What's new

Indian Special Forces

Nope... the so called mango type rounds are/were in negotiations..and nothing about joint manufacture of manufacturing but delivery of those rounds... the deals was for:

The only JV was for smerch ammo... not sure if it went through or not..

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...-IGQBw&usg=AFQjCNH2isJlLfYPsa_acgIgIClXusy_jg

My last post to your off topic posts, this is from that forum link that you posted earlier which clearly says mango rounds to be supplied and manufactured in India.

Russia to deliver arms & ammunition worth $1 billion to India in 2012 - 2013

Russia is nearing a deal with India on manufacture and delivery of advanced tank ammunition, Rosoboronexport, a state-run arms exporter, said on Friday.

“The first round of negotiations on the delivery of 3UBK20 (Mango) tank ammunition has been completed and the second round - on its licensed manufacture in India - will start on Monday,” company deputy head Igor Sevastyanov said.

He did not specify the volume of deliveries, only saying it was “big.”

Russia has already started building a joint venture in India to manufacture rockets for Smerch multiple rocket launch systems, he said.

Another Rosoboronexport official, Viktor Komardin, earlier said Russian arms sales to India could be worth an estimated $3 billion a year.

GSLVMK2_Devlpmnt.jpg

LVM3_subsystems.jpg

COAS's bodyguard:

999015_139916299538341_901941052_n.jpg

Will say it again- using PARA (SF) for this role is overkill and a complete waste of these operators' talents. MPs should get training from the NSG/SF and do this job.

+ did learn though that for most of these SFs, this stint as a BG for the COAS, is the last tasking before they retire. Hence there's no real issue with having their pics taken and the like.

Just saw a interview with an IA Lt Gen who said PARA SF/Airborne have been used to rescue survivors in the most remote and isolated locations where road transport is non-existent. He said Paratroopers (Airborne not SF in this case I'm guessing) para-jumped from helos into one of these locations as fast-roping/slithering was not possible. And then these Paratroopers will be carrying the civilians on their backs (along with their gear) to a safe(r) LZ just- :woot:

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

In another incident Paratroopers rescued ~70 semi-conscious survivors from the middle of a river and got them MEDIVAC'd to a hospital.

Proud to have a family member who has served in the PARAs.

All these rescue workers- CAPFs,IA, IAF, NDRF etc all deserve more than they will get. My are the epitome of unsung heroes. A thankless job indeed. SALUTE!

it's good that army and air force is helping, but it's our fault that we don't have a capable enough body to take care of disasters like this.Army often stated that it's not their job to do, but without alternatives they don't have a choice.

it's good that army and air force is helping, but it's our fault that we don't have a capable enough body to take care of disasters like this.Army often stated that it's not their job to do, but without alternatives they don't have a choice.

Who else should deal with disasters on such a scale? In almost every country, the military is used to provide help... I mean I can hardly think of any emergency services which have their own air lifters and enough helos.

Who else should deal with disasters on such a scale? In almost every country, the military is used to provide help... I mean I can hardly think of any emergency services which have their own air lifters and enough helos.

India got one " NDMA" ..nothing much on ground though. every country has a disaster management team, they are the ones who handle it primarily, military is called only when required.here in India our disaster management is almost non existing or non functional so here we call for army whether it's to save a child from a farewell or to rebuild a bridge for commonwealth games.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Letters to the Editor

India got one " NDMA" ..nothing much on ground though. every country has a disaster management team, they are the ones who handle it primarily, military is called only when required.here in India our disaster management is almost non existing or non functional so here we call for army whether it's to save a child from a farewell or to rebuild a bridge for commonwealth games.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Letters to the Editor

Ok, but in this case, where the areas cannot be accessed by land, how is the NDMA supposed to help/evacuate with out aircraft?

Back
Top Bottom