What's new

Indian Special Forces

Exercise EKUVERIN-12: India-Maldives Military Engagement

The exercise that lasted for around 13 days, started on November 12, 2012. 45 soldiers of the Madras Regiment represented the Indian side, with an equal number of MNDF Marine Corps soldiers. Named 'EKUVERIN-12'+, it focussed primarily on Counter-Terrorism/Insurgency & hostage rescue missions. Facilities of the Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre in Belgaum were utilised for this engagement. The next round would be held in 2013, with Maldives playing host. Posted below are a collection of pictures from the exercise. Going by the nature of missions undertaken & the fact that the soldiers here are seen armed with AK-series weapons, I'm assuming that the Indian side included members of the 'Ghatak' Platoon.

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-01_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-02_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-03_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-04_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-05_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-06_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-10_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-11_thumb.jpg

Exercise EKUVERIN-12: India-Maldives Military Engagement [Photographs] - AA Me, IN

Exercise EKUVERIN-12: India-Maldives Military Engagement

The exercise that lasted for around 13 days, started on November 12, 2012. 45 soldiers of the Madras Regiment represented the Indian side, with an equal number of MNDF Marine Corps soldiers. Named 'EKUVERIN-12'+, it focussed primarily on Counter-Terrorism/Insurgency & hostage rescue missions. Facilities of the Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre in Belgaum were utilised for this engagement. The next round would be held in 2013, with Maldives playing host. Posted below are a collection of pictures from the exercise. Going by the nature of missions undertaken & the fact that the soldiers here are seen armed with AK-series weapons, I'm assuming that the Indian side included members of the 'Ghatak' Platoon.

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-03_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-05_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-06_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-10_thumb.jpg

EKUVERIN-12-Indo-Maldivian-Joint-Military-Exercise-2012-11_thumb.jpg

Exercise EKUVERIN-12: India-Maldives Military Engagement [Photographs] - AA Me, IN
Not necessarily Ghataks- as they were focusing on CT/CI missions these could be regular GIs as the AK is (for the next couple of years) the IA's rifle of choice for CI/CT.But it is possible as I don't think GI are allowed the freedom to camo up their INSAS.

I do like the Maldevian multi-cam though! Interesting that their higher ups aren't wearing it:

Not necessarily Ghataks- as they were focusing on CT/CI missions these could be regular GIs as the AK is (for the next couple of years) the IA's rifle of choice for CI/CT.But it is possible as I don't think GI are allowed the freedom to camo up their INSAS.

I do like the Maldevian multi-cam though! Interesting that their higher ups aren't wearing it:

That's a Vz. 58 not an AK.

No- SFs didn't take part from either nation.

+ okay, AK familly!

I removed the "SF" as soon as I saw as Madras Regiment.Could be Ghataks, those tac-vests aren't very widespread as of now and the Vz. 58 was the assault rifle of choice of the SF and Para's before being replaced by the Tavor.

Awesome video mate!
Good to see MARCOS and Paras training together.
Cant wait for our very own SF command in some time. Hopefully it will receive a separate budget

Yep I'm very much liking foreword to that too and yes it will have its own separate budget.

Random pics, may have already been posted...

PARAs and GARUDs...

Indian Para Commando with a Ruskie troop:tup:

watch "गरजते गरुड़ हिंदुस्तान के...!", a documentary about garud commandos on NDTV.

It is the best documentary about indian special forces. i can't paste the link.

Back
Top Bottom