Central Reserve Police Force COBRAs
pz3I8.jpg

Some "older" pics:

article-2177847-142F756F000005DC-121_470x725.jpg

Tavors+of+Indian+Navy.JPG

bnbvnbvnb.jpg

SRnxd.jpg

article-2177847-142FA4EF000005DC-201_964x1651.jpg

You mean that they are from the SSB?? How do you know that?

Yes I mean SPB. I am reliably informed of this. Not to mention the first pic was snapped by Prasun K Segupta who spoke to the group and they identified themselves as SPB.

+ do you really think that the MARCOs would be deployed, faces uncovered, to protect a warship at its commissioning when this is entirely the SPB's job??!! It would be the first time in history the MARCOs had been utilised in this way and why for a P-17 induction? What was so special about this commissioning that it required MARCOs to pull guard duty?

Yes I mean SPB. I am reliably informed of this. Not to mention the first pic was snapped by Prasun K Segupta who spoke to the group and they identified themselves as SPB.

+ do you really think that the MARCOs would be deployed, faces uncovered, to protect a warship at its commissioning when this is entirely the SPB's job??!! It would be the first time in history the MARCOs had been utilised in this way and why for a P-17 induction? What was so special about this commissioning that it required MARCOs to pull guard duty?

Entirely correct. Onboard ship-protection is SPB's job.

I think soon SPB will also be used to protect Indian merchant vessels from pirates on the high seas.

Entirely correct. Onboard ship-protection is SPB's job.

I think soon SPB will also be used to protect Indian merchant vessels from pirates on the high seas.

There was recent news of Indian agencies soon being deployed on Indian merchant vessels so it would either be SPB or specially trained CISF IIRC.

+ sir one correction, it will be within the SPB's remit to protect IN vessels as long as they are deployed on Indian soil. When deployed the Ship's own force protection units are in charge of the safety of the ship. The SPB are purely deployed in India and are not embarked on IN ships.

what are the standard special forces gear used by Indian SF as compared to other international special forces

what are the standard special forces gear used by Indian SF as compared to other international special forces

Firstly it depands on what mission the SF operators are planning to do. For instance if they are pllaing to do a HR mission with CQB they will utilise certain equipment they wouldn't take with them for a recconsence mission. Indian SOFs have access to a huge array of gear and weaponry and each and every mission they go on will require the utilisation of different elements of this array of kit.

By and large Indian SOF's gear is comparable to international/Western SOFs standards.

The Indian SOFs have come a long way in terms of modernisation of kit in the past 3/4 years and there is an incredibly positive gradient in funding of SOFs in India now. In a few years I have no doubt Indian SOFs will be better equipped than some of their Western counterparts.

@mirage2K
If you'd like to give me a few mission profiles I'll tell you what kit Indian SOFs are likely to utilise for that particular mission. The mission profiles and hence kit used by Indian SOFs are so diverse i could be here all night if I tried detailing every little detail and preice of equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy, do you know what type of Bullet proof jacket the SF uses? Are they made in India or bought from foreign vendors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom