of the Indian Navy or a VBSS team operator with no real life action.This is where the difference starts....Let me give you an example if you still dont get my point...If i have to make a MOTO GP biker race F1 the conversion would not take more than a few weeks or months..but if i have to make you an F1 driver it would take years.

Next point i didnt mean to say infantry units are better than Marcos.But what i said was like Marcos are good for ops near water likewise Gorkhas are excellent fighters in mountains and jungle.So if we give specalise training to them also they can also be a special unit.I mean we can convert a few gorkha units into Para Infantry.(not SF)

What angers me the most is that Army SF is over burdened in Kashmir and N-E and Garuds and Marcos can help the Army SF.The process to be the best will only start once you are actively involved in combat.Wearing digi camo and posing wont help anyone.

I dont have relatives in Army SF that i support them but consider this..An Army SF operator in his life will serve from Kashmir to Rajashtani deserts and N-E tropical jungles.He is an experienced campaigner who can be a combat diver and can go to serve in NSG and SG of the SFF.He would have experience that only other such units in India would be dream of.His officers would be the best and most experienced in the country who would have tremendous experience in leading SF operators in Special missions which other forces wont have.His buddies in his units would even have more kills than him.Other units in his elite SF brotherhood would be competing for the kills.Even if you take 1 SF unit with the entire MARCOS you would get more experience in the Army SF unit than the entire Marcos...Like for example 1st battalion the Para regtt has more experience than entire Marcos and Garuds combined despite it having 800 men...and we all know what wonders 9 Para has done in Kashmir so better not compare such highly reputed units to a non experienced force.

If you still doubt the above paragraph then go to youtube and watch Col Sheoran's interview who by the way is from Army SF and commnder of NSG 51 SAG at the time of 26/11 to the Marcos commander in the very same operation...you would realise you are comparing apples and oranges moreoever compare NSG drills with MArcos drills in the same operation to find out about the skills too.

Bro,i didnt mean to disrespect you or something but i am very irritated by people claiming unimaginable things like Army seeking MARCOS help and MARCOS being part of units which only Army SF is a part of.I am here for my thirst of knowledge on SF and not for proving that i am the best informed.In real life my field is Aviation but i hardly comment on Aviation related tropics here because i am here for the SF and i will be thankful to anyone who educates me on this.

Now comming to the point...Firstly what i was trying to say was that only Infantry soldiers can volunteer for SF.Only those infantry soldiers who are the BEST in their unit.And then they are sent to their command where they compete with other best infantrymen from other units.The best of the best infantrymen are then sent for probation..You getting my point?..How can you compare the best of the best infantrmen that the Army has to offer who has have combat in RR and other posting to a sailor of the Indian Navy or a VBSS team operator with no real life action.This is where the difference starts....Let me give you an example if you still dont get my point...If i have to make a MOTO GP biker race F1 the conversion would not take more than a few weeks or months..but if i have to make you an F1 driver it would take years.

Next point i didnt mean to say infantry units are better than Marcos.But what i said was like Marcos are good for ops near water likewise Gorkhas are excellent fighters in mountains and jungle.So if we give specalise training to them also they can also be a special unit.I mean we can convert a few gorkha units into Para Infantry.(not SF)

What angers me the most is that Army SF is over burdened in Kashmir and N-E and Garuds and Marcos can help the Army SF.The process to be the best will only start once you are actively involved in combat.Wearing digi camo and posing wont help anyone.

I dont have relatives in Army SF that i support them but consider this..An Army SF operator in his life will serve from Kashmir to Rajashtani deserts and N-E tropical jungles.He is an experienced campaigner who can be a combat diver and can go to serve in NSG and SG of the SFF.He would have experience that only other such units in India would be dream of.His officers would be the best and most experienced in the country who would have tremendous experience in leading SF operators in Special missions which other forces wont have.His buddies in his units would even have more kills than him.Other units in his elite SF brotherhood would be competing for the kills.Even if you take 1 SF unit with the entire MARCOS you would get more experience in the Army SF unit than the entire Marcos...Like for example 1st battalion the Para regtt has more experience than entire Marcos and Garuds combined despite it having 800 men...and we all know what wonders 9 Para has done in Kashmir so better not compare such highly reputed units to a non experienced force.

If you still doubt the above paragraph then go to youtube and watch Col Sheoran's interview who by the way is from Army SF and commnder of NSG 51 SAG at the time of 26/11 to the Marcos commander in the very same operation...you would realise you are comparing apples and oranges moreoever compare NSG drills with MArcos drills in the same operation to find out about the skills too.

Ignore the bugger, he's trying to derail the thread.

Now comming to the point...Firstly what i was trying to say was that only Infantry soldiers can volunteer for SF.Only those infantry soldiers who are the BEST in their unit.And then they are sent to their command where they compete with other best infantrymen from other units.The best of the best infantrymen are then sent for probation..You getting my point?..How can you compare the best of the best infantrmen that the Army has to offer who has have combat in RR and other posting to a sailor of the Indian Navy or a VBSS team operator with no real life action.This is where the difference starts....Let me give you an example if you still dont get my point...If i have to make a MOTO GP biker race F1 the conversion would not take more than a few weeks or months..but if i have to make you an F1 driver it would take years.

I dont have relatives in Army SF that i support them but consider this..An Army SF operator in his life will serve from Kashmir to Rajashtani deserts and N-E tropical jungles.He is an experienced campaigner who can be a combat diver and can go to serve in NSG and SG of the SFF.He would have experience that only other such units in India would be dream of.His officers would be the best and most experienced in the country who would have tremendous experience in leading SF operators in Special missions which other forces wont have.His buddies in his units would even have more kills than him.Other units in his elite SF brotherhood would be competing for the kills.Even if you take 1 SF unit with the entire MARCOS you would get more experience in the Army SF unit than the entire Marcos...Like for example 1st battalion the Para regtt has more experience than entire Marcos and Garuds combined despite it haveing 800 men.

Gorkhas are the best men in mountain warfare, that is why indian and british army recruits them, they will outperform any special forces personals from other parts of country in mountain warfare. indian army has a desert warfare school in rajasthan, Garuds and MARCOS are also trained there.

paracommands(SF) personals are recruited from all the branches of army but majority is from infantry unit.

bro, i agree that army has more experience in land warfare, but my point is army SF, GUARDS and MARCOS are trained in the same army's schools and get the same training in land warfare, marcos in addition to this is trained in INS abhimanyu for naval special warfare, which is special operations in marine environment, and some QCB.

Gorkhas are the best men in mountain warfare, that is why indian and british army recruits them, they will outperform any special forces personals from other parts of country in mountain warfare. indian army has a desert warfare school in rajasthan, Garuds and MARCOS are also trained there.

paracommands(SF) personals are recruited from all the branches of army but majority is from infantry unit.

bro, i agree that army has more experience in land warfare, but my point is army SF, GUARDS and MARCOS are trained in the same army's schools and get the same training in land warfare, marcos in addition to this is trained in INS abhimanyu for naval special warfare, which is special operations in marine environment, and some QCB.

AFAIK SF men come from Infantry only but Para regtt men come from all over the Army.

Bro,training can lead you upto a point.After that your experience counts and this is what i feel..feel free to disagee

He should look at his SF , won't have much energy left then. :rofl:

what is your point? i was just comparing army's and navy's special forces. first you have to understand that and then commend.
this thread is for discussing about indian special forces.

what is your point? i was just comparing army's and navy's special forces. first you have to understand that and then commend.
this thread is for discussing about indian special forces.

Yeah I know, inhe zyada badava mat do. They'll troll over every little pic go to pages 140 - 160 to understand.

AFAIK SF men come from Infantry only but Para regtt men come from all over the Army.

Bro,training can lead you upto a point.After that your experience counts and this is what i feel..feel free to disagee

bro, pls understand me. i'm saying what i know, i get info on marcos from my friends in navy. i am here not to prove or agree/disagree anything, just like you i join this forum only to know about special forces. what makes me angry this:

Rejection rate is high in MARCOS coz a Marcos wannabe has 0 experience while a ARMY SF wannabe is a GHATAK,ex NSG or a Jawan who is the best in his Infantry unit which has seen combat.He knows what combat is and how to lay ambush,patrol and kill..Get this thing in your mind.

bro, pls understand me. i'm saying what i know, i get info on marcos from my friends in navy. i am here not to prove or agree/disagree anything, just like you i join this forum only to know about special forces. what makes me angry this:

Why you angry?..Those are the facts.My friend in Ghatak who wants to join SF has been part of 5 operations and 2 among them were top secret...Does any Marcos operator have that experience in last 2 years?

Moreover kindly share more info on Marcos like what we dont know as i am interested in knowing more on them..No imaginary things but.

Why you angry?..Those are the facts.My friend in Ghatak who wants to join SF has been part of 5 operations and 2 among them were top secret...Does any Marcos operator have that experience in last 2 years?

Moreover kindly share more info on Marcos like what we dont know as i am interested in knowing more on them..No imaginary things but.

what makes me angry is when you said high rejection rate of marcos is due to 0 experience. marcos training is modeled by SEALs,
a navy personal wants to join can have a conditioning courses(for preparing to face selection process) and a Q course (qualification course must for every applicant) after this selection process and training begins.

marcos operation in kashmir is kept secret by navy, all i know is they are actively engaged in CI and covert operation.

bro, if you don't have any friends in army then just like others you will believe that army do not conduct any covert operations in J&K, and if you have friends in marcos then you will understand what kind of operation marcos is doing in kashmir.

what makes me angry is when you said high rejection rate of marcos is due to 0 experience. marcos training is modeled by SEALs,
a navy personal wants to join can have a conditioning courses(for preparing to face selection process) and a Q course (qualification course must for every applicant) after this selection process and training begins.

marcos operation in kashmir is kept secret by navy, all i know is they are actively engaged in CI and covert operation.

bro, if you don't have any friends in army then just like others you will believe that army do not conduct any covert operations in J&K, and if you have friends in marcos then you will understand what kind of operation marcos is doing in kashmir.

The high training time of 2 years is to make a inexperienced skillless sailor into a SF operator.PARA SF trains elite soldiers in 6 months.

My dad used to be a commander of RR in the 90s when the terrorism was at peak...i have friends my age serving in RR currently and my brother has served in SOG...i have been in every district of Kashmir.I have escaped bullets on 3 occasions at an age of 24....and you tell me sitting in Kerala that there is still a secret place left in the state(to which i belong to) where Marcos operate and a secret unit of which i have no idea of having been spent 20 yrs of my life in Army cantonments..

There is a limit on how much you can lie to prove your fav SF is doing wonders and you have crossed all such limits...There is no where else Marcos are deployed except in Wular lake.Para SF,RR and SOG are the only units active...and Marcos are not a part of them...Cmon man i have heard this bullshit of Marcos in secret operation and being part of SG too much now.It comes from the types of those who had rated Marcos NO 1 SF for 26/11..i am seriously not interested in these fake stories anymore.

Back
Top Bottom