What's new

Indian Special Forces

Ok, but in this case, where the areas cannot be accessed by land, how is the NDMA supposed to help/evacuate with out aircraft?

Yes in this case we need extra help from army and air force, but what we are experiencing is that the entire responsibility is on their shoulders, if we had a good disaster management team with resources and manpower they could have handled 50%-70% work and forces can help where ever it is needed.

India got one " NDMA" ..nothing much on ground though. every country has a disaster management team, they are the ones who handle it primarily, military is called only when required.here in India our disaster management is almost non existing or non functional so here we call for army whether it's to save a child from a farewell or to rebuild a bridge for commonwealth games.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Letters to the Editor

This is nonsense. The NDMA has the NDRF which is their operational diaster response force. But these guys can't be everywhere, their size is <1% of the IA's so naturally the IA is going to be on the scene speedier and in larger numbers in certain disasters. The NDRF is spread out across the country and they have not deployed their entire force (10,000) to this Uttarakhand effort as there are many other locations they need to and are covering ie NCR, Mumbai, JK etc.

Basically the NDRF is too small, doesn't have the powers to requisition its own a/c and their existence is pretty much unknown by 99% of the Indian population. Have no doubt though that the NDRF is a very well trained, organised and equipped disaster response force.

They are expanding but they are still in their infancy so it will take time for them to get to the optimum.

Hey Guys,I just saw this video on youtube where you can clearly see the SOG(elite unit of JKAP) personnels fighting against the terrorists..and also Tavor(if i am not mistaken)

[video]http://www.timesnow.tv/videoshow/4430513.cms[/video]

I know this is a SF thread but i thinks its the only worthy thread to post this.

Hey Guys,I just saw this video on youtube where you can clearly see the SOG(elite unit of JKAP) personnels fighting against the terrorists..and also Tavor(if i am not mistaken)

I know this is a SF thread but i thinks its the only worthy thread to post this.

Mate which part do you see SOG and Tavors? I watched the entire thing and didn't see the Tavor.

where is Tavor?

Mate which part do you see SOG and Tavors? I watched the entire thing and didn't see the Tavor.

where is Tavor?

The guys in civil clothes must be SOG.

And here is the pic of what i though looked like a Tavor

gal2.jpg

it is a tavor i hav watched the entire story on diff channels there u can easily point out the grip of the rifle and it is of a tavor's only.

ajj tak n ht group hav som good footage wating for the pics to come in

Thanks for confirming it buddy...Now my question is that the group of soldiers belong to the Police(can be SOG)..so how come the SOG has Tavor?

Don't know if posted earlier .

HSL To Build Four Mini-Submarines For MARCOS

In another noteworthy development, Vizag-based Hindustan Shipyards Ltd has bagged the contract for building four 500-tonne mini-submarines, which were designed back in the previous decade by Larsen & Toubro. The mini-submarines, to be delivered in the latter half of this decade, will be used exclusively by the Indian Navy&#8217;s MARCOS. The combat management systems have been designed and built by TATA Power SED, while Riva Calzoni will be supplying the periscopes and other masts that will host a SATCOM communications systems and LPI navigation radar. The sonar suite is likely to be supplied by ATLAS Elektronik.

TRISHUL: BrahMos-1 ASCM Being Fired From INS Tarkash On May 22; Indian Navy And NDMA To Receive 12 ShinMaywa Industries-Built SS-3 Amphibians; HSL To Build Four Mini-Submarines For MARCOS; BEML-TATRA To Resume Deliveries Of T815 Heavy-Duty Trucks

Back
Top Bottom